I did the Fort Wilderness Segway Tour a few years ago and I had PF in my left foot at the time. I was wearing that special boot to bed everynight during that time. (it really helps).

Most of my issues were when my feet hit the floor first thing in the morning. After a few minutes of hobbling around it would get better.

I didn't have any issues on the Segway, in fact I was having so much fun that I didn't even think about my foot at all.

As Travisma said, you can move your feet around and flex your knees as well. Your feet are not strapped in and there is enough room to turn your feet quite a bit once you learn to relax. The first few minutes are the toughest until you learn how to control it.

I would try and do it at whatever part of the day your feet feel best. But if you can stand up on a staircase tread (about the same size) for at least a few minutes you shouldn't have any problem.  B)

• 3 weeks later...

My problem is not PF. But if standing still make it worse, then you won't enjoy segways. I have problems with one ankle- if I can't flex it, I'm in a lot of pain, and I found that Segways are much worse because it concentrates the pressure on one spot over a longer period of time. You can move, but not enough for me. Walking is not an issue, biking is not an issue, but segways make me hobble. I thought I'd enjoy it; I really did not.