A TCD Easter at The Fort Trip Report

Awesome. Another TCD TR. So many things, and the pics are fun as always.

1) which star wars has the character with black leather mini skirt? Just curious

2) I don't think the guy in the Popeye shirt actually knew you were taking a picture. Otherwise it would a direct violation of the universal guy code requirement to suck in your gut during all pictures.

3) long live Captain EO.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of comments. First, regarding the quote above....cherish the times you still have where you'll all be under the same roof.  Once they start marrying, those days are done.  Same with vacati

Sadly, this photo says it all. Fort Wilderness just isn't a campground anymore. It's a poorly designed parking lot with an annoying smattering of trees. It's just a sad reflection of modern suburban A

What's this? A new trip report! Remember those? I liked it back in the day when Fiends would post trip reports. Now people go, and they come back, and nothing. But, that's not

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, Memphis said:

I/m FiNdn Ot woh LittLe of a Sta Wors faN i aM.  HowEveR, The drunking gam was W O N D ER F U L .    When the fist movie came out I (like everyone else) Thought it was the greatest thing on earth.  It was so far ahead of it's time.  I have liked all the movies in the series but they were just OK.  No way will  ever wear fur in Florida to a park.  But hay they were fun to look at.  Thanks for the show. 

Good job, Harold.

When I first started reading your post, I thought something had gone haywire with your keyboard.  But, I see what you did there.  Very funny.

I'm like you- I liked the first movie, and the first two sequels were good.  But, I never liked the prequels, and I didn't bother introducing my kids to the franchise until they were teens, and we saw our first Hyperspace Hoopla performance at one of the old Star Wars Weekends performances at DHS.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, jmaul said:

I Am What I Am....

LOL.

True.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, jmaul said:

Hey Sweetie. Avatar Land is down the road a way.  

#wrongpark

You're on a roll!

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

The blue girl is probably going for an Aayla Secura look. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura

Ah ha.  I think that's a good guess.  Unless there are any other blue women in the Star Wars cinematic universe.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Still reading along, but I can't comment because I'm clueless about all this Star Wars stuff.

No worries, we will be moving on from the Star Wars stuff in the next update!  Thanks for reading, even if you're not in to Star Wars.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Since I had to work this afternoon I couldn't take any shots when I was reading earlier. Some people frown upon that when you are taking care of their children. Go figure.

I know I will just re-read throughout the weekend and take the shots then.

Good job!

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, jjbescher said:

I knew this trip report was coming. I was behind the TCD girls when they were getting to device for the TVs, then I went to galatic nights and saw TCD with his camera. I was in a rush to get to Toy Story Mania.

The Rock N Roller Coaster was cool. They changed the lightning and the music.

Then, as I was bringing my Kenny cart back on Saturday, I saw TCD and girls driving their cart. I was the one in the uhaul truck, since I had to borrow their truck.

Hey- that's cool.  I'm glad that you didn't say anything to the girls- it creeps them out.

I remember seeing that U-Haul truck and trailer in the campground once when I was out looping- I wonder if that was you?

So you left on Saturday?  How long was your visit this time?

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Jimmy Fallon tight pants guy and his crew are from the cartoon star wars rebals.

Got it- I knew the girl was one of the characters from an animated series.  It figures that the dude in the tight pants was too.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Quick theory on the Popeye shirt and other non_Disney looks:  My eldest son told me he didn't want to wear Disney shirts to the parks.  His reasoning was that everyone would know he liked Disney, since he was there.  By wearing a shirt showing something else, people would know even more about him. 

Interesting.  So the guy in the Popeye shirt wanted us all to know that he is in to Popeye?

OK.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

Correct, the TPG is Kanan, who is one of the last surviving Jedi and a leader of the Rebels, and the other is Sabine, she is another one of the Rebels.

