Best sites for big rig,premium ,pet friendly

I am looking at staying at Fort Wilderness from Dec. 1-8. I am looking at what sites are fairly easy to get into and are roomy for 42' Fifth wheel and a crew cab dually truck. I am traveling with 3 adults,1 child,and a dog. So any information on this would greatly help! Thanks to everyone in advance!

Welcome!

With that size of a trailer, you're going to want a premium site.

There are 430 premium sites at the Fort.  Any of them would work for you.

Is being near transportation important to you?  Do you want to be close to the dog park? Do you have any plans to use the comfort stations?  Do you want to be close to the pool?  What parks do you plan on visiting, and how do you plan to get there?  Will you have a golf cart?Those details impact which loop would be best for you to request.

TCD

15 hours ago, bulldog95 said:

We do not have a golf cart, we plan on taking Disney transportation for the parks. I will not be taking our dog to the dog park. We will be going to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and also Disney Springs.

In that case, being close to a bus stop is a big priority.

Given what you've said, I think the 500 loop would be your best bet, followed by 900/1000 in that order.  The advantage of the 500 loop is that it's on the Yellow bus line, which gets you through the campground a bit quicker than the Orange bus line.  The advantage of 900/1000 is that, in addition to having a bus stop right at the loop entrance, you are right across from the Meadow Trading Post, and an easy walk to the pool and campfire area.

TCD

12 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

FWIW, not all premium sites are big rig friendly. I've been on some with our 40' fifth wheel and dually that were very tight. We have stayed in a full hook up the last 3 trips. The 1600 and 1700 loops have some nice deep sites with plenty of room in between neighbors. 

True, but there aren't many tight premium sites.  I agree with you that there are some. But, the odds are that most premium sites would work fine for a 42' 5th wheel.  Better odds than rolling the dice on a full or preferred loop.

You're right about 1600 and 1700- those sites are deep.  But, 1/3 or more of the length is not paved.  If I had a 42' 5th wheel, I'd much rather be on a premium site, but a full hook-up site could work too.

TCD

37 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

True, but there aren't many tight premium sites.  I agree with you that there are some. But, the odds are that most premium sites would work fine for a 42' 5th wheel.  Better odds than rolling the dice on a full or preferred loop.

You're right about 1600 and 1700- those sites are deep.  But, 1/3 or more of the length is not paved.  If I had a 42' 5th wheel, I'd much rather be on a premium site, but a full hook-up site could work too.

TCD

If you want a challenge, book a partial site and shoehorn your 42 footer in one of those babies!  Disney won't mind.