Awwww Puck.... The Goons Take Disney!!

Hello friends, it's been a really REALLY long time since I tried my hand at a trip report on here.. but this one is worth telling.. for a couple of reasons and what better way to keep the memories alive and going than a trip report posted for all to enjoy as much as I have enjoyed the past few years leading up to the BEST TRIP EVER!   This first post serves to introduce myself and my cast of characters.. and to see if I can get the picture thing to work right.. so here I go.. free handing it..

It all started with two very different families.. this one.. these are mine..

B316F6BA-28E2-4E9C-9A8F-CD6B3FC599D6_zps

20CCF7FC-A41F-481C-9A22-36B184611E23_zps

and this one..

444D3719-EA40-424C-B3F9-B4F0AF5908C1_zps

These two families had no idea that the other existed for more than a year and a half.. so many things to take in to consideration when you have kids.. would they be happy?  Would they get along?    I guess what I'm telling you this is a love story/trip report so now's your chance to bow out, run if you must!  My name is Judy, and the big hairy guy that's Mike, also known as Goose.. He played hockey for a lot of years.. his jersey is retired in the Van Braun Center here.. here's a picture of my Princess Izzy at her first hockey game with his number in the back ground (33) this was before they knew about him.. so this picture still makes me giggle..

AC377556-2337-4BF6-926D-177E9662895D_zps

so here's to the first post.. I'm gonna push the magic button and see how this looks... if it's good.. LOTS more to follow!! 

14 minutes ago, Goose's Girl said:

If anyone can send me a cheater on how to make the pictures smaller.. it will come in handy :)

I think it depends on the photo sharing site you're using.

I use Imgur, and when you click the picture to post, it has various sizes from small to large thumbnail, and actual size.  I usually select large thumbnail.

So.. after many months of just me and Goose enjoying each other, we decided it was time to let the kids in on our secret.. we expected it to be hard.. I mean really how could we possible blend a family of 9 without drama right?  We knew it was meant to be but also accepted the fact we had a lot of work in front of us.. but something magical happened from the very start.. not only was our kids happy to see us happy.. they actually got along.. and wanted to spend time together.. and with us..  so we spent quiet a few months just enjoying the heck out of each other.. with our kiddos.. I could show you hundreds of pictures but I’ll spare you and just show a few.. getting the whole bunch together in one picture isn’t easy.. but here’s a couple of my favorites.

BF8FDEF6-D626-40E5-B1A6-C7229DA827D6_zps

9D1F6669-4533-43FC-9541-0C8D5C4047B8_zps

8A2A1821-77CB-4683-82C1-8A2E3F4429C0_zps

So after all this.. what better way than to plan the ultimate vacation.. to my favorite spot.. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground.. my favorite spot with my most favorite people ever.. WIN WIN for this girl!  We surprised the kids at Christmas.. come spring break March 12th to the 19th, THE GOONS WERE GOING TO DISNEY!!  

69A3DD42-2972-4914-A186-C76EBE187910_zps

21 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I am in! Of course I have the advantage of have already met and gone camping with these families. We need to plan another trip soon or even just an afternoon/evening to hang out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just need to let you write this.. I'm struggling.. I don't remember it being so hard! lol

and your right!  our schedules should slow down some this summer.. he even made the comment yesterday and I'll quote.. "I'm getting the Disney itch.."  GAWD I LOVE this man!! :wub:

I just need to let you write this.. I'm struggling.. I don't remember it being so hard! lol

and your right!  our schedules should slow down some this summer.. he even made the comment yesterday and I'll quote.. "I'm getting the Disney itch.."  GAWD I LOVE this man!! :wub:

Jessica just informed me you forgot your other daughter on this trip. Not to mention your wife.

The date was set, we would go to Disney and camp at the Fort from March 12th to the 19th.  We ALMOST had to rearrange the schedule again because Goose is part of an organization that does the Legends of Huntsville Havoc charity game every year to raise money for the Children’s Autism society.  This is a cause close to his oversized heart.  In true Judy luck.. the game got schedule for March 11th.  This put us in quiet the pickle..  The event is Team Gibby vs. Team Goose of which he is the captain.. events, showings, meet and greets and activities start on Friday and go all the way to Sunday evening.. so what’s a man to do?  He did everything he usually does (to include win the game.. insert proud moment here) and then we started driving the night of the 10th..after he worked all day Friday and Saturday and played the game.. what a guy right?!  Here’s a few pictures from the event.. if any of you are hockey fans.. and close to this area.. this is truly a great cause and these boys put on quiet the show!

a609fcaf-c05e-4671-8c46-6f4784e64c84_zps

93f65c48-e952-4b5a-9a70-6ff4afa3e178_zps

B03A06E1-227F-4A71-8960-EBAACAB34D03_zps

After he celebrated with the team for a moment and kissed the babies.. we started driving, it was around 9PM but I was totally excited so I tucked in my Goose, told the kids to go to sleep, popped in some tunes and drove all the way to the Florida Line before I had to tap out.. Goose was alive and well at that point so he drove us in and to my amazement, at 10am.. they let us check straight in with no issues!  We were assigned to the 2000 loop but for the life of me can't remember the site number.. at that point I couldn't have cared where they put us.. I was just so darn excited to be back at the fort after all this time, my last trip was with the wild womenz I think in 2014 maybe?  My honorary wife Yvonne will have to confirm that one. 

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Great job so far!

Sorry about Photobucket.  It has been a real PITA lately.

This photo is great!  Is that a boxer puppy I see?

