Royal Caribbean Room Service Fee

As my children are now older (teens and young adult), I am hoping that we as a family will go on a cruise for Christmas this year. So that means I have begun to research and have my travel agent looking into options for me.

During this research I found out that starting this month RCC will have a $7.95 per order fee added on for room service orders. Here is a link for the Royal Caribbean Blog which gives information about the fee.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/03/16/royal-caribbean-shares-new-fleet-wide-room-service-menu

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do that many people order room service on a cruise?

The one time we went, we were so full from the various meals offered, that we never thought of food once we were back at our room.  The only time we ate in our room was when they had the late night buffet, and we took plates back instead of eating in the dining room.

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Do that many people order room service on a cruise?

The one time we went, we were so full from the various meals offered, that we never thought of food once we were back at our room.  The only time we ate in our room was when they had the late night buffet, and we took plates back instead of eating in the dining room.

If it's free, I imagine that they do.

We order a lot of room service when have sailed with DCL.

The last time I sailed on RCCL, room service was not free, except for some limited continental breakfast items, so we didn't order room service.

I actually don't have a problem with them charging a small fee for room service.  It will cut down on abuse, and it's better than them raising the fares to cover the cost.

I wouldn't even object if Disney did this.  I think a lot of guests abuse the privilege on DCL.

TCD

I'm a big fan of room service.  Matter of fact we had room service every morning on our last two cruises.  We would pre-order coffee and juices and small pastry's and enjoy it on the balcony first thing in the morning while getting ready!  If I could start every morning like that I'd be in heaven!  Luckily it sounds like that is still free.

I also used room service when W was napping, because you know on a cruise I have to eat at least every 1-2 hours. :)

WBI

When we went on our last Royal Caribbean cruise which was in 2012 there was no fee. Unless you ordered something late at night. Even then the fee was so small that DH didn't mind paying it. He eats late at home. Often he will sit with us and take a few bites, but really doesn’t actually eat until after 11 sometimes.

Some other things we liked to order from room service were the fruit and cheese plate, appetizers, and chocolate chip cookies. The girls loved having those with milk before bed.

From the message boards it seems like TCD is right and people were taking advantage of it. The time you had to wait to get your food was ridiculous. Also someone who worked on a cruise ship commented about how much waste there was when people would order and then not eat what they had ordered. Sometimes leaving full plates.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk