I'm sure this has been brought up previously, but it deserves revisiting since there are plans to raise the fee from $10 to $80 (and this was in place before the new administration).

One article I read said it was supposed to go into affect this spring, and another I read said it's going to happen but has been put on hold at the moment but it is going to happen.

We finally got ours yesterday.  Parks in FL where you can purchase the passes are few and far between.  You can order them online for an additional $10 fee per pass.

THE NATIONAL PARKS AND FEDERAL RECREATIONAL LANDS SENIOR PASS

The Senior Pass is a lifetime pass available to United States citizens or permanent residents 62 years of age or older. The Pass can be used at over 2000 Federal recreation sites across the nation, including National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges, and many National Forest lands. The Senior Pass admits the Pass owner and any passengers traveling with him/her in a non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas or the Pass owner and three additional adults where per-person fees are charged. The Senior Pass may also offer a discount on some expanded amenity fees, such as camping. Discounts offered by the Pass vary widely across the many different types of recreation sites. Pass owners are encouraged to check with sites they plan to visit before obtaining a pass to verify that their Pass will be accepted. Anytime a Pass is used, photo identification will be requested to verify Pass ownership.

The ranger we got the pass from said camping discounts can be as much as 50%.

And you can get up to 3 people into the per person charge parks for free also, or a carload for free.