69A3DD42-2972-4914-A186-C76EBE187910_zps

TCD

Good attention to detail I missed the dog

The date was set, we would go to Disney and camp at the Fort from March 12th to the 19th.  We ALMOST had to rearrange the schedule again because Goose is part of an organization that does the Legends of Huntsville Havoc charity game every year to raise money for the Children’s Autism society.  This is a cause close to his oversized heart.  In true Judy luck.. the game got schedule for March 11th.  This put us in quiet the pickle..  The event is Team Gibby vs. Team Goose of which he is the captain.. events, showings, meet and greets and activities start on Friday and go all the way to Sunday evening.. so what’s a man to do?  He did everything he usually does (to include win the game.. insert proud moment here) and then we started driving the night of the 10th..after he worked all day Friday and Saturday and played the game.. what a guy right?!  Here’s a few pictures from the event.. if any of you are hockey fans.. and close to this area.. this is truly a great cause and these boys put on quiet the show!

a609fcaf-c05e-4671-8c46-6f4784e64c84_zpshzrqnyda.jpg

93f65c48-e952-4b5a-9a70-6ff4afa3e178_zpsko7veakq.jpg

B03A06E1-227F-4A71-8960-EBAACAB34D03_zpsqrxd9y9v.jpg

After he celebrated with the team for a moment and kissed the babies.. we started driving, it was around 9PM but I was totally excited so I tucked in my Goose, told the kids to go to sleep, popped in some tunes and drove all the way to the Florida Line before I had to tap out.. Goose was alive and well at that point so he drove us in and to my amazement, at 10am.. they let us check straight in with no issues!  We were assigned to the 2000 loop but for the life of me can't remember the site number.. at that point I couldn't have cared where they put us.. I was just so darn excited to be back at the fort after all this time, my last trip was with the wild womenz I think in 2014 maybe?  My honorary wife Yvonne will have to confirm that one. 

Your honorary wife would like to remind you that your last trip before this one was WWW 2013. She would also like to inform you that your presence is required for WWW 2018. She will resort to nagging if needed.

14 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Judy! My sister from another mister.... great report so far! I wish we had caught up with you before you checked out... it wasn't in the cards. You bringing your gang to defeated creek this year?

Sent from my handheld doohickie

I know!! I did see Isabell and Emma as we were leaving the pool (there was a poop incident) and wanted to grab and hug them and decided not to scare the heck out of them just yet.. but yes, all my Goons will be at Defeated Creek except my oldest man child.. he will be in basic training :( 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL.  The dog was the first thing I noticed in that photo, and it made me smile.  All the boxers we've owned have had similar personalities. That dog jumping in to that mess is typical boxer behavior.  They're great dogs and they love to play.

TCD

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Good attention to detail I missed the dog

Yes, that is King Cooper.. if you know boxer's nuff said.. as you know he doesn't know he is a dog.. and right in the middle of the action is where he is gonna be!

Ok.. so we are all checked in early even, assigned to 2000 loop which was ok by me and started to set up camp.  We rented 2 golf carts from Kenny and had plans to meet him at 2:00 to pick up the trailer.  I had originally thought that I would be driving my truck to the fort but a week before the trip we decided to buy a mini van so we could take just one vehicle on this trip.  My oldest man child didn't want to go to Disney.. he is no longer in my will just so everyone is aware.. but he did spend that week doing some good things so I guess I wont totally dis own him.. ANY WAY When we showed up to meet Kenny's driver in the parking lot behind Dunkin Donuts I then realized I couldn't pull that trailer with my mini van (which I love by the way.. I'll never be without one again... even when the kids are gone!)  They were gracious enough to let us use their vehicle to take the cart in.. but wait.. he only had one cart for me?  I reserved two.. a quick call to Kenny and he said if we were willing to go to another site at the campground and "repo" a cart that was left there buy a previous customer who ducked out early without returning the cart.. it was ours.  Didn't sound like a big deal at the time so we said no problem and made our way back to the campground.  Dropped the cart off at our site and drove his truck and trailer back to Dunkin Donuts.  The whole thing really did only take about 30 minutes and I can't remember exactly what I paid for both carts but it was in the neighborhood of $400 ish dollars.. which for a week isn't to shabby compared to the Disney rates.  We went searching for the second cart and found the site where Kenny said it would be sitting.. we found the cart but it was pulled up next to a camper.. and no one was home.. so we debated weather or not it was the one we were looking for.. Kenny couldn't remember what color it was at the time we talked to him.. just that the previous customer was camping at that site.. so we debated back and forth weather or not we were committing a felony by taking a cart that wasn't his.. some of you know me.  We just took it and ran like the devil!! Let me just say every time security went by the first couple of days I might have been a bit nervous.. :lol:  I didn't get a lot of pictures of our site.. I was alittle bit busy.. but here's a few.. please pay attention to the TeePee.. yes, that's a tee pee.. not the most comfortable thing I've every slept in.. but it made me laugh harder than it should have.. Goose is a Canadian Indian.. Ojibwa.. Picked it up at walmart the day before the trip for $40 bucks.. so it had to happen.. and it gave us some privacy from the kiddos.. win win.  It leaked and had a rip out of the bag.. but we sure got a laugh out of it so I don't regret it ( I did leave it in the garbage pile when we left however)

2BAF3FF8-61BB-44D5-A8C1-C34810B3D91F_zps

F89FCE98-6BE6-487C-A22E-6FD21AB713BC_zps

89F57C50-4C05-4D41-9A41-14695DFAA18A_zps

The kilt kiddos.. we also picked up those camping cots for $20 at walmart, the kids said they were awesome!

EB7E18BF-02DE-4A49-964D-D28AE46833B8_zps

Tomorrow is our first Magic Kingdom Day!!