Curious if anyone has any personal experience with either of these products.  Our new rig has space for a w/d combo however... it looks like it would be $1000-$1500 (at a minimum) to install a unit and we simply wouldn't use it enough to warrant the expense however...having a way to wash a few items from time to time would be really nice.  We prefer not to use community laundry for the simple reason that we don't like the perfume in so many detergents (messes with our sinuses).

https://www.amazon.com/Breathing-Mobile-Washer-Classic-Construction/dp/B002QUAPSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490275261&sr=8-1&keywords=hand+plunger+washer

https://www.amazon.com/Laundry-Alternative-Nina-Soft-Dryer/dp/B00CDWTQKI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490275233&sr=8-3&keywords=spin+dryer

21 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Curious if anyone has any personal experience with either of these products.  Our new rig has space for a w/d combo however... it looks like it would be $1000-$1500 (at a minimum) to install a unit and we simply wouldn't use it enough to warrant the expense however...having a way to wash a few items from time to time would be really nice.  We prefer not to use community laundry for the simple reason that we don't like the perfume in so many detergents (messes with our sinuses).

https://www.amazon.com/Breathing-Mobile-Washer-Classic-Construction/dp/B002QUAPSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490275261&sr=8-1&keywords=hand+plunger+washer

https://www.amazon.com/Laundry-Alternative-Nina-Soft-Dryer/dp/B00CDWTQKI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490275233&sr=8-3&keywords=spin+dryer

If you want to be a do it yourselfer check out these

http://www.instructables.com/id/Table-Top-Washing-Machine-4-Da-Poor-Man/

http://www.instructables.com/id/redneck-washing-machine/

20 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Yes...but the plunger set up in Amazon is cheap and already made ?

14 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

10 different offers on the washer dryer combo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thank you.  Finding a used one is only part of the cost.   We actually found a really good used combo unit that we could pick up for $500 however,  the install for our washer dryer "prepped" fifth wheel is going to run (they average) 3 to 4 hours on an install.  Apparently it's not an easy thing so their charge is right around $500- $600 for the labor charge to cut the vent hole and then install the combo unit (guess this can be a pain to get in).

If we were able to take several long trips a year, I could see justifying the cost...but for as little as we'd use it, I just can't,

15 minutes ago, Travisma said:

You still need a bucket/tub correct?

Yes, I would still need a $3 bucket ?

48 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

What about just getting a washer and go old school and hang to dry? If not doing a lot there are clothes lines that attach to the camper, ours hangs off the ladder.

We have considered this as well, just didn't know if it would be a pain to install the washer in there

34 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We have considered this as well, just didn't know if it would be a pain to install the washer in there

I would think that would be the easy part.... Hook up power and 2 water lines and viola! washer :)
We looked into doing a combo but I can't justify paying someone to install it...and I can't bring myself to drill that big of a hole in the side of our 5er.

2 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

I would think that would be the easy part.... Hook up power and 2 water lines and viola! washer :)
We looked into doing a combo but I can't justify paying someone to install it...and I can't bring myself to drill that big of a hole in the side of our 5er.

Yes, definitely more expensive than we anticipated.

2 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

Don't forget the drain line, or you'll have an indoor pool !  :P

26 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Don't forget the drain line, or you'll have an indoor pool !  :P

Our new rig is w/d prepped..so it has electrical and plumbing.  It does not have the vent; that would need to be cut out....if we wanted a dryer.

Just get the combo unit and have the install done at the dealer. In my experience by the time you go and buy all the stuff to get around getting what you really want, what you end up really wanting is the thing you wanted in the first place, and then buy it on top of the junk things that didn't work. On top of that, if you change trailers again, you take it out and put it in the new one. 

Tell them you'll pay retail for the unit. if they'll put the the vent in for free. 

I would put in the w/d without a second thought. Even if I were only just going to use it occasionally, it would be a done deal. I can't even put a monetary value on it. Having my own laundry facilities in mandatory in my world. If I could afford a big rig, I would make it perfect, and that includes a washer and dryer. 

