Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bdm

Haunted Mansion Restaurant

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, bdm said:

Not sure where it would go maybe over where the skyway use to be?

That's where they built the Tangled theme restrooms, complete with tower and waterfall, and lots of outdoor seating.

They could tear all of that down to build a restaurant, but I doubt they would- at least not so soon after building it all.

If they wanted to, they could shut down and re-theme one of the existing restaurants in the area- Columbia Harbor House or Liberty Tree Tavern.

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

If they wanted to, they could shut down and re-theme one of the existing restaurants in the area- Columbia Harbor House or Liberty Tree Tavern.

TCD

Not the Liberty Tree Tavern!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one rumor I'm really hoping proves true!

 

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's where they built the Tangled theme restrooms, complete with tower and waterfall, and lots of outdoor seating.

They could tear all of that down to build a restaurant, but I doubt they would- at least not so soon after building it all.

If they wanted to, they could shut down and re-theme one of the existing restaurants in the area- Columbia Harbor House or Liberty Tree Tavern.

TCD

Columbia Harbor House would be a great spot. It's already right across from Momento Mori, and just think what spooky fun they could do with that upstairs room that goes over the walkway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's where they built the Tangled theme restrooms, complete with tower and waterfall, and lots of outdoor seating.

They could tear all of that down to build a restaurant, but I doubt they would- at least not so soon after building it all.

If they wanted to, they could shut down and re-theme one of the existing restaurants in the area- Columbia Harbor House or Liberty Tree Tavern.

TCD

What about the wooded area to the side/back of the HM entrance?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Travisma said:

What about the wooded area to the side/back of the HM entrance?

I was going to say that there's not enough room over there, but I decided to take a look at a satellite view of the area, and I see that there looks like there is plenty of space to the west of the Haunted Mansion show building:

hm%20aerial_zpsezdj1hnz.jpg

If they wanted to do something really cool, they could build this restaurant so it has a view of the Rivers of America.  They could theme it so it would be something cool to see from the boat, and they could have a room (or even a bar) inside that had a water view.

But, that would be a lot more expensive than just retheming an existing building.

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHH is the likely candidate if this plan is real.  They could in some ways combine the concepts of CHH and LTT at the current LTT location...both are colonial in theme.  Make LTT a quick serve location for lunch with all the CHH favorites, and then do the LTT menu as a sit down dinner.  Pull the current CHH area of the street into the HM "theming zone" by creating some sort of visual break from the Liberty Square theming even though they currently blend in well....the restaurant would need some spooky gothic elements added to tie it into the HM I think.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they can just close down the paddlewheeler, and convert it into a floating restaurant!  After all, what's one less attraction for the masses when you can make a boatload of $$ from riverfront dining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will just change the sign on Aunt Polly's and call it done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

CHH is the likely candidate if this plan is real.  They could in some ways combine the concepts of CHH and LTT at the current LTT location...both are colonial in theme.  Make LTT a quick serve location for lunch with all the CHH favorites, and then do the LTT menu as a sit down dinner.  Pull the current CHH area of the street into the HM "theming zone" by creating some sort of visual break from the Liberty Square theming even though they currently blend in well....the restaurant would need some spooky gothic elements added to tie it into the HM I think.  

That could work!

Although something along the river would be pretty spiffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Travisma said:

Maybe they can just close down the paddlewheeler, and convert it into a floating restaurant!  After all, what's one less attraction for the masses when you can make a boatload of $$ from riverfront dining.

Great idea. Im tired of all the stinky masses on my boat. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

That could work!

Although something along the river would be pretty spiffy.

I agree.  It would be nice to sit on a dock the watch the riverboat go by. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

A friend of mine who would know if this is true or not told me that this is just a rumor; although he had to admit it would be a good idea.

It should be built, or they should open some of the shuttered food places.

It's next to impossible to eat at any of the quick serves or sit downs anywhere from 10:30 to 2:00.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Travisma said:

It should be built, or they should open some of the shuttered food places.

It's next to impossible to eat at any of the quick serves or sit downs anywhere from 10:30 to 2:00.

 

Disney has received your sympathetic vibrations, and will now be offering a daily Haunted Mansion themed lunch buffet at Mickey's Backyard Massage Parlor and Casino.  Additional sympathetic vibrations available for an extra charge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2017 at 4:06 AM, DisneyVampire said:

Thus has been debunked. There are no plans for this to be in the works. Sorry folks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Bummer.  I was really hoping this one would pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DisneyVampire said:

There is talk with the Club 33 coming they will have more 'dining events' however not a full restaurant.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think I saw something kicking around the interwebz about that recently too.

Unfortunately, unless they let us split a Club 33 membership 157 ways, I don't think that's going to effect too many of us.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×