The resort monorails are down. Talk about a cluster. We have an ECV and are trying to get to EPCOT. The only option is the ferry from the magic kingdom. The security checkpoint on the walkway is backed up almost to the road. Talk about frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am assuming you're at the MK now?

What about hopping a bus to Beach Club and entering Epcot via the International Gateway entrance?

TCD

We are at MK now. The contemporary only had disney springs and hollywood studios busses running according to the security and transportation guy there. We had our chef mickeys this morning so our options were limited at the time with the ECV. We lost our on 2 fast passes. Going to check with guest services and see if they can give us some free ones since we couldnt get to the park. There were aboit 30-40 people with us that had the same issue trying to get to EPCOT.

We are now on the ferry and the mo orails just started running on the resort loop. Talk about frustrating.

5 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

We are at MK now. The contemporary only had disney springs and hollywood studios busses running according to the security and transportation guy there. We had our chef mickeys this morning so our options were limited at the time with the ECV. We lost our on 2 fast passes. Going to check with guest services and see if they can give us some free ones since we couldnt get to the park. There were aboit 30-40 people with us that had the same issue trying to get to EPCOT.

We are now on the ferry and the mo orails just started running on the resort loop. Talk about frustrating.

I understand it's frustrating, but do stop at Guest Services at Epcot. Be nice, and explain the situation, and I'm sure they will hook you up.  They can see what FP+'s you had, and should be able to make them good for any time today.

For future reference, you could have taken a Beach Club bus from the MK bus loop and taken the ECV directly there.  It's a short walk through the resort and out the back to the IG entrance for Epcot.  Better than waiting for the ferry and Epcot monorail.

TCD

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I understand it's frustrating, but do stop at Guest Services at Epcot. Be nice, and explain the situation, and I'm sure they will hook you up.  They can see what FP+'s you had, and should be able to make them good for any time today.

For future reference, you could have taken a Beach Club bus from the MK bus loop and taken the ECV directly there.  It's a short walk through the resort and out the back to the IG entrance for Epcot.  Better than waiting for the ferry and Epcot monorail.

TCD

Ahh didnt think of that bus from the MK. Thanks for the tip. The kids are still happy from Chef Mickeys which is more important to me than getting to Epcot. It is all of the other people that are complaining that are making it bad. Guess I am more frustrated with that than anything.

1 hour ago, rtguy007 said:

Ahh didnt think of that bus from the MK. Thanks for the tip. The kids are still happy from Chef Mickeys which is more important to me than getting to Epcot. It is all of the other people that are complaining that are making it bad. Guess I am more frustrated with that than anything.

Unfortunately, monorail fails happen way more than they should.  I can understand why guests get upset about it, but there are always alternatives, and Guest Services can be pretty generous with offering extra FP's to make up for it.  So, shake it off and go have fun!

TCD

1 hour ago, rtguy007 said:

Unfortunately, monorail fails happen way more than they should.  I can understand why guests get upset about it, but there are always alternatives, and Guest Services can be pretty generous with offering extra FP's to make up for it.  So, shake it off and go have fun!

TCD

TCD

Exactly.  People complaining makes a bad situation so much worse. It is certainly frustrating when thing don't go as planned, but cussing and throwing a tantrum usually don't help matters. Hopefully Disney made it right with the fast passes, and all you lost was a couple moments of your trip.  You are still at Disney, so all in all, probably not too bad of a day. 

21 minutes ago, WrigleysWagon said:

Exactly.  People complaining makes a bad situation so much worse. It is certainly frustrating when thing don't go as planned, but cussing and throwing a tantrum usually don't help matters. Hopefully Disney made it right with the fast passes, and all you lost was a couple moments of your trip.  You are still at Disney, so all in all, probably not too bad of a day. 

Yep they converted the 2 lost FP's to all day. We are using the second one now to see Nemo. My DD is so excited. My oldest was happy to see figment. All is good now that we are away from the grumps.

21 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Yep they converted the 2 lost FP's to all day. We are using the second one now to see Nemo. My DD is so excited. My oldest was happy to see figment. All is good now that we are away from the grumps.

MK was having a bad day last Saturday.  

The carousel is down for modifications.

Small World went down at least twice, we got a oops FP out of that

Pirates went down I think 3 times.

People Mover stopped a couple times, but that seems to be the norm for that anymore, and now there is always a pretty long line to ride it.

Sunday Dinosaur at AK was going up and down, relatives got oops passes from that.

But at least the 2 times we used the Monorail it worked!  Once the express and once the resort.

33 minutes ago, Travisma said:

MK was having a bad day last Saturday.  

The carousel is down for modifications.

Small World went down at least twice, we got a oops FP out of that

Pirates went down I think 3 times.

People Mover stopped a couple times, but that seems to be the norm for that anymore, and now there is always a pretty long line to ride it.

Sunday Dinosaur at AK was going up and down, relatives got oops passes from that.

That's very sad.

And what's sadder is that it's common for multiple rides to malfunction every day in every park.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

TCD

55 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's very sad.

And what's sadder is that it's common for multiple rides to malfunction every day in every park.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

TCD

But people will continue to fill the parks and the resorts.

Continuation of mishaps on their trip.

Relatives were staying at Art of Animation in the mermaid wing.

Check out was Monday at 11.

They took the majority of their belongings to the car earlier and left various items in the room that they were going to need after they came back up from the pool.

At 10:30 they came back to a stripped room.  Food gone, medication missing, tub of various items like chargers, some cash, clothing all missing.  We're not talking about a pair of sunglasses or a t shirt that someone might've forgotten, it was numerous items.

Nephew stopped a maid that was cleaning a nearby room.  At first she didn't know anything.  I guess he saw something of his on her cart and persisted.  She then pulled out the tub that was tucked away in her car underneath towels.  Other items started appearing from various bags and locations..  Some things were gone.

He went to the front desk, they took $150 off his bill and gave them a gift voucher to purchase some souvenirs, but it definitely put a damper on their trip.

6 hours ago, Travisma said:

Nephew stopped a maid that was cleaning a nearby room.  At first she didn't know anything.  I guess he saw something of his on her cart and persisted.  She then pulled out the tub that was tucked away in her car underneath towels.  Other items started appearing from various bags and locations..  Some things were gone.

Gone? So either she was working with someone else and/or she had another place to hide things.... Either way they should have fired her on the spot before she and her accomplices steal from other guests.  (Thieves are almost never caught the first time, it's a good bet she'd been doing this for awhile)  :angry: