On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, Specularius said:

Here it is, Tuesday night at the Fort, raining, just as I predicted!

Wow.  It has rained more since Tuesday than it has since January.

We didn't have a drop of rain over Memorial Day Weekend.  I left the Fort on Tuesday, and got home and got the camper put away nice and dry.

You definitely brought that rain with you.

TCD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really think all of you are missing the new latest Disney upcharge coming, they will supply this grill at your site for a charge to justify upping the site cost another $50. Think I am crazy KOA and

Maybe they drug them down to the Settlement store and shoved them behind it with the rotting away covered wagon.

They will be used for the new dining option at Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Called "Make Your Own Magic", guests, for an additional charge of only $37 per person, can actually discover the magic of cooking

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow.  It has rained more since Tuesday than it has since January.

We didn't have a drop of rain over Memorial Day Weekend.  I left the Fort on Tuesday, and got home and got the camper put away nice and dry.

You definitely brought that rain with you.

TCD

Weatherman in Tampa keeps saying it's going to rain.  As of this morning we haven't had a drop.  Plants would all be dead of I had listened to him and not watered

The fire ban was officially lifted at the Fort yesterday, the 7th. The day we checked back in before heading home. There is now standing water at the Fort. The next time there is a fire ban, and you would like it lifted, just pay for me a site and I will be happy to come end it!

9 hours ago, Specularius said:

The fire ban was officially lifted at the Fort yesterday, the 7th. The day we checked back in before heading home. There is now standing water at the Fort. The next time there is a fire ban, and you would like it lifted, just pay for me a site and I will be happy to come end it!

I laughed out loud at the sign posted at the comfort station this past week about the "dry" conditions.  We couldn't have used our grill anyway.  It was standing in 3 inches of rainwater.  

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, Specularius said:

Thank you for your service, Jody.

You brought a lot of rain!

But, you forgot to take it home with you!

TCD

41 minutes ago, Memphis said:

So are the propane grills still out in the loops to use?

Good question.

I would guess not.

And, I don't think they will need them again for a while.

So, I wonder what will happen to them?

I'd love to buy one at a deep discount.

I'm sure they're greasy, but they're practically new.

I'm going to instruct Twin #2 to be on the lookout at the Castmember store.

TCD

17 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Good question.

I would guess not.

And, I don't think they will need them again for a while.

So, I wonder what will happen to them?

I'd love to buy one at a deep discount.

I'm sure they're greasy, but they're practically new.

I'm going to instruct Twin #2 to be on the lookout at the Castmember store.

TCD

Be sure she checks out the two fenced areas outside the store. The larger one is usually for bids, but not always and the smaller area next to the building sometimes has stuff like grills there. If they are still greasy they may not bring them inside. 

1 minute ago, djsamuel said:

Be sure she checks out the two fenced areas outside the store. The larger one is usually for bids, but not always and the smaller area next to the building sometimes has stuff like grills there. If they are still greasy they may not bring them inside. 

Maybe they drug them down to the Settlement store and shoved them behind it with the rotting away covered wagon.

8 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Thanks for the tip.  I've seen that stuff in the fenced in area, but I thought it was stuff that had already been sold and was waiting to be picked up.  There's always something interesting in there- like some really beat-up looking golf carts.

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Sigh.

That is the more likely scenario.

TCD

They will be used for the new dining option at Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Called "Make Your Own Magic", guests, for an additional charge of only $37 per person, can actually discover the magic of cooking your own meal in a Disney restaurant! Hamburgers and Mickey Hot Dogs will be provided for guests to cook them as desired. Children are welcome to jump right in and help.

15 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

They will be used for the new dining option at Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Called "Make Your Own Magic", guests, for an additional charge of only $37 per person, can actually discover the magic of cooking your own meal in a Disney restaurant! Hamburgers and Mickey Hot Dogs will be provided for guests to cook them as desired. Children are welcome to jump right in and help.

Extra $21.95 to use the Mickey Ears spatula.

