Mobile Dining Ordering Starting

This popped up on Disney Parks Blog today.

Mobile Order Available at Pandora – The World of Avatar beginning May 27, Expanding to Other Locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Thomas Smith

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

As many of you know, a new food ordering service, Mobile Order, is debuting in Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Today, we’re thrilled to let you know that Mobile Order will be available at the park’s Satu’li Canteen restaurant on opening day – May 27 – and then expanding to Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbecue and Restaurantosaurus during the summer. And better yet, more Mobile Order fast casual and quick service locations across Walt Disney World Resort are on the way.

Mobile Order, which can be found in the My Disney Experience app, offers the added convenience of being able to place orders and purchase meals on-the-go. You select menu items, customize orders and pre-pay for meals during park visits – all within the app.

It’s easy to do. After you’ve placed your order and pre-pay in the app, and arrive at Satu’li Canteen, you’ll just tap the “I’m here” button. That will notify the kitchen to prepare your meal. When ready, you will be alerted through the app to pick up your meal at the designated window with the Mobile Order pick up sign.

You should know that during the initial launch period of Mobile Order, the only form of payment accepted will be by credit card. Anyone with special dietary restrictions, or those who want to use discounts or redeem dining plan entitlements must place their order with a cashier.

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Just in time for your visit there tomorrow!

Are you going to give it a try?

I'll bet it will work great for the preview.

TCD

I'm a little leery on mobile food ordering since it hasn't worked all that great with Portillos in Tampa.

Plus they say it's going to ready on the 27th.

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I'm a little leery on mobile food ordering since it hasn't worked all that great with Portillos in Tampa.

Plus they say it's going to ready on the 27th.

It's operating now for the Passholder previews.

But, I hear you about not trusting it.  I still think there will be problems.

Since the number of guests let in for the previews is limited, there weren't any lines to speak of at the ordering stations when we went.

TCD

On 5/17/2017 at 3:23 PM, Travisma said:

We will be dining at their Chicago area stores in another day or two. That is one of the places I ate at for years and miss not having one where we live now. I've also made sure the freezer is empty so I can bring a party pack or two home with us.

On May 17, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's operating now for the Passholder previews.

But, I hear you about not trusting it.  I still think there will be problems.

Since the number of guests let in for the previews is limited, there weren't any lines to speak of at the ordering stations when we went.

TCD

There weren't lines but service was terrible.  

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, keith_h said:

We will be dining at their Chicago area stores in another day or two. That is one of the places I ate at for years and miss not having one where we live now. I've also made sure the freezer is empty so I can bring a party pack or two home with us.

While you're there Keith, see about pulling some strings with the folks in Chicago and get us a Portillos here.  A Holly Springs location would be nice in all of that "stuff" they continue to build over there...

2 hours ago, Duane said:

While you're there Keith, see about pulling some strings with the folks in Chicago and get us a Portillos here.  A Holly Springs location would be nice in all of that "stuff" they continue to build over there...

Yeah Holly Springs would be great but it would have to be on the east side of the so called bypass (my side of town). Then again I'd be willing to compromise.

I've tried to get them interested. I think there is a large enough contingent of ex-Chicago area folks here to support one until it caught on. I not only run into strangers from there regularly but old high school classmates as well. Since they don't franchise I believe the only way to get one is to have a family member live in the area. Hmm ..... Maybe a kidnapping with a new restaurant as the ransom. B)

21 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

We used this for breakfast and dinner on Saturday. It worked great with little wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also used the mobile ordering twice over the weekend, and it worked great.

We had an issue on Saturday morning, but there were plenty of management types around to quickly resolve it, and it worked flawlessly on Monday.

Once word gets out and the managers go back to their offices, I am sure it will get a lot busier and not work as well, but for now, it's fantastic- no more standing line behind people who decide it is a good time to look at the menu after they arrive at the cash register, and no waiting for the complicated calculations, discussions and debate associated with every Dining Plan transaction.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

It seems they are expanding the mobile ordering, here is the latest:  

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/09jun2017-mobile-order-coming-soon-to-five-magic-kingdom-restaurants.htm

(article credit: wdwmagic.com)

My Disney Experience Mobile Order will be available at five Magic Kingdom restaurants this summer.

Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, Pinocchio Village Haus, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café and Columbia Harbour House will all offer the phone-based ordering system.

These extremely busy restaurants should really benefit from the new system which allows you to pay for meals on-the-go within the My Disney Experience app, bypassing the queue to order at the restaurant. Using the app, you can select menu items, customize an order and pre-pay for a meal.

Arriving at the restaurant, you'll tap an “I’m here” button in the app, which will notify the kitchen to prepare the meal. When ready, you'll be alerted through the app to pick up the meal at a designated window. Only credit card payments will initially be accepted via Mobile Order, Disney Dining Plan guests will have to use the regular line.

Mobile Order debuted at Satu'li Canteen in Pandora - The World of Avatar, and will be joined later in the summer at Animal Kingdom by Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbecue and Restaurantosaurus.

Here is a look at the Mobile Order process in Pandora.