Laundry is my nemesis. I raised 4 kids (some years 5) for 11 years in a rented townhouse, that not only didn't have hook-ups, but didn't allow tenants to put in apartment sized models. I also lived for over a year in another place with no w/d when my first child was an infant. 

I don't mind not having a dishwasher. I have had to wash dishes plenty of places and it's not what my nightmares are made of. My nightmarish memories all involve hand washing or dragging laundry to and from the laundromat. 

Go for it. Don't look back. 

Friends of ours once had one like this in their motorhome and carried it in the storage bin, he would take it out and hook direct to the water at the pole and run the drain to the sewer ( seemed like a lot of work to me ) but something like this could be placed in where the w/d hookups are in your new rig. Not cheap but a option.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-2-6-cu-ft-Portable-Top-Load-Washer-White/50430790

12 hours ago, bhall said:

Stupid question time.  Are these units narrow enough to fit through the door of w/d prepped units or do you have to take a window out?

I think they'd have to remove the bedroom door, but after that...it should fit.  I guess the units are pretty heavy and they don't want to bang stuff up, so it takes some time.

12 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

Just get the combo unit and have the install done at the dealer. In my experience by the time you go and buy all the stuff to get around getting what you really want, what you end up really wanting is the thing you wanted in the first place, and then buy it on top of the junk things that didn't work. On top of that, if you change trailers again, you take it out and put it in the new one. 

Tell them you'll pay retail for the unit. if they'll put the the vent in for free. 

Sigh... I thought that as well.

10 hours ago, Roberta said:

I would put in the w/d without a second thought. Even if I were only just going to use it occasionally, it would be a done deal. I can't even put a monetary value on it. Having my own laundry facilities in mandatory in my world. If I could afford a big rig, I would make it perfect, and that includes a washer and dryer. 

Laundry is my nemesis. I raised 4 kids (some years 5) for 11 years in a rented townhouse, that not only didn't have hook-ups, but didn't allow tenants to put in apartment sized models. I also lived for over a year in another place with no w/d when my first child was an infant. 

I don't mind not having a dishwasher. I have had to wash dishes plenty of places and it's not what my nightmares are made of. My nightmarish memories all involve hand washing or dragging laundry to and from the laundromat. 

Go for it. Don't look back. 

I think we'll give it some more thought, simply because it's so expensive.  There is a unit on sale locally that (if I can get it for the price I want), I may purchase and hold onto to... then save up for the install cost.  Not sure.  The reality of it is, let's say I do a load every single trip (which I can't imagine as most of our trips are 2 and 3 night stays...but let's just say that's the case).  Roughly, we're talking 23 loads.  At $4/load to wash and dry (at a CG laundry mat, which I wouldn't do...I'd just take it home), that's $92.  Heck, even if it's $5/load, that's $115/year.  Now let's say that I get the w/d combo for the price I want and installed it's $900.  That's a good 8-9 years before I even break even.

Seeing those numbers makes me realize that the desire to have this feature is a decent waste of money.  A convenient and fun feature, no question, but our trips are so short that it just isn't cost effective.  Of course...what about RVing is?  Haha :lol:

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Friends of ours once had one like this in their motorhome and carried it in the storage bin, he would take it out and hook direct to the water at the pole and run the drain to the sewer ( seemed like a lot of work to me ) but something like this could be placed in where the w/d hookups are in your new rig. Not cheap but a option.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-2-6-cu-ft-Portable-Top-Load-Washer-White/50430790

Hmmm... I think just finding a used, small washer to install would be a better choice.  You're right though, it's an option ^_^

6 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

A convenient and fun feature, no question, but our trips are so short that it just isn't cost effective.  Of course...what about RVing is?  Haha :lol:

You beat me to the come back.  :P

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Heck, use the extra $$$ you save to just buy new clothes when you run out of clean!

Oh my gosh... ding, ding, ding.... that's the winner :lol:  But the thought on the washing machine is a good one.

3 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

The dryer vent install can't be hard. Most of the RV techs out there are just handy man type guys anyway.  

I'd DIY it.  

I don't imagine it's too tough either...