Hey guys,

We are former APs who just entered the world of the RV with a Tiffin Allegro 38 QBA.  A couple of quick questions...

1.  What premium sites would be best for that size RV and a family of 5 with one small child (5) and 2 pets (dogs)?  We would prefer to be within a very short walking distance of the boat launch, if possible.

2. Are there non-pet friendly loops or sites?

3.  Is it necessary to reserve a premium lot for a 38' RV or would a regular site do and what are the advantages/disadvantages?

Sorry to ask these as I am sure they have been asked a million times...

Erik and Alicia

MH's of that size are in 100-200-300(preferred loops) all the time, so it's not really necessary to reserve a premium site. The biggest issue would be how much other stuff you want to set up. As to non-pet,  you find pets in every loop now days. Personally I'd spend the extra money for premium, you'll be happier.

Welcome!

The only difference between premium sites and full and preferred sites is that the premium sites have more paved area, a square picnic table, and a lid on the charcoal grill. 

Preferred and Full sites are identical in terms of layout and amenities.  The only difference is that the preferred loops, 100-300, are located closer to the Settlement area of the Fort.

I agree with the Daves- go for a premium site, and ask for 400 or 700.

Have fun!

TCD

10 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Preferred and Full sites are identical in terms of layout and amenities.  The only difference is that the preferred loops, 100-300, are located closer to the Settlement area of the Fort.

I feel like preferred are less desirable than full, except for location. Preferred are a bit smaller overall, the loop road seems to be a lot tighter, and just seem really crowded to me.

If I'm not paying for premium, I will take a full hookup over preferred any day.

5 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I feel like preferred are less desirable than full, except for location. Preferred are a bit smaller overall, the loop road seems to be a lot tighter, and just seem really crowded to me.

If I'm not paying for premium, I will take a full hookup over preferred any day.

I think that's a fair observation. 

Since the original poster is a newbie, some history might help to explain this.

Premium level loops are something relatively new, and were introduced in the 2007 time frame.

Before that, there were only 3 levels of campsites: partial, full and preferred.

Then they made the 400-1400 loops premium sites by clearing out a lot of trees and pouring a lot more concrete.  It's significant that they chose not to give the 100-300 loops the same treatment.  As Carol said, these loops are smaller and more compact, and there just isn't room to make them into premium sites without compounding the crowding issue.

TCD

3 minutes ago, chinooker said:

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the information.  We have our first trip booked for next Spring Break so we will recounting down the days! We will give the loop maps a look and make our request.  BTW, what is the earliest you can make a loop request?

You can make any requests you desire when you book the reservation. They will be noted in your file. Actual sites are not assigned until 5 days before your reservation begins, so many recommend sending a fax at 5 days out.

The fax# is:407-824-3508

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I?m really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Your name here

4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Nothing else to add except WELCOME... and never apologize for asking a question.  :)

I agree!

Ask away.

Fortfiends.net  is the only place you can ask questions about the Fort and get accurate answers.

Unfortunately, you can't call Disney and ask. The folks who answer the phones for Disney have never been to the Fort (most have never even heard of it).

The "experts" on other boards are lucky to visit the Fort once a year. But, that doesn't stop them from guessing and/or making stuff up to answer questions.

So, what other questions do you have?

TCD

I agree!

Ask away.

Fortfiends.net  is the only place you can ask questions about the Fort and get accurate answers.

Unfortunately, you can't call Disney and ask. The folks who answer the phones for Disney have never been to the Fort (most have never even heard of it).

The "experts" on other boards are lucky to visit the Fort once a year. But, that doesn't stop them from guessing and/or making stuff up to answer questions.

So, what other questions do you have?

TCD

Truth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk