Checking in 10/9/17 and out on 10/13/17. Coming for our 25th with 3 day park hoppers to use on the 10th, 11th and 12th. LARGE tent.

We have stayed in 1500 and love it but this time it's just us (no kids) and we don't expect to spend a lot of time in the Fort. We have a really large tent so the larger sites in 2000 might be good for us and, of course, are easier to get. Our main priorities for sites are close to a comfort station and close(ish) to the bus stop. 

Because we are mostly going to be park hopping between AK (Pandora stuff + we have never been there) and Epcot (Food and Wine), we expect we'll use Uber or Lyft more than any other means of transportation. We want to get around quickly since this trip is mostly all about grown up eating and drinking. If I understand correctly the drivers can't come to your site so you have to get to the Outpost. So if one loop or the other is faster for getting to the entrance, that would be helpful info.

Does it make sense to jump through hoops to try to get a site in 1500 (would LOVE 1503 or 1504) or is 2000 just as good given we won't be there all that often and transportation to and from the resort is more important this time than amenities within?

1500 will be better for transportation to the Outpost parking lot as you are on the Yellow Line, and it's a direct shot from 1500 pickup with only one stop at 1600-1900 before heading straight to the outpost.

2000 will be on the Purple line, and going to the Outpost bus stop, you will be going through all of the cabin loops and making several stops there. More of the cabin folks seem to ride the buses, so more stops, and more ECV pickups through there also.

Welcome!

If all you're trying to do is hop between parks and get back and forth to the Fort, I see no reason to use Uber.  I use the Disney transportation system all the time, and it works fine.

If you were trying to get from the Fort to a specific resort for a dining reservation, or get back to the Fort from a late dinner at a resort, I see the benefit of Uber, but, otherwise, I would use the provided transportation.

TCD

Thanks for the parking info, Carol! 

TCD - We will be hopping from park to park but also hitting resorts for some meals. We'll do a combination of travel most of the time, I imagine. We love the Disney traspo system but this time we are looking for expedience in getting to where we're going. 

2 hours ago, Happycamping1 said:

Thanks for the parking info, Carol! 

TCD - We will be hopping from park to park but also hitting resorts for some meals. We'll do a combination of travel most of the time, I imagine. We love the Disney traspo system but this time we are looking for expedience in getting to where we're going. 

You do know that Disney provides direct transportation from park to park, right?

A long time ago they didn't, and a lot of folks don't realize it's very easy to hop from park to park with Disney transportation.  Looking at where the drop off areas are for taxis and Uber, I'd rather take the Disney transportation.

I would also consider the express bus service that they've been experimenting with for park to park transportation:

Depending on how long your trip is, and how much hopping between parks you want to do, the pricing on this could beat Uber.  And you get the added benefit of not having to wait in line for security or park entry at the parks you hop to.

Plus, it's not like there's no waiting with Uber.

TCD