• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disclaimer, none of the photos used in this post were taken by me. Ahh, the famous or more correctly, infamous utilidors or tunnels. The concept although unique and good for having tours is in some wa

These are pools and other landmarks that may not be apparent at eye level. Computer keyboard & monitor at Pop Century Guitar at All Star Music Baseball diamond at All Star Sports Piano at All Star

This is my favorite building, I've spent many hours here over the years. It's partially visible from DTD and I-4.

Photos, top to bottom, left to right:

Main entrance side

The design is pure Disney. If you visit, walk around and notice all of the little details. The building reminds me of Snow White for some reason.

The sign

It pretty much says it all. Pay close attention to the door knobs if you go  there.

The Rotunda

This is what you walk into, it's just great.

The hallway

After entering the rotunda, you make a sharp left to the long, inclined hallway that funnels you to the service desk. As you walk up, there are hand painted murals on both sides. Notice the archway bridge. It's almost like you're in a mini-cathedral. For the avid Disney fans, soak it all in.

After you are helped by a CM, which are always very polite, you'll fill out the paperwork in the very comfortable waiting area. At some point you'll watch a short video, and then you'll speak to one of the hiring CMs about what's available and what you're looking for.

I've never felt like I was just a number there and I've always gotten a position that I've wanted. It's usually quiet and well organized. It doesn't feel like other hiring areas where you're made to feel like you're in a cattle call. 

If things do work out, you'll probably have to come back for processing. Even that phase can be Disney-fied.

I recall while being processed, we were taken to our location, the Grand Floridian, and while listening to a spiel, who walks in, Mary Poppins with a platter of cookies for the handful of newbies.

You walk away saying, wow, that was unlike any job orientation I've ever gone through.

So if it's ever occurred to you to work at WDW, go to Central Casting and enjoy the process.

CC2.jpg

lc1.jpg

Has anyone ever noticed the blue and silver American buses driving around WDW? Some of you may know that those are CM shuttle buses, but they're mainly used for college program CMs. The CP kids affectionately call those buses "the loser cruisers", but in my opinion the kids riding them are anything but losers. The ones I've worked with, worked very hard under challenging circumstances.

The buses shuttle them from the nearby dorms at the Commons Housing complex on SR 535 to their work location at WDW as well as to local areas of interest, the post office, grocery store, bank and shopping mall.

If you have a child in college or know of one and think they may be interested, follow the link.

https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/index.html

The CP kids affectionately call those buses "the loser cruisers", but in my opinion the kids riding them are anything but losers. The ones I've worked with, worked very hard under challenging circumstances.

I agree!  A very sweet girl that I know (I worked with her for a few summers at a photography studio) is now down there on the college program.  She is playing Belle!  She is a real sweetheart and has looked like a princess for as long as I've known her.  When she found out that she was going to be a character, the first words out of my mouth were "I bet you're going to be Belle!"  I was right.  I'm sure all of the little girls (and the boys) are all falling in love with her.  I can't wait to see her on our next trip!

Ever wonder what the weird looking top portion on the Cirque Du Soleil building was all about?

The lower photo shows the inspiration for the design. It's actually one of their traveling show circus tents. See the similarities.

I thought it was a strange looking building until I found out what it was supposed to be.

cds.jpg

Ever wonder what the weird looking top portion on the Cirque Du Soleil building was all about?

The lower photo shows the inspiration for the design. It's actually one of their traveling show circus tents. See the similarities.

I thought it was a strange looking building until I found out what it was supposed to be.

cds.jpg

Does anyone have any pre-2004 pictures of this building?:banana:  The canopies on the lower part are not original, they were heavily damaged in the 2004 hurricanes and were only recently replaced (within the last 2 years) and I could have sworn there were some canopies on the upper part also???!!!

cds.jpg

Does anyone have any pre-2004 pictures of this building?:))  The canopies on the lower part are not original, they were heavily damaged in the 2004 hurricanes and were only recently replaced (within the last 2 years) and I could have sworn there were some canopies on the upper part also???!!!

143511163_d219bd8967.jpg is post hurricanes

But - you need to know the back way to get there.

Not really. You can get there the regular way.

But only if you lie when you go through the toll plaza and tell the attendant you have ressies at CR, PR, GF, WL, or FtW.  I refer to Vista Blvd as the "back way".  The general traffic is shuffled through the toll plaza for the MK.

But only if you lie when you go through the toll plaza and tell the attendant you have ressies at CR, PR, GF, WL, or FtW.

No need to lie. Just say one of the resort names. They'll wave you right through. They'll assume that you need to get there for some reason. They don't care. So next time just drive up, roll the window down and just say Fort Wilderness.

But only if you lie when you go through the toll plaza and tell the attendant you have ressies at CR, PR, GF, WL, or FtW.

No need to lie. Just say one of the resort names. They'll wave you right through. They'll assume that you need to get there for some reason. They don't care. So next time just drive up, roll the window down and just say Fort Wilderness.

Which wouldn't be a lie - you ARE going to Fort Wilderness ... eventually :rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...

Spaceship_Earth.jpg

This is not a giant golf ball, that's the description I hear most often when I pull into Epcot, it's of course Spaceship Earth.

You'll find this hard to believe, I do, but like everything I post, it's official and right from the mouse's mouth.

More people ride Spaceship Earth every year than any other attraction in Walt Disney World. In fact, it is the most popular theme park attraction in the entire world, with more riders every year than any other ride in any other park, anywhere.