A TCD Easter at The Fort Trip Report

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of comments. First, regarding the quote above....cherish the times you still have where you'll all be under the same roof.  Once they start marrying, those days are done.  Same with vacati

Sadly, this photo says it all. Fort Wilderness just isn't a campground anymore. It's a poorly designed parking lot with an annoying smattering of trees. It's just a sad reflection of modern suburban A

What's this? A new trip report! Remember those? I liked it back in the day when Fiends would post trip reports. Now people go, and they come back, and nothing. But, that's not

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Good point.  So far, it doesn't seem to have much to do with a princess or a bride.

TCD

Now now, we already had a quote from the preacher talking about Mawage so we were close to the bride part, and when she gets married she will be a princess.

The Impressive Clergyman: Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...

[cut to Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik]

The Impressive Clergyman: And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...

[cut to the trio again]

The Impressive Clergyman: So tweasure your wuv.

Prince Humperdinck: Skip to the end.

The Impressive Clergyman: Have you the wing?

[cut to the trio once more]

The Impressive Clergyman: ...and do you, Pwincess Buwwercup...

Prince Humperdinck: Man and wife. Say man and wife.

The Impressive Clergyman: Man an' wife.

Count Rugen: Your princess is quite a winning creature. A trifle simple, perhaps. Her appeal is undeniable.

Prince Humperdinck: I know, the people are quite taken with her. It's odd, but when I hired Vizzini to have her murdered on our engagement day, I thought that was clever. But it's going to be so much more moving when I strangle her on our wedding night. Once Guilder is blamed, the nation will truly be outraged - they'll demand we go to war.

Count Rugen: [snickers, then examines a huge tree] Now where is that secret knot? It's impossible to find...

[he finds it and the tree opens to reveal a hidden passage]

Count Rugen: Ah. Are you coming down into the pit? Wesley's got his strength back. I'm starting him on the machine tonight.

Prince Humperdinck: [sincerely] Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

Count Rugen: Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.

TCD, you and only you can stop the madness by vowing to watch The Princess Bride this weekend!

The Grandson: A book?

Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.

The Grandson: Has it got any sports in it?

Grandpa: Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

The Grandson: Doesn't sound too bad. I'll try to stay awake.

Grandpa: Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.

Grandpa: Nothing gave Buttercup as much pleasure as ordering Westley around.

Buttercup: Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning.

Westley: As you wish.

Grandpa: "As you wish" was all he ever said to her.

Buttercup: Farm boy, fill these with water - please.

Grandpa: That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish", what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back.

Buttercup: Farm boy... fetch me that pitcher.

The Grandson: Hold it, hold it. What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports?

The Grandson: Is this a kissing book?

Grandpa: Wait, just wait.

The Grandson: Well, when does it get good?

Grandpa: Keep your shirt on, and let me read

• 2 weeks later...

This happened last week here in FL.

Another reason tourists need to stay away!

SARASOTA, Fla. — A driver escaped serious injury when her SUV hit a 9-foot alligator crossing Interstate 75 in Florida.

The Florida Highway Patrol said in a news release that 34-year-old lawyer Jennifer Rosinski of Cooper City lost control after hitting the alligator, and the car flipped over multiple times. She somehow escaped with bruises and a cut under her right eye. The alligator wasn’t so lucky.

Lt. Gregory S. Bueno told the Palm Beach Post that crashes involving alligators are rare along that stretch of I-75 in southwest Florida.

Rosinsky couldn’t believe it. She told the paper she first thought a fox had run in front her vehicle. She said: “I’ve never been in a significant accident before, and the first one I’m in is car vs. alligator!”

Troopers said witness's reported her car rolled/flipped at least 6 times.

And we're off the rails again!

1 hour ago, mmfancipher said:

My oldest son just hit a ROUS this morning on the Interstate!  The Interstate! For crying out loud!

I was stumped for a moment about what ROUS meant.  I thought it was a typo.

Then I remembered. Rodent Of Unusual Size.

That's awful that he hit one on the intestate.  Very scary.  I hope he is alright. I'm sure his car isn't.

TCD

27 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I was stumped for a moment about what ROUS meant.  I thought it was a typo.

Then I remembered. Rodent Of Unusual Size.

That's awful that he hit one on the intestate.  Very scary.  I hope he is alright. I'm sure his car isn't.

TCD

Thank you!  I was trying to wrack my brain to what a ROUS was and had no idea.

22 minutes ago, mmfancipher said:

Thanks, he's fine thank goodness.  The car has some brand new dents, but is still driveable.

I am glad your son is alright!