http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/03apr2017-photos---new-bag-check-areas-greatly-enhance-magic-kingdom-arrival-experience.htm

more info since it went live today including the fact we will be checked on the dock as we come off the boat at MK. 

10 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/03apr2017-photos---new-bag-check-areas-greatly-enhance-magic-kingdom-arrival-experience.htm

more info since it went live today including the fact we will be checked on the dock as we come off the boat at MK. 

Thanks for the link.

Like a lot of bloggers, these folks forgot about the Fort:

A similar process is in place for guests arriving from Wilderness Lodge, and Contemporary.

Magic Kingdom Resort Launch Bag Check

There isn't a boat from the Contemporary to the MK.  They meant to say Fort Wilderness.

TCD

I guess the bag search at the dock won't be too bad.  The only issue I see is that guests will be arriving in big groups on the boats.  The rest of the time, those bag searchers won't have anything to do.  So, they'll probably search extra thoroughly.  This will make getting off the boat first a priority.  Which is bad for me, since I prefer to sit in the back.

TCD

6 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Sorry if I missed this, but how will this work for monorail resort guests? Bag check / TSA pat down at each resort prior to getting on?

I think that's the plan.

Which kind of stinks if you're resort hopping via the monorail.

Also, if you're a guest at a monorail resort, and you're heading to Epcot via the monorail.  I think you'll have to go through two bag checks.

TCD

4 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Sorry if I missed this, but how will this work for monorail resort guests? Bag check / TSA pat down at each resort prior to getting on?

Security checks at the resort monorail stations.  Problem with that, is if you want to resort hop every time you get on will be a bag check.

Security checks at the resort monorail stations.  Problem with that, is if you want to resort hop every time you get on will be a bag check.

We did it, and it was so quick, it was really a nonissue. Maybe took 2 extra minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Some how I had it in my head that you didn't have to go through security twice if you boarded a resort monorail going to Epcot.  But after our May 13th stay I can tell you that is not the case.  We took the monorail from GF to TTC and TTC to Epcot lots of times.  Every time we did we were checked at the GF and at Epcot.  It wasn't a big deal but it is a situation where you get checked twice.  It seemed to me that all monorails coming to Epcot had to come through security which would mean you've been through security twice.

WBI

2 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Some how I had it in my head that you didn't have to go through security twice if you boarded a resort monorail going to Epcot.  But after our May 13th stay I can tell you that is not the case.  We took the monorail from GF to TTC and TTC to Epcot lots of times.  Every time we did we were checked at the GF and at Epcot.  It wasn't a big deal but it is a situation where you get checked twice.  It seemed to me that all monorails coming to Epcot had to come through security which would mean you've been through security twice.

WBI

I think the issue is where you depart the monorail at EPCOT.  You just get dumped where the rest of the people are coming in from the parking lot and buses.

If they cordoned off the monorail ramp and had it going directly to the ticket booths, you could bypass security.

We came in the International Gate, got checked by security, took the monorail to the TTC, then transferred to the MK one, and never got checked again.  It was great.