My boy LOVES Star Wars Rebels which is on the Disney XD channel. It's actually quite good and we both look forward to new episodes. B)

There are several references to the Rebels from this show in Rogue One and their ship and their Droid both are seen briefly in the movie.

The last surviving Jedi?  I wonder if he will be mentioned in the Last Jedi movie?

11 hours ago, caveat lector said:

Awesome. Another TCD TR. So many things, and the pics are fun as always.

1) which star wars has the character with black leather mini skirt? Just curious

2) I don't think the guy in the Popeye shirt actually knew you were taking a picture. Otherwise it would a direct violation of the universal guy code requirement to suck in your gut during all pictures.

3) long live Captain EO.

Great post, as usual, Fred.

Thanks for reading and posting!

17 minutes ago, YJeepgirl32 said:

A tad late but i'm in and loving this report. Will show my geek, I mean husband and see if he can clear up some of the Star War characters. I will also look at his toy collection and see if that helps. Love the report. 

Thanks for reading along.  Let me know if your Husband recognizes anyone.

TCD

Hey- that's cool.  I'm glad that you didn't say anything to the girls- it creeps them out.

I remember seeing that U-Haul truck and trailer in the campground once when I was out looping- I wonder if that was you?

I think it was, it would have been Saturday around 8:50AM.  It was at the 4 way stop sign, you were coming from the 2000 loop area, turning towards Meadow Trading post.  I was turning to leave.

So you left on Saturday?  How long was your visit this time?

I was there for a week.  The 8th through the 15th.

I will be at Disney, staying at SSR for one night on May 1st, then moving to the Swan on May 2nd through the 6th for a conference.  Then I come back and stay at SSR for the opening of Pandora.

15 minutes ago, jjbescher said:

I think it was, it would have been Saturday around 8:50AM.  It was at the 4 way stop sign, you were coming from the 2000 loop area, turning towards Meadow Trading post.  I was turning to leave.

According to my photos, we were out looping around that time on Saturday morning.  I guess we just missed you.

We will be around for the opening of Pandora too.  I'm working on firming up our plans for that.

TCD

It's time for an update.

We left off on Friday night, April 14th.  We are still at Hollywood Studios, but not for long.

The park would be closing to regular guests at 7 pm, and we planned to leave before they started to sweep the park and throw guests out.

But, we were allowed to be there up until 7, so we headed back toward the Toy Story ride.  One of our time-tested park hacks is to hop in line for a busy ride at park closing.  It's amazing how fast things move when the CM's are ready to go home.

Even though it was 7 yet, they were already letting the Galactic Nights guests meet a big K2SO that they had set up by the Toy Story bathrooms:

4%2014%2017%20111_zpswtuln7x1.jpg

We headed in to Toy Story at about 6:45.  The wait time posted outside was 40 minutes, but the standby queue was practically empty, and it was only about a 15-20 minute wait.  But, it was past 7 when we came out of the ride.  There were no CM's around to shoo out non-party guests, but we knew they would be along soon, so we headed toward the park exit.  There were still a lot of folks in the park without party lanyards,  and we saw a big crowd in the Animation Courtyard where some droids were rolling around. 

We headed on out, and I snapped these last two photos as we exited the park:

4%2014%2017%20114_zpsx8wlgamv.jpg

4%2014%2017%20115_zpsk861qgbi.jpg

It was kind of crowded, but not bad. I'm not sure what time the motorcade parade was going to come down the street, but it looked like all the curbside seats were taken.  But, Star Wars Weekend crowds were worse that what we saw here.

The last time we were at DHS, I noticed that they had moved the Fort Wilderness bus stop even further out.  And, it was outside the bus loop again today.  That's a not-so-subtle message for us filthy campers.  Oh well, we are used to it:

4%2014%2017%20116_zps0l33fupx.jpg

The one good thing about the new bus situation is that we no longer share with the Lodge, so the trip to the Fort is a straight shot.

Back at the Fort, we had our traditional first night meal- an all white meat GAG.  It's been a while now since they kept the price of that the same while quietly reducing the number of pieces of chicken they give you from 10 to 8.  Tonight was our first experience with paying the all white meat upcharge and getting only 4 breasts and 4 wings.  It is still a good deal by Disney standards, but I couldn't help but fell disappointed by this.  In my opinion, the upcharge isn't worth paying, as I think the amount of chicken you get with the upcharge is less than a regular GAG.  Oh well, all good things must come to an end, and the GAG has been a good deal for a long time. Much longer than I ever expected.

The plan for the rest of the evening was to head over to the MK and close that down.  But, after we ate, I mixed us up some Kungalooshes, and we enjoyed those and our hammocks.  It got later and later, an we finally decided that we didn't want to go fight the crowds at the MK.  We were planning to go back there in the morning, so it just didn't seem like we needed to go that night.

One good development is that I got an email just before midnight telling me that our last FP+ for the evening was not available, which gave us a replacement FP+ for almost any attraction which would be good all day Saturday.  That was huge, considering how busy it was.  I had made us some FP+ reservations for Saturday, but since this trip was kind of last minute, there were no Mine Train FP+'s available. I was surprised to see that Mine Train was not excluded as a replacement for Space Mountain:

fp%204%2014_zpssrtij6jq.png

If I was reading that right- we could use this replacement at any time for any FP+ attraction at the MK on Saturday.  Cool.

We had a real nice evening at our campsite.

Eventually, the girls broke out their new Star Wars pj's for our final loop of the night:

pjs_zpsuybe4pqf.jpg

That was in for Friday night.

I was up and at the Comfort Station for rope drop in the morning.  It was pretty quiet around the 900 loop.  I got ready, and headed out for some solo early morning looping- my favorite thing to do at the Fort.

Here we are out back of the 300 loop, looking down the canal.  Everything out here is a lot more brown than it typically is this time of the year.  I thought the water level in the canals would be lower than it was:

4%2014%2017%20117_zpskx7uhetu.jpg

It was not quite 7:30, but there was a guy with a white truck parked on the dam, working on the pump:

4%2014%2017%20118_zpsxuyyiyja.jpg

If you look near the water level on the white dam walls, you can see that the water level in the canal was quite a bit down from normal. 

Here we are- the place I always visit on the my first morning of every Fort trip:

4%2014%2017%20119_zpsh1vhcuef.jpg

Here's one without the stupid alligator fence:

4%2014%2017%20120_zpsb5an5tpg.jpg

And, for good measure, one more with the fence:

4%2014%2017%20121_zpstt16hyqh.jpg

It was very dry and dusty back here too:

4%2014%2017%20122_zpsynfnq0pk.jpg

I headed down the path toward the Settlement:

4%2014%2017%20123_zpspoymresz.jpg

The water level in the canal that runs behind the 100 and 200 loops was very low:

4%2014%2017%20124_zpsyyp3gcsr.jpg

Nobody left the gate behind the Settlement Trading Post open for me.  How thoughtless.  You can't see it, but I could see through the crack that the old rotten wagon was still back there rotting away:

4%2014%2017%20125_zpsjultqdkd.jpg

If you really want to see the rotting wagon, check back, because I did get a photo of it another morning later in the weekend.

I still very much dislike the stupid golf cart parking area they made at Pioneer Hall. And it still looks horrible:

4%2014%2017%20126_zpsemnrqf9s.jpg

I got myself some coffee, and spent some time on Crockett's Porch.  I think I posted a photo of this in a prior trip report, but the split rail fence that used to go around the old River Country wagon that used to be on display here has been taken down.  I think that means we can forget about the wagon ever coming back here:

4%2014%2017%20127_zpswe5cwjso.jpg

All of the rocking chairs on the porch were available for me to choose from this morning:

4%2014%2017%20128_zpshy9lmjmx.jpg

I was glad to see that one more picnic table has finally made its way back on to the porch.  They're only down one now:

4%2014%2017%20129_zpsexcr4kmw.jpg

On my way back to the campsite, I picked up some breakfast sandwiches and an order of waffles to bring back.  That got the twins out of bed earlier than usual.  Here's Twin #1 modeling her Chewbacca Jammies:

4%2014%2017%20131_zpssa9usypc.jpg

My oldest DD was due to arrive some time around 10-ish, so we did some morning looping while we waited for her.

Here's a tent that attaches to the side of a small SUV- it was on the 1000 loop:

4%2014%2017%20135_zpsjtwq1sah.jpg

We weren't sure what the deal was with the bucket up in the trees on this site, but I think it's a light and not a prank waiting to happen:

4%2014%2017%20136_zpsde8zoj0s.jpg

On the 2100 loop, we spotted a tent that was far away from any campsite.  I guess it goes with one of the sites you see there on the left, but it's sure back away from the site:

4%2014%2017%20137_zpsxmjucrjs.jpg

As I have said before, it that's OK, I really want to try showing up at the Fort sometime with no reservation, and just pitching a tent somewhere random in a loop.  I wonder how many nights I could stay for free?

Something strange was going on in the group camping area this weekend.  There were tents set up, but no people around.  There were no cars parked in any of the parking areas around there, and, aside from a few towels hanging outside, no signs that any people were staying in these tents:

4%2014%2017%20138_zpsfnapvome.jpg

I have some follow up on the group camping topic, but this group definitely was not doing things the way they are typically done in the group camping area.

Here's something we saw on the 700 loop- a golf cart trailer for extra passengers.  I assume they were using this around the Fort:

4%2014%2017%20140_zpsnff1n1ja.jpg

I'm surprised that's allowed. It just doesn't seem safe.

On the 200 loop, we found something that definitely isn't allowed- two pop-up campers sharing one site:

4%2014%2017%20141_zpsl4fztvhe.jpg

This is clearly prohibited by the most recent set of Fort rules- but here they are.  It's not like they were hiding it.

So, if they can do that, why can't I?

How come these folks don't have to follow the rules?

It was time for us to head over to the MK now.

Before doing that, I stopped and got some ice to reload the coolers.  I had more food along for this trip than normal, as we were going to have a big feast on Easter morning.  That was to be followed by some grilling for Easter dinner, but we had to change those plans because of the fire ban.

In case you don't know, the Passholder discount applies to ice purchases from the Trading Posts, which makes that a much better choice than the ice machines on the loops:

4%2014%2017%20142_zpsoej83ufr.jpg

After I refreshed the ice in the coolers, we headed down to the marina for our visit to the MK.

TCD

On April 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

Did you ever figure out what was up with the Men in Black? If not, do you remember one of them holding up a silver pen in front of you?  :lol:

The guy in the Popeye shirt kind of looks like Bruce McGill  (D-Day from Animal House) with a flat top haircut.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569226/

He looks like on of the goofy detectives from Brooklyn 99

20 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Does Michelle know that Barack has been spending time at HS with some blonde?  

LOL.  I didn't even take a good look at that family.  I do see the resemblance.

20 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I'm here super late, but I'm here! Love the Star Wars pics. I didn't know Jedi princesses were a thing.

Jason is not going to like this news about the all white GAG.

Love the Star Wars PJs!

I never heard of Jedi princesses either. But, they were all over the place!

I am hoping that what we got in our GAG bucket was a mistake. The next time I go, I'm specifically going to ask for all breasts.

18 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Glad to see more rockers back on the porch!

Me too.  But, you never know how long they'll be there.

16 hours ago, Memphis said:

The changes to the all white GAG is a bummer.   I'm sure the bucket guy was just following Disney's lead with the bear proof trash cans and hung all their food in the tree to keep it safe from all the bears.  

LOL.  I didn't think about with the bucket guy.  I never did get back by there at night to see the light in use.

13 hours ago, Travisma said:

He looks like on of the goofy detectives from Brooklyn 99

I assume this is another TV show that I've never heard of.  Do the goofy detectives in that show wear Popeye shirts?

TCD

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL.  I didn't even take a good look at that family.  I do see the resemblance.

I never heard of Jedi princesses either. But, they were all over the place!

I am hoping that what we got in our GAG bucket was a mistake. The next time I go, I'm specifically going to ask for all breasts.

Me too.  But, you never know how long they'll be there.

LOL.  I didn't think about with the bucket guy.  I never did get back by there at night to see the light in use.

I assume this is another TV show that I've never heard of.  Do the goofy detectives in that show wear Popeye shirts?

TCD

bn_25-joel-pub_3226.rc-r_hires2.jpg?itok=wGdbfdXs

Detective Scully

he has worn Hawaiian type shirts while undercover, complete with sandals and socks!

What's this? A TCD report and I am late to the game. FAIL on me but I am all caught up and ready for more. Great people watching/photo snagging of the DHS event. Some of those pics were a little um....concerning. Fort looks good, I love 900 loop. Sad about the GAG though. We loved the value and the fact that it fed our crew of growing boys. I agree it's still a good deal and good eats. Looking forward to your Easter feast and other antics.

I usually don't get too wrapped around the axle on the incessant rule breakers at the Fort. However, the two pop-ups on one site is ridiculous.  If that's fair, I have some friends with similar travel trailers, that could split the cost of a site, and thus make Christmas visits somewhat affordable.

Nice catch TCD 

37 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

What's this? A TCD report and I am late to the game. FAIL on me but I am all caught up and ready for more. Great people watching/photo snagging of the DHS event. Some of those pics were a little um....concerning. Fort looks good, I love 900 loop. Sad about the GAG though. We loved the value and the fact that it fed our crew of growing boys. I agree it's still a good deal and good eats. Looking forward to your Easter feast and other antics.

Hello!  It's great to see a post from you.  I hope all is well with you and your family.

Don't get too excited about photos of the Easter feast.  There aren't many.  But, there will be plenty of antics.

32 minutes ago, caveat lector said:

I usually don't get too wrapped around the axle on the incessant rule breakers at the Fort. However, the two pop-ups on one site is ridiculous.  If that's fair, I have some friends with similar travel trailers, that could split the cost of a site, and thus make Christmas visits somewhat affordable.

Nice catch TCD 

I hate the overcrowded feeling that is caused by campsites being overloaded.  I also cannot stand inconsistencies in rule enforcement.  Those folks sharing a campsite are each paying half of what their neighbors are paying, and creating an eyesore at the same time.  There's finally a very specific written rule that says this is not allowed.  And for good reason.  Yet, there they are.

TCD

51 minutes ago, caveat lector said:

Nice catch TCD 

They just wanted to share a site so they could go to Typhon Lagone and get a full days excitement......    ;):lol:

I hate the overcrowded feeling that is caused by campsites being overloaded.  I also cannot stand inconsistencies in rule enforcement.  Those folks sharing a campsite are each paying half of what their neighbors are paying, and creating an eyesore at the same time.  There's finally a very specific written rule that says this is not allowed.  And for good reason.  Yet, there they are.

TCD

Not surprised considering I can tell where they are from. They're special people after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for an update.

It's Saturday morning, April 15th.  The oldest DD arrived, and it was time for us to head over to the MK.  This was the Saturday before Easter, and we knew it would be packed, but we had a simple objective- we wanted to watch the noon Festival of Fantasy parade performance.  Mainly to see the special Easter pre-parade.  Then, depending on how busy it was, we would stick around for some rides (that bonus FP+ we got the night before would come in handy for that), and then get some lunch and then get the heck out of there.  Twin #2 had to go to work at 4 pm, and she decided to sit out the MK in favor of a leisurely morning at the Fort.  So, Twin #2 gave us a ride on the cart to the marina.  In her BB8 pj's.

