Earl of Sandwich Discounts - May 15-19

From Disney Food Blog...

Celebrate ‘British Sandwich Week’ with Discounts at Earl of Sandwich May 15-19

Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs is one of our all-time favorite sandwich spots at Disney World! And this week they’re celebrating British Sandwich Week.

Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs

Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs

As the story goes, back in 1762 John Montague, the 4th Earl of Sandwich, didn’t want to leave the card game he was playing so he asked for roasted beef between two slices of bread and the sandwich was born!

To celebrate the sandwich, Earl of Sandwich guests can enjoy $5 featured sandwiches from May 15 to May 19.

Each day a new sandwich is featured, starting with The Original 1762 on May 15. This sandwich is what the Earl ordered during his card came – Roast Beef with horseradish!

On May 16 you can get The Full Montague for just five bucks. This sandwich is a tribute to the Earl and the rest of the Montague clan and features Roasted beef, Turkey, Swiss and Cheddar Cheeses, Lettuce, Roma Tomato and Mustard Sauce.

The Full Montague at Earl of Sandwich

The Full Montague at Earl of Sandwich

On May 17 the featured sandwich is The Earl’s Club; and May 18 the featured sandwich is the Ham ‘N’ Swiss, which is one of the earliest closed-face sandwiches in history.

British Sandwich Week wraps up Friday, May 19, with the Hawaiian BBQ sandwich, which is a tribute to the discovery of the Hawaiian islands by Captain James Cook, whose travels were commissioned by the 4th Earl of Sandwich.

Hawaiian BBQ Sandwich

Hawaiian BBQ Sandwich

We can’t wait to celebrate British Sandwich Week at Earl of Sandwich!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/05/14/celebrate-british-sandwich-week-with-discounts-at-earl-of-sandwich-may-15-19/

11 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

My wife and I eat there about once every week or two.

How is business for them?

I used to make special trips to Downtown Disney just to eat at Earl of Sandwich.  I knew where to park, and how to get in and out of there painlessly.

Now that Downtown Disney is Disney Springs, there's no place to park near Earl of Sandwich, and I'd have to walk past 15 or so new restaurants that didn't used to be there just to get to EOS.  So, I haven't been there in a while.

I'm guessing that business isn't as good for them as it used to be.

TCD

15 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

How is business for them?

I used to make special trips to Downtown Disney just to eat at Earl of Sandwich.  I knew where to park, and how to get in and out of there painlessly.

Now that Downtown Disney is Disney Springs, there's no place to park near Earl of Sandwich, and I'd have to walk past 15 or so new restaurants that didn't used to be there just to get to EOS.  So, I haven't been there in a while.

I'm guessing that business isn't as good for them as it used to be.

TCD

Surprisingly, I don't see much of a drop, at least at lunch.  As usual, by 11:30 the line is pretty much around the corner by the register and out the door.  We try to get there around 10:30 for an early lunch or after 2:30.  The few times I've been by at dinner time it has been crowded, but I would assume there is still some affect from the other restaurants.

A friend of mine has attended meetings where they discuss the impact on business in that end of Disney Springs caused by the relocation of the bus stop.  The foot traffic that used to go by the Art of Disney and the Christmas store is gone, and that has affected those stores.  But Earl of Sandwich still seems to be moving along, and is still popular with guests and cast members as well.

6 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Surprisingly, I don't see much of a drop, at least at lunch.  As usual, by 11:30 the line is pretty much around the corner by the register and out the door.  We try to get there around 10:30 for an early lunch or after 2:30.  The few times I've been by at dinner time it has been crowded, but I would assume there is still some affect from the other restaurants.

A friend of mine has attended meetings where they discuss the impact on business in that end of Disney Springs caused by the relocation of the bus stop.  The foot traffic that used to go by the Art of Disney and the Christmas store is gone, and that has affected those stores.  But Earl of Sandwich still seems to be moving along, and is still popular with guests and cast members as well.

At least the Christmas and Art Shops still get some boat traffic coming from the other resorts.

6 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Good for them.

With the bus stop and self-parking gone, I wondered how that would impact them.  Not to mention all the new competition.

TCD

Here's a strange story.

I heard on the radio yesterday that all Gander Mountain stores are going out of business.

I checked online, and saw that Camping World bought Gander Mountain, and was liquidating the inventory in those stores, and that May 18th was the last day they would honor Gander Mountain gift cards.

I received a Gander Mountain gift card for Christmas this year that I never got around to using. I thought I'd use it online, but the website was not allowing online sales.

So I went there this morning.

It's ten miles from my home.

Guess what was along the road in front of Gander Mountain?

Ten miles from my home:

eos_zpsxglsuxvr.jpg

A brand new Earl of Sandwich!

I knew nothing about this.

Thanks, Gander Mountain!

TCD

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes. This new EOS is in the Westchase area, along Hillsborough.  I've been to the one at International, but this one will be much easier for me to get to.

There's also a Zaxby's there, and we don't have any of those near us either.

TCD

Do you have a Which Wich near you?

My daughters love them.

16 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Do you have a Which Wich near you?

My daughters love them.

We don't have any of those in Pinellas County.

I think we miss out on a lot of the start-up places because rents are so high here.

We didn't get a Jimmy Johns until this year!

And we have less Wa Wa's then everyone else, it seems.

The closest Which Wich for us would be Citrus Park.  We go by there occasionally, but not very often.  I'll have to check it out the next time I'm around there.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

We don't have any of those in Pinellas County.

I think we miss out on a lot of the start-up places because rents are so high here.

We didn't get a Jimmy Johns until this year!

And we have less Wa Wa's then everyone else, it seems.

The closest Which Wich for us would be Citrus Park.  We go by there occasionally, but not very often.  I'll have to check it out the next time I'm around there.

TCD

We have 3 Wa Was fairly close, 4 if I want to go a little further.

But that's part of the experience plus there lots are always clear because that is where the plow people go a lot. A little history about Wawa they were originally just a home dairy delivery company when they started out, plus my father was a driver for them so I always tell everybody I was the milkman's baby :lol: