Great job with that photo, Blake!

You scooped me on this story.

I was going to report on this in my current trip report.  Last weekend, I noticed that the canal had been cleaned out to the east of the bridge on Big Pine Drive:

4%2014%2017%20316_zpspe7fcarn.jpg

I saw that tractor hiding off to the side:

4%2014%2017%20317_zpsuiob0qw0.jpg

This clearing out is much needed.  There was a lot of junk in the canal.  Sorry about the stinky mud.

TCD

I took my cart over to that little tractor the other day. I think they were using that area as parking. On the other side of the road they are using a mini excavator to shape and smooth the bank and dig some ditches into the canal. I then heard another piece of equipment running. I found the extendable boom rig actually in the canal. 

18 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Nice to have the canals cleaned out, but hopefully the mud dries out quickly so it isn't so stinky.

Couldn't tell that good from the photos, but I hope they are scooping out all of the submerged and semi floating logs.

Maybe this will allow the water to actually flow a bit thru there.

46 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Couldn't tell that good from the photos, but I hope they are scooping out all of the submerged and semi floating logs.

They are definitely clearing out years' worth of accumulated crap from the canals.  It will definitely help with water flow, and make canoeing and kayaking a nicer experience.

TCD

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

That would make canoeing a lot easier with a child if you're not always having to push the logs out of your way with your paddle

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

They are definitely clearing out years' worth of accumulated crap from the canals.  It will definitely help with water flow, and make canoeing and kayaking a nicer experience.

TCD

For what they charge it needs to be a nicer experience.  

On 4/24/2017 at 3:48 PM, ImDownWithDisney said:

20170424_152918_zpsu40dhxwe.jpg

Workers are dredging out the canal along the 500 and 600 loops. They are dumping the stinky mud on the banks adjacent to occupied sites. Happy camping!

Oh gosh... I hope that work didn't disrupt anyone trip :(

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Both very gross... and very good.