An MK boat arrived shortly thereafter, and we got seats in the back:

4%2014%2017%20143_zps2jpqm9yh.jpg

If you look down the dock in this photo, you may see the knucklehead CM who was out there pressure cleaning the rope fences on the dock while guests were on the dock.  We were getting misted while we waited for the boat, and I finally had to ask the guy to wait until the dock had cleared of guests. Dummy:

4%2014%2017%20144_zpsfyko6cmw.jpg

It was a beautiful morning.  It was a little cloudy, but that was a good thing.  I really don't like the ugly rocks and fence they installed on the beach:

4%2014%2017%20145_zps6lsqujc4.jpg

Here comes the Shoe Tree:

4%2014%2017%20146_zpscx1xxqfm.jpg

The mild winter has yielded another good crop:

4%2014%2017%20148_zps3sroiw12.jpg

I tried to ignore all of the new Wilderness Lodge cabins. I guess someone who didn't know what the lakeshore used to look like over there wouldn't find anything wrong with how it looks now, but I hate it:

4%2014%2017%20149_zpsaqw5nfps.jpg

There goes a resort boat:

4%2014%2017%20153_zpsqs1klavq.jpg

That is a fuel boat:

4%2014%2017%20159_zpstkzj2ury.jpg

There are cabins everywhere now:

4%2014%2017%20160_zpszmsoazch.jpg

4%2014%2017%20161_zpshbgoe5v4.jpg

I have never taken one of the fishing expeditions.  They look like fun.  It would be cool to fish on the water bridge:

4%2014%2017%20163_zpsx7httydz.jpg

We were making good time until we had to wait for two ferries to cross our path:

4%2014%2017%20164_zpsaa2avu9l.jpg

4%2014%2017%20165_zpso4jvpxay.jpg

Even though they are very worn looking when you look at them up close, the monorails are still cool to see:

4%2014%2017%20167_zpslfsslc8b.jpg

This was our first trip to the MK since they changed up the security checkpoints.  Now, guests arriving via a ferry or monorail from the TTC are searched there.  There's a big new bag search area for guests arriving from resorts via bus.  And, guests arriving from the GF, Polynesian, Lodge or the Fort are searched at the boat docks.  You can see the security guards and metal detector over there on the GF/Poly dock, and if you look over to the right, you can see the new shelter they have set up on the Fort/Lodge dock for us:

4%2014%2017%20168_zpsklnmswzx.jpg

4%2014%2017%20169_zpsj9rzoswn.jpg

4%2014%2017%20170_zpsfyz1imrk.jpg

Since our main purpose of coming over here to the MK was to see the Easter pre-parade, we scouted out a prime Main Street spot, and claimed it.  I headed in to the Main Street Bakery to get the girls some beverages to enjoy while we waited for the parade. Then we all settled in for some people watching.  It didn't take long until I saw something:

4%2014%2017%20171_zpspvpdin4z.jpg

Look at the shoes on that lady:

shoes.2_zpso3ll2rto.jpg

Could you imagine walking around a theme park in those?

Here comes something else- a young lady in a really fancy dress:

4%2014%2017%20172_zpsziaqvear.jpg

And then there was this:

4%2014%2017%20174_zpsmacwb7n2.jpg

I enjoyed all of that more than the parade, to be totally honest.

