USN Blue Angels Flyover MK 4/6/17

Disney officially confirmed the flyover on the Disney Parks Blog, which includes a cool photo from the 2015 flyover:

U.S. Navy Blue Angels to Fly Over Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort

U.S. Navy Blue Angels to Fly Over Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort

Thomas Smith

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

All eyes at Magic Kingdom Park will be focused on the sky this Thursday morning as the U.S. Navy Blue Angels fly over Main Street U.S.A. The Blue Angels are expected to make two passes above Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort on April 6 between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m.

In 2015, the Blue Angels performed similar flyovers to the cheers of thousands of guests at the theme park. Then, Six F/A-18 Hornet jets roared down Main Street U.S.A. at more than 250 miles an hour on a first pass before executing what is called a Delta Break over Cinderella Castle (pictured above).

Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog this week for coverage of the Blue Angel flyover at Magic Kingdom Park.

TCD

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Really?  I didn't know that.

My brother graduated in 1986. Then went to flight school in P'cola.  I've seen the Blue Angels a few times there as well.

TCD

Small world.   My brother did his plebe summer in 1985  

I bet your brother hazed my brother when he was a plebe. (Freshman). Lol. 

39 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Small world.   My brother did his plebe summer in 1985  

I bet your brother hazed my brother when he was a plebe. (Freshman). Lol. 

Wow.  You're probably right.  Sorry about that.

After traveling the world, my brother just retired from the Navy a few months ago.  How long did your brother serve?

TCD

9 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow.  You're probably right.  Sorry about that.

After traveling the world, my brother just retired from the Navy a few months ago.  How long did your brother serve?

TCD

Don't apologize  I hope your brother  made his life hell his plebe year.. For all the years of him torturing me when we were kids. LOL

He served 20-21 years.  He retired, from the marines five or six years ago if I remember correctly. 

37 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Don't apologize  I hope your brother  made his life hell his plebe year.. For all the years of him torturing me when we were kids. LOL

He served 20-21 years.  He retired, from the marines five or six years ago if I remember correctly. 

So he smartened up and got into a real branch of the armed forces!

Hey, I'm allowed to make a crack, my daughter was/is a Marine.

32 minutes ago, Travisma said:

So he smartened up and got into a real branch of the armed forces!

Hey, I'm allowed to make a crack, my daughter was/is a Marine.

Smartened up?  

Your joking right?  

They don't even have their own academy. Or their own doctors.  They have to borrow the navy's stuff.  Lol 

thank you 

Ray- USN

1 minute ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Smartened up?  

Your joking right?  

They don't even have their own academy. Or their own doctors.  They have to borrow the navy's stuff.  Lol 

thank you 

Ray- USN

That's cause they're so tuff they sew themselves up!:rolleyes:

Hey they are smart, if they can borrow equipment why buy their own.

The WDWMAGIC site published some excellent photos of this morning's flyover (photo credit to WDWMAGIC) :

The United States Navy's flight demonstration squadron -The Blue Angels, made a spectacular flyover of the Magic Kingdom earlier this morning.

The 6 McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornets made two passes, first in a formation flight, and the second a Delta break over Cinderella Castle.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/06apr2017-photos---blue-angels-flyover-the-magic-kingdom.htm

TCD

That's very cool.  

Along with all the USNA talk....my brother entered the Naval Academy in the summer of 1979.  A couple of months in, while sleeping in the dorm one night, he was awakened by pain on his leg.  A bat had flown in the room and bit him on the leg!  He contracted rabies, and spent many many weeks in the hospital at the academy going through many rounds of shots.  He missed so much time that he was forced to drop out of the Academy.  But, life goes as it is supposed to....the experience inspired him to become a doctor.  He went through college and medical school on an ROTC scholarship, and just retired from the US Army last year as a full bird Colonel.  

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

Very cool video!  Thanks for sharing.

40 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

That's very cool.  

Along with all the USNA talk....my brother entered the Naval Academy in the summer of 1979.  A couple of months in, while sleeping in the dorm one night, he was awakened by pain on his leg.  A bat had flown in the room and bit him on the leg!  He contracted rabies, and spent many many weeks in the hospital at the academy going through many rounds of shots.  He missed so much time that he was forced to drop out of the Academy.  But, life goes as it is supposed to....the experience inspired him to become a doctor.  He went through college and medical school on an ROTC scholarship, and just retired from the US Army last year as a full bird Colonel.  

I remember this story about your brother.  So strange.  Back when my brother was at Annapolis, I remember that I was able to visit him at the dorm.  It was an old building, but it's so weird that your brother got bitten by a bat in his room.  Life sure is an adventure.

TCD

40 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

That's very cool.  

Wow!  What a story.   

Thank hom for his service.