Post Your Pictures From the Fort Here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Discamper said:

DSC_0522_zpso1gmow4e.jpg

That Picture and this Pic was taken 3 week ago. You can see there is a ton of Bikes on the beach past the sign.

Ok that's just weird then.  However, at the time of night when everyone is hopping on a bike or cart to get out of the Settlement, it can be super dangerous, so maybe they're planning to move the bike racks out.  Hey they've got plenty of space in that snazzy new GC parking area they cleared.  ;)

Oh man... I didn't even think about the bikes at the beach... we part ours there.  The trash cans... I also am a bit confused here.  Have their been several bear sightings??  Each time I've seen a discussion here on the bears, it always seems to be more of a joke.  I've never known anyone who has actually seen a bear at The Fort...but, obviously, it must have happened?  

Yuck.  Feeling exhausted about the idea of our next trip "home"... in all our trips, we've never seen a bear and only one gator (that was far out in the water), but I now I'm feeling anxious.  Blah...

Oh man... I didn't even think about the bikes at the beach... we part ours there.  The trash cans... I also am a bit confused here.  Have their been several bear sightings??  Each time I've seen a discussion here on the bears, it always seems to be more of a joke.  I've never known anyone who has actually seen a bear at The Fort...but, obviously, it must have happened?  

Yuck.  Feeling exhausted about the idea of our next trip "home"... in all our trips, we've never seen a bear and only one gator (that was far out in the water), but I now I'm feeling anxious.  Blah...

I can't remember if it was in 2015 or 2014, but there was a bear around. They handed out a paper at check in warning about a bear in the area and not to leave food out in the open. I don't recall what else it said other then they were trying to catch and relocate the bear. I don't recall hearing about the bear really bothering anyone, maybe a few garbage cans or something.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I can't remember if it was in 2015 or 2014, but there was a bear around. They handed out a paper at check in warning about a bear in the area and not to leave food out in the open. I don't recall what else it said other then they were trying to catch and relocate the bear. I don't recall hearing about the bear really bothering anyone, maybe a few garbage cans or something.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah... I remember the flyers (they were also posted at CS).  I guess it's good that they are trying to keep them away with the trash cans however... if guests leave food out (which we've all seen on picnic tables), the cans are probably not a huge help.   Oh well... we're typically out and about along with the thousands of other people and I'll just make sure to walk the dog at the entrance of the dog walk only ;)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2016 at 5:01 PM, DramaMama .......... Janet said:

I think the trash cans are partly for raccoons, too.  Just think about that instead of bears.  ;-)

The biggest draw back I found about the new trash cans is having to open them after they bake in the sun...