We will be staying at the Ft for the first time. I reserved a premium site and we are renting  a fifth wheel. We have 4 boys ages 16-6. What loops are the best ? I love dogs but I dont want to hear a lot of barking so the no pet loops would be preferred.  How do I go about requesting a certain loop?Thanks in advance for all your help.

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Welcome!

When is the trip?  Do you plan on visiting the pool and campfire area often on this trip?

Will you have a golf cart?  Do you plan on driving to the parks or using Disney Transportation?

TCD

We are going Oct 8th throught 14th. We definitely plan on visiting the pool and maybe the campfire a couple times . I plan on renting a cart on the days we wont be doing the parks . As far as transportation we plan on driving to HS and AK and taking to boat to MK and boat to contempory then monorail to Epcot

8 minutes ago, Ovante6 said:

We are going Oct 8th throught 14th. We definitely plan on visiting the pool and maybe the campfire a couple times . I plan on renting a cart on the days we wont be doing the parks . As far as transportation we plan on driving to HS and AK and taking to boat to MK and boat to contempory then monorail to Epcot

That's a great time to visit.

I think you'd like the 1300 or 1400 loops.  Traditionally, these are not pet loops, but I've seen pets in both of those loops every time I've visited the Fort in the last year.  Rumor has it that pets are going to be allowed in every loop.  So, you are not guaranteed that you won't have noisy barking dogs in any loop.

I suggest that you also consider the 900 loop.  It is close to the pool area and has convenient bus stop access also.

As far as loop requests, you can call and make a request now.  Ask that it be noted on your reservation.

Faxing a site request also works.  Here's a link with a form for a fax that you can customize:

Also, don't be shy about asking for what you want at check-in.  The CM's there are very helpful with trying to fulfill requests for particular sites or loops.

Have fun!

TCD

We have stayed on "the inner" 1400 loop several times. We like it because the inside of the loop has no campsites, so our kids play in that area with other kids and because of the low number of campsites on the loop the traffic is light. However, if you have a large camper some of the sites may be difficult to get into due to the shape of loop and the location of a few trees. We got our 42ft 5th wheel in without a scratch, you just need to a spotter and be patient.

1 hour ago, JMSisko said:

We have stayed on "the inner" 1400 loop several times. We like it because the inside of the loop has no campsites, so our kids play in that area with other kids and because of the low number of campsites on the loop the traffic is light. However, if you have a large camper some of the sites may be difficult to get into due to the shape of loop and the location of a few trees. We got our 42ft 5th wheel in without a scratch, you just need to a spotter and be patient.

That's a great suggestion.  The inner loop of 1400 is also known as Little Bear Path, and the site numbers are 1447-1461.  I was in 1448 for a trip last year, and had an annoying barking dog in the site right behind me.

I'd rather have an outside site on the stretch of the loop between 1432-1446- you won't have any neighbors behind your site on those sites, and they're closer to the comfort station, but you will have the campfire and food truck in your backyard on some of the sites.

TCD

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's a great suggestion.  The inner loop of 1400 is also known as Little Bear Path, and the site numbers are 1447-1461.  I was in 1448 for a trip last year, and had an annoying barking dog in the site right behind me.

I'd rather have an outside site on the stretch of the loop between 1432-1446- you won't have any neighbors behind your site on those sites, and they're closer to the comfort station, but you will have the campfire and food truck in your backyard on some of the sites.

TCD

Don't forget the 1400 loop basket ball court near the entrance sites.