The Rock helping with the redesign of The Jungle Cruise

The original story is that The Rock was visiting the rides to get a feel for his character in the new movie Disney is planning

Jungle Cruise 

Based on Disneyland's theme park ride where a small riverboat takes a group of travelers through a jungle filled with dangerous animals and reptiles.

Writers:

Glenn Ficarra (screenplay), John Requa (screenplay)

Star:

Dwayne Johnson
11 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I wonder why they never added Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion?  Maybe because the movie wasn't all that well received.  

Asked and answered. That movie was super disappointing.

But speaking of Haunted Mansion movies, are we ever going to get the Guillermo del Toro version??

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

I thought the Jungle Cruise already had plenty of rocks. Why add another?

Ah just think of all the corny new jokes we'll get!  LOL

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That is a Jungle Cruise level joke.

As for Dwayne Johnson's post, I call BS. The attraction is a classic and is plenty popular.  I don't see Disney spending money on an unnecessary redesign of the ride.

TCD

I don't know. POTC was/ is a classic attraction and Disney added Johnny. 

I doubt the jungle cruise movie will be as popular as Pirates franchise. But we will see. 

I can just hear it now. 

Dad to son  "son this is the ride they made from the movie starring the Rock!"

6 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I don't know. POTC was/ is a classic attraction and Disney added Johnny. 

I doubt the jungle cruise movie will be as popular as Pirates franchise. But we will see. 

That's a good point.  But, adding Johnny was the kind of thing they used to do before they got so darned cheap.

I guess it depends on how successful the movie is. 

TCD

From WDWNT - seems this is a whole lotta hoopla for nothin'

"Yesterday we reported that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson said he was working with Disney Imagineers in order to update the classic Disney Parks attraction, Jungle Cruise. Well, according to Disney, it turns out that is not case. Although Disney did confirm that The Rock did meet with Disney Imagineers recently, Disney said there are no plans to revamp the ride at this time. Good news for fans of the original attraction."

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/disney-no-plans-change-jungle-cruise-attraction-regardless-rock-says/

7 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

From WDWNT - seems this is a whole lotta hoopla for nothin'

"Yesterday we reported that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson said he was working with Disney Imagineers in order to update the classic Disney Parks attraction, Jungle Cruise. Well, according to Disney, it turns out that is not case. Although Disney did confirm that The Rock did meet with Disney Imagineers recently, Disney said there are no plans to revamp the ride at this time. Good news for fans of the original attraction."

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/disney-no-plans-change-jungle-cruise-attraction-regardless-rock-says/

Thank goodness.

But, if by some miracle the Jungle Book movie is a huge hit, they could always come back and stick a few Dwayne Johnson robots in the bushes.

TCD

22 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thank goodness.

But, if by some miracle the Jungle Book movie is a huge hit, they could always come back and stick a few Dwayne Johnson robots in the bushes.

TCD

Yep. I'm picturing them now.  And the jokes that would accompany them...

Look out folks, it's a Rock fall.

What's that perched on the rock over there? A Rock.

What's that in the river a-head? No, a Rock.

(ba dum bump)