Wilderness Lodge trip 2017 - Upgrades, Tours and Backstage, Oh My!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My family and I have been to WDW many times, and with the exception of the first time I went with my wife (then fiancé), we have always stayed at the fort. The first time i went to WDW, we stayed at P

Great pictures of the castle suite. I love the starry night over the tub...I want that!

A short update just to finish up our day at EPCOT. Thanks again for following along! After making a few stops to pick up some gifts for family in a few of the pavilions, we decided to grab a bite

I just got around to reading your final update.

You did a great job on this report.  Thanks for taking the time to share your photos and commentary.

Dapper Day is a Disneyland thing, and it should stay there. It's too hot and humid in Florida to go to the parks all dressed up like that.  It doesn't look like any of those people were having fun.

The only bad thing for you about this trip is that it's going to be hard for you to top it.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You did a great job on this report.  Thanks for taking the time to share your photos and commentary.

Dapper Day is a Disneyland thing, and it should stay there. It's too hot and humid in Florida to go to the parks all dressed up like that.  It doesn't look like any of those people were having fun.

The only bad thing for you about this trip is that it's going to be hard for you to top it.

TCD

Thanks, TCD. I agree with you about Dapper Day, but I do get it. I think the get-together at Disney Springs in the evening was more of a draw than a day in the hot parks, personally.

I felt bad for some of those people in the 95 degree heat and humidity in their elaborate outfits and multiple layers, but it can't be much better in Southern California. Most of them were looking for shade and air conditioning - especially the ones that had kids with them that were also dressed up. It seemed that many people were getting their photos taken at certain locations then leaving.

I'm sure the parks got more crowded (and Dapper) as the afternoon turned into evening.

There were even several groups doing the monorail bar crawl in the early afternoon - one group had camped out in the Grand Flo at the second floor bar and didn't look like they were going anywhere soon.

It certainly will be hard to top this trip, I did those great tours and saw a lot, although we did miss the kids while we were there!

• 8 months later...
On 6/1/2017 at 9:28 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

My oldest godson is such a Disney fan he goes to every Dapper Day he can.  This past one he and his wife were dressed as explorers with a spiel to go with their story line.  The young lady was more ready for the hot weather but gs was into the whole costume thing.  I understand they were a hit on the Jungle Ride.  It was too hot for me to stay long and crowds are not my thing anymore.