Speaking of which, here comes the pre-parade:

4%2014%2017%20176_zpsoutxjpbu.jpg

It started out with some ostriches and hippopotami:

4%2014%2017%20177_zpsbjr76e8i.jpg

The ostriches were quite hyped up.  They were jumping and dancing around like crazy:

4%2014%2017%20179_zpswjoigdwi.jpg

Then came Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny:

4%2014%2017%20181_zpszkvov5sp.jpg

4%2014%2017%20182_zpstyniaei3.jpg

Then some dancing flowers:

4%2014%2017%20183_zps5fybwo1c.jpg

4%2014%2017%20184_zpshrpxiu7j.jpg

Then a float featuring Disney rabbits.  Judy Hopps was included this year for the first time:

4%2014%2017%20185_zpsmke8khwm.jpg

I guess since Judy was added, they threw Nick in to, but he had no business being on that float:

4%2014%2017%20187_zpsfdefpdtv.jpg

Thumper and Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh were on the back of the float:

4%2014%2017%20188_zpsowkcq3up.jpg

Next came some dancing chickens:

4%2014%2017%20189_zpspez2mwil.jpg

I think this chicken's name is Clara Cluck:

4%2014%2017%20191_zpsqbcgti5y.jpg

Next, we were expecting to see the Azalea Trail Maids.  They've been here for Easter the past few years.  We missed last Easter, but we saw them back in 2015:

4%204%2015%20035_zps4e7khz5e.jpg

But, when we looked down Main Street, all we saw was kids picking up the hippopotamus confetti in the street:

4%2014%2017%20192_zpsn2asvuru.jpg

After a while, the Grand Marshalls for the parade came by, but not a single Azalea Trail Maid:

4%2014%2017%20194_zpsm4fcfnhf.jpg

I don't know what happened to the Azalea Trail Maids for this parade.  We saw photos posted later in the day from people who saw them, so they only marched in the 3:30 parade.  Darn.

The crowd control for this parade was lacking.  Usually, there are CM's everywhere pouncing on guests who sit in the street, like these ladies across from us, but they sat there a long time, right up to the start of FOF, before a CM finally came along and told them to move:

4%2014%2017%20195_zpsmrrpqwkf.jpg

Then the actual parade started, and it was good, like always:

4%2014%2017%20198_zpsjw1cwvls.jpg

I'll spare you all the FOF photos.

But, I'll share this one- Dale came right up to Twin #1 and kissed her on the hand.  Then made a hand gesture like a heart, and pounded his hand on his heart and pointed at her.  He kept on doing that as he headed down the street:

4%2014%2017%20213_zpsu5gpwqho.jpg

It was quite funny.  It must have been a friend of hers in that costume.

After the parade, we decided it would be a good time to ride the Mine Train.  Then grab some lunch.  Amazingly, the bonus FP+'s we got when we weren't even in the MK the night before showed up on MDE:

4%2015_zpscouunmeo.png

The standby line for Mine Train was an hour and a half!  We walked right on.

As you can see from that last photo, I had other FP's lined up, but it was getting warm, so we decided to get some lunch at Casey's.   We got corn dog nuggets and enjoyed them in the Hub Grass.  Then we headed on out to go back to the Fort.

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

Great pictures from The Fort, I never get tired of looking at those.
The people watching from the 2 parks (sorry catching up after a couple days away) looked to be quite entertaining as well. I'm going to have to figure out a way to pawn the children off on the wife for a couple hours on our next trip and people watch!

Im not sure that's going to be worse for that lady, the Chubb run with her shorts up her booty or the pain from her  gladiator  shoes...

We still haven't sat on that darn hub grass! That's on my list for the next time we go. 

We love the corn dog nuggets at Casey's, especially Adam which is odd because he's so darn picky. He actually asked a few weeks ago if there was somewhere local to get them since (after asking to go to Disney for them lol)

4 hours ago, Beckers said:

Im not sure that's going to be worse for that lady, the Chubb run with her shorts up her booty or the pain from her  gladiator  shoes...

We still haven't sat on that darn hub grass! That's on my list for the next time we go. 

We love the corn dog nuggets at Casey's, especially Adam which is odd because he's so darn picky. He actually asked a few weeks ago if there was somewhere local to get them since (after asking to go to Disney for them lol)

Oh my stars lol "Im not sure that's going to be worse for that lady, the Chubb run with her shorts up her booty or the pain from her  gladiator  shoes..."