Hello!! So excited to have found this site!

We spent last night picking dates for our 2018 trip. We plan to be there from 11/30-12/7. Any red flags that jump out about camping in FW during that time? We realize that we are chancing the weather in the north east but we like to live on the edge! Ha!

We will be traveling with one other family- both of us with TT (30ft), no pets, 5 kids (8 and under)

We want to be close to the pool and play areas. 

What suggestions do you all have and how difficult is it to get sites together?

When shoud we book a site and do you recommend a TA for FW trips? I am a well versed Disney fan but FW is foreign to me. 

Thanks so much!!

The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a most excellent time to go.  Not only because the weather is good but because the crowds are down.  Biggest obstacle will be your weather in the Northeast, both leaving and returning.   If we have another mild winter, you are golden.

We used to visit the Fort during the 2 weeks after thanksgiving and it's my favorite time to be there. Perfect camping weather, lower crowds, and all the Christmas decorations are out both at the parks and also the Fort. The pool may be chilly but I'm guessing that won't bother you.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

As FWG said, perfect week to go. If you used a travel agent for your reservations have them link the two together. If you made the reservation yourselves, call back and have them linked and also have note added that you want to be together. 

Also five days before you arrive fax a request in also with both reservation numbers attached

Fax #: 407-824-3508

Here is the standard form many use to fax a request to the Fort...

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I'm really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at <script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

Sincerely,

Your name here

Yes, use a travel agent! [email protected] is a sponsor here, and he is awesome!! He's the MAN!!

He can make the reservations, search for discounts, if any, book your dining, send in your request fax, and many other services, all at no additional cost to you :)

Being at the Fort when the campers have decorated for Christmas is beautiful. Love that time of year. 

The rest of my response is more from the booking side. If you want to book a package with tickets and or dining they don't release those until end of June late July based on the last couple of years. Even then the 499 days to check out rule still applies. 

So whether you want to boo a package or just a campsite end of July or early August, just woke up so don't have exact math handy, will be 499 days to the day you want to check out and the. You can book. 

As for using a travel agent I am biased of course but I will say the price isn't different whether you book with me vs on your own. But if you book with me you get assistance booking Fastpasses and dining reservations and much more knowledge that I have in my head already vs having to dig it out of the internet on your own. 

Jason