I75 with the I85 closure

As you know, traffic in the Metro Atlanta area is always horrible... the drivers, of course, are simply "lovely" (:blink:).   We stay away from the 85 closure.  I believe if you drive through during the odd (non-peak) hours, you'll be okay.  I don't believe you'll see a huge difference during those times.   Have a great trip!!

2 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I assume you mean the bad surface on I-95 through SC. I don't remember who but a member here on the board recently said SC has fixed up a lot of I-95.

Just as an update here.  I-95 in SC has gotten some much needed work and I was able to get stuck in the traffic for over an hour at Midnight on the 7th, to move 4 miles.  They have replaced many concrete patches and have used concrete milling trailers to flatten the road surface for many miles on the interstate.  It has made a remarkable difference, and had been done on both directions of 95.  

I also theorized that South Carolina road surfaces were the culprits of the last 2 trailer tires problems I've had.  Both times were headed south in GA not too far from the border, and I figure I broke a belt in SC and won the prize somewhere down the road.

Anyone else notice the improvement?

That was one of the post I have read regarding 95. For us 75 is a better option as fuel stops seem to be better timed with the flying j/pilots so I can use my rv credit card at the truck pumps. Never tried using another truck stop.

7 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

As you know, traffic in the Metro Atlanta area is always horrible... the drivers, of course, are simply "lovely" (:blink:).   We stay away from the 85 closure.  I believe if you drive through during the odd (non-peak) hours, you'll be okay.  I don't believe you'll see a huge difference during those times.   Have a great trip!!

Do you think if we came through at 7-8pm at night thursday night that Atlanta will be ok? Normally that is about the time we roll through there and it isnt usually to bad. Not sure with the 85 mess though of that will mess with things.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:02 PM, rtguy007 said:

That was one of the post I have read regarding 95. For us 75 is a better option as fuel stops seem to be better timed with the flying j/pilots so I can use my rv credit card at the truck pumps. Never tried using another truck stop.

Do you think if we came through at 7-8pm at night thursday night that Atlanta will be ok? Normally that is about the time we roll through there and it isnt usually to bad. Not sure with the 85 mess though of that will mess with things.

I would think so...especially the closer you get to 8p.  Check the baseball schedule as their silly new stadium is now on 75.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I would think so...especially the closer you get to 8p.  Check the baseball schedule as their silly new stadium is now on 75.

Great tip. Just looked at their schedule and they have a 7:35 in Atlanta. So the closer to 8 we are the better it sounds like.