Cruise IT curiosities

My questions relate to the Fantasy, but I'm guessing all Disney Ships are similar.

1) can I use some old iPhone 4s for my DW and I to communicate via the Disney Cruise app.The thought of an iPhone 7 slipping gently into the ocean, in the wake behind the ship, is nauseating. They are no longer used as cell phones, but still used for Web browsing via WiFi.

2) can the same old phones be used for Connect@Sea? Specifically, can I use my Google Voice app to make a call home, which would just use the data MBS. Or do they block this kind of IP,call?

You can use any internet ready device that can support the app, i believe. At least that was my experience on the wonder last month. And I used FB Messenger to call home a few times. We got a limited amount of data for free for signing up the first evening, and were able to make those calls home within that allotment.

They also still have the wave phones if you want to use those to stay in touch with your wife on board.

Sent from my handheld doohickie