Tent sizes - Partial Hookup Loops

I am going to be tent camping at Fort Wilderness this September, and as I do not currently own a tent(new camper), I would like to find out what the maximum tent size I should be looking at purchasing for a partial hookup site would be.  I know the site sizes vary and did look at the apps, but that doesn't really give me the size of the coquina pads at the back.  I am over 6 feet tall, so it would be beneficial for me to have a larger tent if possible.  Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Never really thought about it, but there should be plenty of room for most any tent under 20' X 20'. My pop up is about 20' long when open and there is no problem with it. There is one or two sites with trees in the pad that might be in the way for a very large tent.

26 minutes ago, BigTom said:

Never really thought about it, but there should be plenty of room for most any tent under 20' X 20'. My pop up is about 20' long when open and there is no problem with it. There is one or two sites with trees in the pad that might be in the way for a very large tent.

I've been looking at tents up to 14' x 14'  just for my lonesome.   Want room to move in the tent.  Got a site booked, and plan to stop off in SC or GA on my way down from VA.

We've used a 10 x 14 on the pad along with a 10 x 10 screen room and the site picnic table and have been ok .  We have a small PUP, so that stays on the paved part turned sideways.

Most of the newer style tents are OK if you don't get tent pegs in every spot, so even if you have to stretch onto the pavement you'll be fine.

4 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We've used a 10 x 14 on the pad along with a 10 x 10 screen room and the site picnic table and have been ok .  We have a small PUP, so that stays on the paved part turned sideways.

Most of the newer style tents are OK if you don't get tent pegs in every spot, so even if you have to stretch onto the pavement you'll be fine.

Thanks.  Then my only clear restrictions seems to be any other campgrounds I visit(plan a stop in Charleston or Savannah for the night, to break up my driving).

44 minutes ago, brad81380 said:

I've been looking at tents up to 14' x 14'  just for my lonesome.   Want room to move in the tent.  Got a site booked, and plan to stop off in SC or GA on my way down from VA.

A 14' x 14' tent will fit on just about any partial hookup site at the Fort with no problems whatsoever.  The narrowest sites measure at 15', but most are at least 17' wide, some much wider.

Oh, and welcome to Fort Fiends!

TCD

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

A 14' x 14' tent will fit on just about any partial hookup site at the Fort with no problems whatsoever.  The narrowest sites measure at 15', but most are at least 17' wide, some much wider.

Oh, and welcome to Fort Fiends!

TCD

Thanks for the info and the warm welcome.  I am looking to maximize my space and ability to stand.  Simple as that.

Brad

15 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I have a 15x9 that sets up fine with my 10x10  ezup S well in many places so far  

Thanks......seems like most of the sites are at least 20x20 from what I have been able to work out.  I am new to camping, so choosing equipment that works for most situations is rather difficult.

8 hours ago, brad81380 said:

Would an 18 x 10 be pushing it?  I am looking at a second tent with those dimensions.

Not for the partial loops.

The narrowest coquina pad on the 1500 loop is site 1518, which has official dimensions of 32' x 15'.  All of the rest of the sites on 1500 are wider than that, some as wide as 27'.

The narrowest coquina pad on the 2000 loop is site 2002, which has official dimensions of 32' x 14'..  All of the rest of the sites on 2000 are wider than that, some as wide as 23'.

There are a few sites on both loops where trees and/or tree roots obstruct parts of the pad.  A smaller tent would give you more flexibility to position your tent on those sites.

Also, you do need to consider whether you want to lug around and set up that big of a tent for one person.

TCD