Legend of Sleepy Hollow showing at the Fort

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/03/legend-sleepy-hollow-screening-headless-horseman-meet-greet-coming-walt-disney-world-halloween/

“The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” screening, Headless Horseman meet-and-greet coming to Walt Disney World for Halloween

Attention, Halloween enthusiasts and Walt Disney World fans! The Headless Horseman is returning to the Fort Wilderness Campground this fall, but in an entirely different way! Instead of a haunted hayride through the woods as in previous years, Fort Wilderness will be offering an “up-close-and-personal” encounter with the Headless Horseman as part of a spooky seasonal event themed around “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”.

The main attraction of the event is a Tri Circle D Ranch screening of the 1949 Disney animated film “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”, which was originally paired with “The Wind in the Willows” as part of Walt Disney’s “The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad” double feature. Guests will then have an opportunity to interact with– and of course have their photos taken with– the Headless Horseman himself. All attendees will receive a limited-edition Headless Horseman pin, and Premium ticket holders will be given an additional goodie bag.

General admission is $22 per person with tax, while premium seating is $38. The event will occur on September 29th and 30th, followed by Thursdays through Sundays in October, plus Monday the 30th and Tuesday the 31st for Halloween.

Tickets for the “Legend of Sleepy Hollow” event will go on sale six months before each date (for example, for the October 1st show, reservations can be made starting April 1st.) Be sure to reserve your spots in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

How will they keep the un paying away from the movie?

That's a good question.

I was thinking that they could use the space between the Backyard BBQ pavilion and Pioneer Hall, but noise from the Backyard BBQ could interfere with the movie.  The open field between Pioneer Hall and the Settlement Bus Stop would be hard to keep private.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

And they mentioned the Haunted Hayride.  When was the last time they had that?

My recollection is that the last Haunted Hayride was in 2008.

After that, they offered a Haunted Carriage Ride, which was not as good.

The last Haunted Carriage Ride was in 2011, they cancelled them in 2012, and they have not been back:

TCD

12 minutes ago, Travisma said:

My recollection is that the last Haunted Hayride was in 2008.

So their PR flacks were referencing an attraction that hasn't been around in 9YEARS !  Maybe they should've done some research.

I don't think that post if from Disney- it's just another clueless blogger.

If you click on the link in the story, the blogger has another article discussing defunct Halloween events.  That article says the last Fort Wilderness Haunted Hayride was in 2014.  That is definitely wrong.  The description is pretty accurate for what occurred during the Haunted Hayrides- with the wagon being chased by the Headless Horseman.  But, there was no chasing in the Haunted Carriage Rides (which were lame in comparison), and those started in 2009 (could have been 2010), but even those stopped after the 2011 season.

TCD

The movie will be shown in the draft horse barn at the TCD Ranch.  The aisle way is easily large enough for 8-10 chairs across and as many rows as you could continue to see the screen and not complain that you didn't get your $22 worth.  The meet and greet will probably be in there too, thus preventing non-payers from enjoying the show for free.  I wouldn't count on being able to meet the horse though.  I cannot think of another meet and greet with a live animal, and even though a draft horse is more gentle and calm than a light horse, it is still a 2000 lb animal with a lemon sized brain.

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeFortFan said:

The movie will be shown in the draft horse barn at the TCD Ranch.  The aisle way is easily large enough for 8-10 chairs across and as many rows as you could continue to see the screen and not complain that you didn't get your $22 worth.  The meet and greet will probably be in there too, thus preventing non-payers from enjoying the show for free.  I wouldn't count on being able to meet the horse though.  I cannot think of another meet and greet with a live animal, and even though a draft horse is more gentle and calm than a light horse, it is still a 2000 lb animal with a lemon sized brain.

Very cool- inside information!  Thanks for sharing that.

I think you're right about the meet and greet.  There is also a safety issue for the CM in the Headless Horseman costume. She (yes it's usually a she) can't see very well with her head behind a shirt, and there's no way they could safely let guests get close to her and the horse.

TCD

The best way to get near the draft horses is when they are getting new shoes honestly. (my opinion only here)  They(the blacksmith crew) let my son even pet the horse and take pictures with him.  He was very gentle and demanded more petting.  It definitely was not with a bunch of people though.  This was this past week during break.

IMG_5983.JPG

11 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

The best way to get near the draft horses is when they are getting new shoes honestly. (my opinion only here)  They(the blacksmith crew) let my son even pet the horse and take pictures with him.  He was very gentle and demanded more petting.  It definitely was not with a bunch of people though.  This was this past week during break.

IMG_5983.JPG

Cool story and photo.

That's a much cooler encounter than what is being offered for $38.

Like they say- the best things in life are free.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I still have not been able to find any kind of official announcement from Disney about this event, but they apparently had a cast preview of it last night:

According to the link Jason posted above, and similar posts I've seen around on the internet, the first of these nights open to guests isn't until September 29th.  Seems odd that they did the Cast Preview so far ahead of time.

TCD

Right on cue, the Disney Parks Blog just posted its first mention of this event:

Experience the Thrills of ‘Return To Sleepy Hollow’ at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Are you one of the many guests that are entranced with the appearance of the Headless Horseman at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park? Many party attendees – myself included – line up early with their smartphones at the ready, just to snap a pic as the Horseman and his mysterious dark steed clip-clop down Main Street, U.S.A., before “Mickey’s Boo To You” parade.

If you’re a brave soul who can’t get enough of the Horseman, the “Return to Sleepy Hollow” offering at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground may be your perfect idea of fall fun.

‘Return To Sleepy Hollow’

The “Return to Sleepy Hollow” offering includes a group viewing of the 1949 Disney animated classic film “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” inside the resort’s historic Tri-Circle-D Ranch stables. While the stables are usually open to guests year-round, on nights like these they should watch for galloping ghosts and be ready for an up close and personal encounter with the Headless Horseman.

'Return to Sleepy Hollow' at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground 'Return to Sleepy Hollow' at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

The Return to Sleepy Hollow offering will take place at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: September 29-October 2, October 5-9, 12-16, 19-23 and 26-31, at 8 and 10 p.m.

The experience can be reserved by calling 407-WDW-TOUR. General seating costs $22 per person, while premium seating, which includes a priority photo opportunity with the Headless Horseman and a Halloween treat bag, costs $38 per person. Guests in both seatings, age 3 and older, will also receive an exclusive limited edition pin. Guests age 2 and younger receive complimentary admission with their families, but are asked to sit in a parent’s lap.

Space is extremely limited for this offering. Race to book now!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/experience-the-thrills-of-return-to-sleepy-hollow-at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-campground/

The photo op looks a little lame.

TCD