Cinnamon Rolls Return - but are they ooey and gooey??

Has anyone tried these??

REVIEW: Mickey-Shaped Cinnamon Roll Brings Classic Treat Back to the Main Street Bakery at Magic Kingdom

Since the conversion of the Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom into a Starbucks location a few years ago, many have been lamenting the loss of the cinnamon rolls from the location and their move to Gaston’s Tavern in Fantasyland. Well, the cinnamon roll is back home with a whole new look!

33823530764_2abaa8fe4d_b.jpg

Retailing for $5.99, the Mickey Mouse-shaped cinnamon roll is available now throughout the day at the Main Street Bakery.

34625180616_e7d5990268_b.jpg

We grabbed ours in the evening before a viewing of the new nighttime spectacular, Happily Ever After.

34625180566_7a4a3426d8_b.jpg

So how is it?

34665714435_84cce70296_b.jpg

The snack is flaky, soft and airy. It tasted as if it was freshly baked and not just left out for hours, a problem I often have with the snack at Gaston’s Tavern. Ours was served warm,  and the two ears came off as if they were separate cinnamon buns, making this easy to share.

If you enjoy a cinnamon roll at the Magic Kingdom, this is certainly worth a try in lieu of the usual offering.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/review-mickey-shaped-cinnamon-roll-brings-classic-treat-back-main-street-bakery-magic-kingdom/

"Flaky, soft and airy" is the polar opposite of ooey gooey.  

You tell me.....look at those pictures above.  And now compare to what used to be.  

bakery-cinnamon-roll-cross-section.jpg

That mess above just looks like the typical Starbucks cinnamon roll with some Mickey ears tacked onto it.  I'll pass.  

Even Sara Lee would be ashamed of that load of crap.  Then again, she may have baked it.  

10 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

"Flaky, soft and airy" is the polar opposite of ooey gooey.  

You tell me.....look at those pictures above.  And now compare to what used to be.  

bakery-cinnamon-roll-cross-section.jpg

That mess above just looks like the typical Starbucks cinnamon roll with some Mickey ears tacked onto it.  I'll pass.  

Even Sara Lee would be ashamed of that load of crap.  Then again, she may have baked it.  

Yep.  The bun part didn't look/sound bad, but they are sorely lacking in the icing department.  Isn't that half the point of the cinnamon roll to begin with?

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yep.  The bun part didn't look/sound bad, but they are sorely lacking in the icing department.  Isn't that half the point of the cinnamon roll to begin with?

Technically that is 58.7% of the point.  The remaining 41.3% covers the ooey, the gooey, the cinnamonny goodness, and other qualities of the roll itself.  

Hmmm.... after looking at the photographical evidence I am inclined to believe that with the "new" cinnamon rolls you would be paying for more air (i.e. empty space) than the previous dessert.  Here "airy" means light in content, not necessarily in texture.