Well, I noticed driving around the fort this week two new things. First the benches at the campfire have been replaced with little league baseball style benches. It looks like crap but much more comfortable. 

84E17E0E-6396-4C32-AC4A-8A2FC142680A.jpg

second, I think some Disney rocket scientists left out what I think is the most important recycling bin,  the plastic.  In my opinion we throw out more plastic than anything...except glass beer and wine bottles

A5D7E159-95E6-46D9-98FF-603CA4E8C765.jpg

11 minutes ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

The ones in the loops I think had a plastic bin, it wasn't this style though, it was more of a milk crate style.

These are now the ones in all the loops

1 hour ago, Starbuc71 said:

Well, I noticed driving around the fort this week two new things. First the benches at the campfire have been replaced with little league baseball style benches. It looks like crap but much more comfortable. 

84E17E0E-6396-4C32-AC4A-8A2FC142680A.jpg

It looks like there are less benches also.  Our last two trips were over Thanksgiving and with the old benches it was hard to find a seat, It looks like it will be worse now.

WBI

13 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

It looks like there are less benches also.  Our last two trips were over Thanksgiving and with the old benches it was hard to find a seat, It looks like it will be worse now.

WBI

Not only does it look like fewer benches but these aluminum things are da** cold to sit on when the weather is a little cooler!!  That's always my objection when we go to Fantasmic.  At least with the wood once you had warmed it up with your butt it stayed warm.:angry:

54 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

Not only does it look like fewer benches but these aluminum things are da** cold to sit on when the weather is a little cooler!!  That's always my objection when we go to Fantasmic.  At least with the wood once you had warmed it up with your butt it stayed warm.:angry:

They'll also be a lot hotter sitting in the full sun. Wood is a much better choice IMO.

Reclining stadium style seating with cup holders at the campfire area in the 3000 loop.

7 hours ago, lightbikes said:

I'm a bit more concerned at how hot they are going to be to sit on. They will be heating up all day in the Florida sun. 

They are also really ugly. 

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Whelp, there's two more idiotic moves to add to a very long list of idiotic decisions made by the idiots in charge. 

Have I ever mentioned that the Fort is run by a bunch of idiots?

TCD

I think that's the first I've seen it mentioned.......

Here is something new I saw last night. They may have been talked about before. I noticed projector lights mounted on two bus stops on the main road by the cabin pool. They seem to be projected on the road saying Disney transport ADA.  

8DA137F9-7F53-4097-9ED2-51FDEE580549.jpg

1FEA3B78-E552-42C2-8BD8-046A693F13D0.jpg

23 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

Here is something new I saw last night. They may have been talked about before. I noticed projector lights mounted on two bus stops on the main road by the cabin pool. They seem to be projected on the road saying Disney transport ADA.  

8DA137F9-7F53-4097-9ED2-51FDEE580549.jpg

1FEA3B78-E552-42C2-8BD8-046A693F13D0.jpg

Hey that's great. Now I know how to get a free ride to Ada Oklahoma.  Lol. 

Wouldnt have been cheaper and better just to put up a metal sign?  

10 minutes ago, PghBob said:

In Medical/Legal/Educational terms, ADA often refers to the Americans with Disabilities Act.  Could it be directing Disney Transport to the appropriate place to stop to onload/offload certain guests that need help on/off the buses?  Obviously, just a guess.

I think that's a good guess.

I also assumed it has something to do with the Americans with Disabilities Act, but my question was why use a projector for that?

They have all kinds of other stuff painted on the ground, so, if they need to mark something for the ADA, why not do it permanently rather than relying on a projector, which can get bumped, or not work, and probably won't be visible in bright sunlight?

TCD

25 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Good job spotting and reporting new stuff, S71!

Those projectors are definitely new.

What is the arrow pointing toward?  The bus stop?

If so, what exactly is the point of the projection image?  The bus stop is right there.

TCD

I have no clue what they are for. They are point away from the bus stop

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I think that's a good guess.

I also assumed it has something to do with the Americans with Disabilities Act, but my question was why use a projector for that?

They have all kinds of other stuff painted on the ground, so, if they need to mark something for the ADA, why not do it permanently rather than relying on a projector, which can get bumped, or not work, and probably won't be visible in bright sunlight?

TCD

As usual, you raise good points.  The fact that it is a lighted projection indicates to me that whatever its purpose, it only needs to be seen at night.  Otherwise, as you suggest, permanent paint would be a better choice.

Looking at it from my pic, maybe it shows where the bus should stop so the door lines up with the sidewalk. But again, you can only see it at night and from what I saw it was only at two bus stops on the purple route

Bobby says the lights are to direct drunken dentists to the American Dental Association picnic in the 3000 loop.

16 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Bobby says the lights are to direct drunken dentists to the American Dental Association picnic in the 3000 loop.

Oh, that ADA.

Makes perfect sense.

Your response answered another question I had:  Who can afford the 3000 loop?

Dentists.

Of course.

Small point of clarification:  Isn't the word drunken used in this context redundant?

Also, congrats to Bobby on his contract extension.  Looks like you'll have the inside info through the opening of Star Wars Land.

TCD

19 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Some of you are starting to sound like Rabid Anti-Dentites.......