Those are nice. We got the "Camp Casual" set that someone here linked to last year:

https://jet.com/product/detail/21469c0012b14286ba537faf3ee1fe76?jcmp=pla:ggl:NJ_dur_Gen_Automotive_Parts__Accessories_a2:Automotive_Parts__Accessories_RV_Parts__Accessories_Furnishings__Appliances_a2:na:PLA_785913093_44722405327_aud-155003204480:pla-296056823652:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15

They're great but I'm not sure how many times I'd want to put them thru the dishwasher.

And the big problem for me is melamine is not microwave safe.....  how can you cook w/o a microwave??  ;)

Besides, I'm with TCD, I use paper plates whenever possible  :lol:

37 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Those are nice. We got the "Camp Casual" set that someone here linked to last year:

https://jet.com/product/detail/21469c0012b14286ba537faf3ee1fe76?jcmp=pla:ggl:NJ_dur_Gen_Automotive_Parts__Accessories_a2:Automotive_Parts__Accessories_RV_Parts__Accessories_Furnishings__Appliances_a2:na:PLA_785913093_44722405327_aud-155003204480:pla-296056823652:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15

They're great but I'm not sure how many times I'd want to put them thru the dishwasher.

And the big problem for me is melamine is not microwave safe.....  how can you cook w/o a microwave??  ;)

Besides, I'm with TCD, I use paper plates whenever possible  :lol:

You might get by zapping them a couple of times for short periods, but eventually it'll catch up to them!

Those suckers will blister then the bubbles pop throwing little pieces of melamine all over the ovens.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

You might get by zapping them a couple of times for short periods, but eventually it'll catch up to them!

Those suckers will blister then the bubbles pop throwing little pieces of melamine all over the ovens.

Yup.  I didn't know that until I had ordered the plates.

It's a great dinner set, really like the theme (and the ones above too), but I never use them because they won't go in the microwave. I know I could easily heat food in another dish, and I have done that, but most of the time it's just easier to use paper plates or a microwave safe plate.

But I'm a guy so what do I know? I can boil water and thus create a panful of Kraft Mac and Cheese (that's what I lived on in college...) but even with Kraft nowadays I end up making their microwave version....  :lol:

I'm sure others would not be deterred by the melamine/microwave issue

20 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Yup.  I didn't know that until I had ordered the plates.

It's a great dinner set, really like the theme (and the ones above too), but I never use them because they won't go in the microwave. I know I could easily heat food in another dish, and I have done that, but most of the time it's just easier to use paper plates or a microwave safe plate.

But I'm a guy so what do I know? I can boil water and thus create a panful of Kraft Mac and Cheese (that's what I lived on in college...) but even with Kraft nowadays I end up making their microwave version....  :lol:

I'm sure others would not be deterred by the melamine/microwave issue

You need these if you like to microwave.

Campbell's Microwavable Soup Bowl Cozy Hot Food & Drink Insulator *Lot of 4*

Lets you pick up zapped bowls without burning fingers!

The melamine microwave plates are no joke. I tried nuking food one day on our old set- got to the point where the plate was literally hot to the touch, food charred, and the rest of the food was still cold. In other news, I can tell you the exact day that I learned our plates were NOT microwave safe....