IS TINK A MILLIONARE ?

My wife was telling me yesterday she saw an article on the interweb (must be true) that was confirmed (by who I don't know) that Tink gets $1000 for every slide down the wire.  They are not insured by Disney and have to be self insured.  This confirmer said that it's true and that they got $500 a zip a few years.

So, if the same person works 5 days a week for a year they are getting $260,00 a year to play on a zip line.

Find me an XXL Tu Tu and some wings!

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree that it's good gossip.

But, there's no way Disney would be paying anyone $1000 per trip for this.  They would have cut this out long ago if that were true. 

I'm sure they pay the guy well, but no way they're paying him $1000 per flight.

TCD

I completely agree with TCD. No way. 

The Army used to pay me a hundred bucks a month to jump from airplanes.  Where do I sign up for this Disney gig?

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree that it's good gossip.

But, there's no way Disney would be paying anyone $1000 per trip for this.  They would have cut this out long ago if that were true. 

I'm sure they pay the guy well, but no way they're paying him $1000 per flight.

TCD

I doubt they even pay $100 per flight.  Person might be making $100 a day but probably working a full 8 hour shift including the slide.

This may surprise you but Tink may get paid $1,000/ day. 

That is assuming Disney stunt people are in the union.   

The Stage Actors Guild (SAG) union minimum is about $800 per day. Plus more for dangerous stunts.   But I'm assuming that Tink is hired for more than just one day so he is probably getting the weekly minimum of approx $3200/ week. 

Again this is the union minimum based on simple stunts.   So if tink works 5 days a week and we assume that is a more dangerous stunt than a bar fight, he might be making $1,000/ day.   

3 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Half of which?

daily rate?

weekly rate?

The per "flight rate".  If weather prevents a flight, no pay even though they are there to go.  

Edit:  I just saw your previous post, I don't know how I missed it when I posted.  Last I heard, $500 per "flight".  However, given the minimums you posted, perhaps it is now higher.  There are a few who are available to make the flights, and they are paid on a "per flight" basis.  I don't know if they do other things at Disney as well, or if this is just a night job. 

13 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Is Tink going to be on the unemployment line after May 11?

According to the Disney Parks Blog, he will still be flying:

Can’t wait to see it but I hope Tinkerbell still flies from the castle!

Sandra Silvestro on February 9, 2017 at 6:03 pm

• Yes, I can confirm that Tinker Bell still flies in the new show.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 9, 2017 at 7:18 pm

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/happily-ever-after-nighttime-spectacular-will-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park-may-12/

TCD

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

The per "flight rate".  If weather prevents a flight, no pay even though they are there to go.  

Edit:  I just saw your previous post, I don't know how I missed it when I posted.  Last I heard, $500 per "flight".  However, given the minimums you posted, perhaps it is now higher.  There are a few who are available to make the flights, and they are paid on a "per flight" basis.  I don't know if they do other things at Disney as well, or if this is just a night job. 

I bet they are not members of SAG.  Or they have a special arrangement. 

Because, IIRC SAG members get paid if they are used or not.  If they are asked/required to be on set.