Just now, h2odivers...Ray said:

Looks great. 

Where is your sons couch/ bed?

under your daughters bunk?

Yes.  If you could see to the right of the stove, there is a door to his room and the bunk is above that.  Here's a random link on RV Trader... it shows a picture of that door.

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Camping-World-RV-Sales---Chattanooga-738516/listing/2018-Keystone-COUGAR-359MBI-121729585

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pics.  Still have a little bit more personalizing to do but... we're getting there  Couch is made into a bed, for our son.  During the day (if it's bad weather) there is room for hi

Picked her up on Saturday...I spent the night at a campground without Tom or the kids, cleaning, stocking and doing some painting (which fiend said they were opening up their rig at a local CG?  Thank

Congrats and great move on upgrading the tires

34 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Looks beautiful!!  And sounds like you're already off to a good start.  :)

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's beautiful.  I like all of the inspirational signs you added.  Congratulations.

What is that giant silver thing on the counter under the microwave?  A coffee maker?  Why such a big one?

TCD

Oh gosh...haha.  Well, I do love coffee ;)  No, it's a water filter.  The system is called a Berkey. 

17 minutes ago, bhall said:

Looks Great.

Thank you ^_^

Just now, DaveInTN said:

I have a Big Berkey, but it's primarily for disaster planning.  Those things will filter anything, and in the event something happens and our municipal water supply is disrupted, I have a creek on my property that I can draw from.  

Yes, as I understand it... you could take pool water (or muddy creek water) and turn it into clean/pure drinking water. 

4 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I have a Big Berkey, but it's primarily for disaster planning.  Those things will filter anything, and in the event something happens and our municipal water supply is disrupted, I have a creek on my property that I can draw from.  

I just transfer the well to the generator. While I have fewer females in my house than you it is still very important to have running water as I'm sure you are aware.  

9 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I just transfer the well to the generator. While I have fewer females in my house than you it is still very important to have running water as I'm sure you are aware.  

Do you have the option to hand pump your well?  Eventually the fuel for the gen runs out....I'm talking extreme emergency (think EMP) where you need drinking water above all else.  I know....remote chance.  But that's why I have the Berkey.  And a shovel to dig a pit toilet.  :lol:

21 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Do you have the option to hand pump your well?  Eventually the fuel for the gen runs out....I'm talking extreme emergency (think EMP) where you need drinking water above all else.  I know....remote chance.  But that's why I have the Berkey.  And a shovel to dig a pit toilet.  :lol:

Nope. If the generator gives out we are stuck with a bucket, a rope and someone else to fetch the water.

In actuality we have talked about a hand pump but it isn't cheap. Our static well level is about 65-70 ft down. To keep adequate head space we would need to drop 90-100 ft which puts us into the expensive high lift pumps. Not counting the vehicles I have about 40 gallons of gas on site. This would give me a couple of weeks if not more of generator use by rationing its run time.

The thing about an EMP is anything big enough to have an area effect will also be likely to irradiate above ground water sources. Then again we're only 40 miles from Ft Bragg so won't have to worry about that. :lol:

Nope. If the generator gives out we are stuck with a bucket, a rope and someone else to fetch the water.

In actuality we have talked about a hand pump but it isn't cheap. Our static well level is about 65-70 ft down. To keep adequate head space we would need to drop 90-100 ft which puts us into the expensive high lift pumps. Not counting the vehicles I have about 40 gallons of gas on site. This would give me a couple of weeks if not more of generator use by rationing its run time.

The thing about an EMP is anything big enough to have an area effect will also be likely to irradiate above ground water sources. Then again we're only 40 miles from Ft Bragg so won't have to worry about that. [emoji38]

Probably best to go day 1. Pleasant thought right? [emoji3]

Sent from my handheld doohickie

12 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

It looks nice, but I need a better look at it. You should bring it to Defeated Creek for the GG.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wish we could!  Our homeschool group has a camping trip, that same weekend.

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Nice trailer we looked at that one at the boat show. It's the only non toy hauler we liked. But we are to use to a toy hauler to switch.

There are some really nice toy haulers out there!  If we had a dually, there's a good chance we would have gone that way (the ones we really likes, were all pretty darn heavy).  The one downside to most toy haulers (for me), is lack of windows.  

21 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I'm talking extreme emergency (think EMP) where you need drinking water above all else.  I know....remote chance.  But that's why I have the Berkey.  And a shovel to dig a pit toilet

You won't need a pit toilet, it will already be on the fan at that point :)

1 minute ago, DaveInTN said:

Yes, but there's no electricity to run the fan!  

Then all you can do is hope for an evenly distributed load on the fan, to maximize capacity. Don't want to overload one side and it slide off all at once!