Help with choosing a loop...

First off, my apologies for starting another of these threads, but I've read all I can and still have questions.

Secondly, I understand that I can only make a loop request but ultimately they'll put us where they put us. But I figure it doesn't hurt to try.

Our situation; visiting 5/29 - 6/4, Premium pet site, family of five (three boys), plus two dogs (one tiny old guy who won't need to leave the site, one large young gal).

What we'd like;
near enough a playground for the boys to wander over on their own.
near comfort station. I try not to use the tiny shower in the camper if I can help it.
shade is good
would rather not be right on top of the 'action'. would prefer some semblance of peace and quiet at appropriate times.
within 10-15 minute walk/jog to the dog park, doesn't need to be right next door.

So, I guess I'm looking at maybe 500 or 1100? 800 and 900 look nice but appear to be pretty far from a playground. Any other thoughts?

Other questions;

How often do the internal bus routes run?

How long does the typical boat ride to and from MK take including wait, loading, unloading, etc.?

How long does the typical bus ride to and from the other parks take including wait, loading, unloading, etc.?

Is it OK to run a dog on the internal walking/jogging path?

Thanks!!!

No need to apologize for asking questions about loops- each situation is unique.

Based on all of your criteria, I would say 500 should be your #1 loop request, followed by 400.

1100 allegedly is not an official pet loop (although the way things have been lately, you could probably have pets in that loop).

As for your other questions:

How often do the internal bus routes run?

It varies with the time of day and the day of the week.  You shouldn't have more than a 15-20 minute wait at the longest, and most of the time, it will be less.

How long does the typical boat ride to and from MK take including wait, loading, unloading, etc.?

The waiting part is the big variable here.  There are times when it inexplicably takes longer than it should. Allow around 45 minutes, but most of the time it will be less.  On rare occasion, it could be longer.

How long does the typical bus ride to and from the other parks take including wait, loading, unloading, etc.?

My rule of thumb is to allow an hour to get anywhere from the Outpost Bus Stop.  It can take a lot less, and rarely could take longer.

Is it OK to run a dog on the internal walking/jogging path?

As long as the dog is on a leash, it's OK to bring dogs most places in the Fort.  There are signs posted where you can't.

TCD

4 minutes ago, slices said:

It's also worth noting the boats can be delayed if it's foggy. Ended up taking a replacement bus from the Settlement to MK yesterday morning.

That is a rare occurrence.  There are times when there's a mechanical breakdown as well.  Sometimes, the Fort gets the very slow boat that is from the old AK Discovery River ride. 

Fog happens when there's a difference between the temperature of the water in Bay Lake and the morning air.  Most likely in spring and the fall.  But rare.

TCD

I know this is not the place to post,  but since you brought up transportation I'll tell you our experience this week.  We wanted to go to the contemporary one night to see Moana since it was playing at just about every resort but the camp ground. It took us an hour and 15 minutes to get to the contemporary from the campgrounds.    I guess there is some rule that both small boats are to get to the contemporary at the same time. So if one boat is running late or one is running early, you get to bob up and down in the middle of the lake and hear lame stories from the boat captains or hear 24 bars of when you wish upon a star, then you can meet up with the other boat.  

The other was a hour and a half wait at Disney springs waiting for a yacht and beach club bus. I asked a standing around driver how the system worked since there were other resorts that had. 3 buses come and go already. He was happy to vent to me about the stupid automated bus system that was recently put in place at DS that automatically tells the driver where to go next after he makes a drop. He says the drivers are all over disney property now and they hate it. He said complain at the resort because they take the guest complaints seriously and CM complaints are just part of their job. He said the system is comfortable by to MK in the next few weeks.  I think the cameras at the bus stops at DS has something to do with the amount of buses that come in a particular time, but that's just my opinion

16 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

The other was a hour and a half wait at Disney springs waiting for a yacht and beach club bus. I asked a standing around driver how the system worked since there were other resorts that had. 3 buses come and go already. He was happy to vent to me about the stupid automated bus system that was recently put in place at DS that automatically tells the driver where to go next after he makes a drop. He says the drivers are all over disney property now and they hate it. He said complain at the resort because they take the guest complaints seriously and CM complaints are just part of their job. He said the system is comfortable by to MK in the next few weeks.  I think the cameras at the bus stops at DS has something to do with the amount of buses that come in a particular time, but that's just my opinion

We waited almost an hour to get a Wilderness Lodge bus at EPCOT a few weeks ago, and there were already people in line when we got there.  Same thing, numerous buses to other resorts/parks, and some left empty.

It could be alleviated by a CM with a radio at each bus lot telling dispatch what stops they need a bus at.

I usually allow 90 minutes from leaving the campsite to get to anywhere on WDW property using Disney Transportation.  It usually takes much less, but I like to be early rather than late.  

Just a heads up:  If you want to go to MK before park opening, the best way is to take the resort boat to the Contemporary and walk over.