What it comes  down to is that Disney's reservation system just sucks. They overbook when there are empty sites, they screw people over to try and make more money. They make it difficult as hell for someone to get a quick weekend, yet they have empty sites available. holidays are a joke  and it's nearly impossible to do the right thing and book a year out and get a reservation but yet if you book a day before somehow sites mysteriously appear.   And I know it's not all from cancellations. I guess you can say I was lucky enough to speak to someone way up in reservations. They basically gave me a song and dance about trying to reserve a site nine months out. I'm at the point that I'm really over fort wilderness.  yes, Disney has a good thing with the campgrounds, but it's kind of out of hand. I'm at the point that I rather just park my RV in my backyard and camp there instead of putting up with the BS that Disney forces on us these days. Yes I'm being negative, but I am still pissed that I cannot get the dates I want a year and a half out. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What it comes  down to is that Disney's reservation system just sucks. They overbook when there are empty sites, they screw people over to try and make more money. They make it difficult as hell for s

Many loops are half empty some three-quarters empty and the place looks like a ghost town. The 300 loop and 1600 loop are completely empty and it appears they might be about to do some work on 30

I was thinking the same thing. We are headed down next week, and a small fort crowd would be nice. 

On 5/12/2017 at 0:16 PM, rtguy007 said:

Thats actually pretty funny. That was aboit the time I was riding over through 1900 before riding up front.  Hopefully we will meet you some time.

You won't have much trouble identifying me, just look for the man on the Granny Cycle.  We will be coming back the week of Thanksgiving, perhaps then.

15 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

You won't have much trouble identifying me, just look for the man on the Granny Cycle.  We will be coming back the week of Thanksgiving, perhaps then.

10 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

We are booked then as well. Hopefully we can cross paths then.

When did you all book your Thanksgiving trips. I booked mine last October and still can't get Thanksgiving and the next day. Pure blasphemy I say

2 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Jason got me my days. They say he's the Man.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

I contacted him months ago and no luck.  For all the money I dumped in the mouses pocket over the past 20 years, I can't believe the idiots at reservations can't get me 2 fricken days. This was supposed to be our family reunion year at these idiots are ruining it. 

I contacted him months ago and no luck.  For all the money I dumped in the mouses pocket over the past 20 years, I can't believe the idiots at reservations can't get me 2 fricken days. This was supposed to be our family reunion year at these idiots are ruining it. 

I bet something will open up. It almost always does.

10 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I bet something will open up. It almost always does.

Probably. It just sucks everything is teetering with other families making reservations on us getting these dates

7 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

Probably. It just sucks everything is teetering with other families making reservations on us getting these dates

Why not go stay some where else on those 2 days? It's not like you haven't stayed at the Fort before.

6 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

When did you all book your Thanksgiving trips. I booked mine last October and still can't get Thanksgiving and the next day. Pure blasphemy I say

We booked ours out about last July if I remember correctly. My sister did hers about September and barely got in. I think she got the ladt available at that time for premium sites.

On 5/14/2017 at 3:16 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Why not go stay some where else on those 2 days? It's not like you haven't stayed at the Fort before.

Tradition of Thanksgiving dinner prepared at the fort. That's the only reason my not going elsewhere

4 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

Tradition of Thanksgiving dinner prepared at the fort. That's the only reason my not going elsewhere

We did the Fort in November since I was a kid and in 2015 it was so crazy I just said I was done. So we have been trying different times of the year. So so good.

We did the Fort in November since I was a kid and in 2015 it was so crazy I just said I was done. So we have been trying different times of the year. So so good.

We did the Fort last Thanksgiving and thought it was crazy. Lots of drunk people driving golf carts ? We camped at the Fort about 10 times last year and Thanksgiving was by far the craziest--even more so than New Year's Eve.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I just saw I wrote so so good.  It was supposed to be so far so good.

15 hours ago, martindi said:

We did the Fort last Thanksgiving and thought it was crazy. Lots of drunk people driving golf carts ? We camped at the Fort about 10 times last year and Thanksgiving was by far the craziest--even more so than New Year's Eve.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We just did spring break the parks were packed but the Fort was nice.

On 5/14/2017 at 1:44 PM, Starbuc71 said:

We were there two days before Thanksgiving last year and we booked ours while there.

6 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Still pretty sparse here in some loops, the pool is quiet, plenty of cart parking at the settlement. I'm sure it's about to change drastically though.

I think you are right about the drastic change coming. The Fort will be wall to wall for the weekend.

7 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

And I just killed a yellow fly ?

Uh-oh. 

I thought maybe the drought would have impacted their arrival.

TCD

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I think you are right about the drastic change coming. The Fort will be wall to wall for the weekend.

Uh-oh. 

I thought maybe the drought would have impacted their arrival.

TCD

I picked that little SOB up in the 200 loop. He followed the cart or stayed in the footwell all of the way to Crockett's.

1 minute ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I picked that little SOB up in the 200 loop. He followed the cart or stayed in the footwell all of the way to Crockett's.

Someone on a FB post said the bug repellent the Fort was handing out helped a lot with the flies.

We had them bad in the 1500 on one trip  if we sat under the trees or got near the brush.

In the open they weren't bad.