• 3 weeks later...
The regulator is part of the gas bottle adapter that is removed for transport or storage. Here's a link to a picture on the company website. You can see the regulator on the right hand side. The brass fitting is a quick disconnect of some sort.

IMG_5652_02-min-510x600.jpg

I converted my Blackstone griddle to connect to my rv propane source. This one was not as straightforward as the Coleman Roadtrip because in this case "off the shelf" fittings were not available to convert the metric threads on the griddle to standard npt threads.

This is what the end result was. I'm not sure if I'll stay with the 90degree or go back to a straight.

6c81b9f7d10813942a14a14393cca060.jpg

I had to remove the fitting, shown below in the lower right of the photo, from the griddle.

92ef4384da0de0e92a77eb006a24acc5.jpg

I had hoped to find a fitting I could just replace it with an convert it to 1/4"npt thread and move on. Even amazon didn't have one.

So I cut had to cut approximately 1-3/8" off the gas pipe to remove all the metric threads. Then used a 1/4"-18 tap to cut new threads.

444c033621ba79d696ebe59dbbcbe346.jpg

f9208e242fd98c406fa7b87a34503835.jpg

This required a 2-1/2" long brass pipe with male 1/4" npt ends.

Then install the elbow and male quick connect fittings.

I used the "gas service" thread sealing tape on all connections. However, when I performed a leak check the connection where I cut new threads had a slow leak. I used gas service thread sealing paste and that worked. The gas pipe is a metric size, so the i/d may be slightly larger than standard. The o/d appears to be suitable to use a die to cut 3/8" threads and then use a 3/8" to 1/4" fitting instead.

I got the quick connection, the elbow and 1/4"-18 npt tap from amazon. Everything else came from my local hardware store.

Another item of note is the hole where the gas fitting passes through the side of the griddle is small. The original gas pipe will not fit through it and standard 1/4" female fittings will not either. So final assembly of the modified gas pipe will need to be done at the griddle.

Nice job!

But to be a smart a$$, you could've just gotten a griddle plate/s for the Road Trip!  B)

I do have a griddle plate for the roadtrip. I have the one for 1/2 of the grill. But what I found was it didn't work well for cooking bacon or eggs. The eggs because I couldn't turn the flame down low enough to keep from instantly burning them. Bacon produced too much grease, making a big mess and contributed to flare ups .

8 minutes ago, JMSisko said:

I do have a griddle plate for the roadtrip. I have the one for 1/2 of the grill. But what I found was it didn't work well for cooking bacon or eggs. The eggs because I couldn't turn the flame down low enough to keep from instantly burning them. Bacon produced too much grease, making a big mess and contributed to flare ups .

My eggs came out good on our griddle plate, and I cheat by making my bacon at home, then heating/crisping it up at camp.

You already probably know, but you are supposed to fill that silver pan under the burners with water before cooking.  I didn't know that the first trip.  Read about it before the second trip.   It made clean up a lot easier.

Maybe your regulator is set too high?  I can adjust my burners so nothing burns.  One was too low, I took it apart and I think there was some dirt in it.  Put it back together and both work the same now.

My eggs came out good on our griddle plate, and I cheat by making my bacon at home, then heating/crisping it up at camp.

You already probably know, but you are supposed to fill that silver pan under the burners with water before cooking.  I didn't know that the first trip.  Read about it before the second trip.   It made clean up a lot easier.

Maybe your regulator is set too high?  I can adjust my burners so nothing burns.  One was too low, I took it apart and I think there was some dirt in it.  Put it back together and both work the same now.

That's a good point on the regulator, because I have really been impressed with the cooking power of the roadtrip. It cooks really fast...

2 hours ago, JMSisko said:

That's a good point on the regulator, because I have really been impressed with the cooking power of the roadtrip. It cooks really fast...

I'm not sure if it's an adjustable one.  I bought a pizza oven and it wasn't getting hot enough, contacted the company and their regulators are adjustable.  Made a big difference, went from about 350 degrees to almost 600.