1 hour ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I'm excited about the expansion. I hate standing behind people who can't decide what they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, Disney Dining Plan guests still can't use it.  No offense, but these guests also clog up the works when they ask the CM at the register to tell them how many credits they have left and then engage in a long discussion about what they can use their credits for.  I'm all for not having to stand behind them either.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Also, Disney Dining Plan guests still can't use it.  No offense, but these guests also clog up the works when they ask the CM at the register to tell them how many credits they have left and then engage in a long discussion about what they can use their credits for.  I'm all for not having to stand behind them either.

TCD

That is where a well designed app would come in handy. The app could parse all of the dining plan requirements for them and only show what they are eligible for. Less time for them to hold up the line. It still boggles my mind how Disney being essentially a technology company does it so poorly. 

Add another place to the app.  Here is the story about the Flame Tree BBQ

http://www.chipandco.com/disney-worlds-new-mobile-ordering-expands-include-flame-tree-barbecue-272532/

Mobile Ordering

Disney World recently rolled out it’s new Mobile Ordering feature in the My Disney Experience app. Although Pizzafari and Satu’li Canteen (both located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom) are currently the only restaurants utilizing mobile ordering; that will all change next week when Animal Kingdom‘s Flame Tree Barbecue becomes the next restaurant to include mobile ordering as an option!

On June 20th mobile ordering will expand to officially include Flame Tree Barbecue. This is just the beginning of the expansion, as Disney has announced their plans to bring mobile ordering to select quick service restaurants in Magic Kingdom.

With mobile ordering guests can place their order using the My Disney Experience app, then pick up their order at a designated pick-up window at the participating Quick Service restaurant. Please note that the only form of payment being accepted, for the mobile ordering option, is a credit card. Guests wishing to receive a discount, pay by cash, or use a Disney dining plan will need to place their orders with a cashier at the counter.

article and photo credit:  chipandco.com and Shannon

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest to be added:

http://www.chipandco.com/mobile-ordering-broadens-reach-walt-disney-world-274012/

Mobile Order

With the official opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar, six weeks ago, Disney also unveiled a new bit of technology that was welcomed by Disney foodies- the ability to order your quick service meals from your mobile phones.  Guests no longer have to brave the lines of hungry tourists and can instead use their My Disney Experience App to pre-pay for a meal, let the restaurant know when you’re ready to pick it up and when you arrive at your eatery of choice your order will be waiting for you at the pick-up window.

Mobile Order Walt Disney World

Disney World’s new Mobile Order option, was tested at Disney’s Satu’li Canteen earlier this Summer and is already winning over visitors.  So much so that Disney has already added three additional Animal Kingdom eateries to the mix: Restaurantosaurus, Pizzafari and Flame Tree Barbecue.   These locations are just the first in a phased roll-out that should see the Mobile Order options extended to the following locations across all four theme parks and Disney Springs:

• Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio Village Haus, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Tortuga Tavern, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.
  • Epcot: Liberty Inn and Electric Umbrella
  • Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary and Backlot Express
  • Animal Kingdom –  Satu’li Canteen, Flame Tree Barbecue, Restaurantosaurus and Pizzafari
  • Disney Springs: D-Luxe Burger

Visitor should note that the Mobile Order option is not currently available for guests with special dietary restrictions, guests wanting to pay in cash or those on the Disney Dining Plan.

For a quick look at how Mobile Order works using the My Disney Experience App, check out this video:

Disney hasn’t announced as of going to print when Mobile Order will be available outside of Animal Kingdom, but keep following along with Chip and Co and we promise to keep you posted!

Adding another to the menu:

http://www.chipandco.com/mobile-order-coming-magic-kingdoms-tomorrowland-terrace-starting-july-11th-274503/

Tomorrowland-Terrace-Mobile-Ordering.jpg

Disney’s new Mobile Order dining capabilities will officially be expanding out of Disney’s Animal Kingdom where it has been trialed for the last month and over to the Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland Terrace starting on July 11th.

The Mobile Order option started when the Satu’li Canteen opening at Pandora – The World of Avatar this past Memorial Day.  The service integrates with the My Disney Experience App and gives guests the option of ordering Quick Service Meals online, paying for them with a credit card, and then picking up the food at mobile order pick up windows allowing visitors to avoid the long lines.

Mobile Order has proven to be popular with Disney guests and was expanded to three other Animal Kingdom restaurants including Restaurantosaurus, Pizzafari and Flame Tree Barbecue.

Disney announced plans earlier this Summer to expand the offerings to the following locations:

• ABC Commissary (Hollywood Studios)
  • Backlot Express (Hollywood Studios)
  • Columbia Harbour House (Magic Kingdom)
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Magic Kingdom)
  • D-Luxe Burger (Disney Springs)
  • Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
  • Flame Tree Barbecue (Animal Kingdom)
  • Liberty Inn (Epcot)
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Magic Kingdom)
  • Pinocchio Village Haus (Magic Kingdom)
  • Pizzafari (Animal Kingdom)
  • Restaurantosaurus (Animal Kingdom)
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant (Magic Kingdom)
  • Tortuga Tavern (Magic Kingdom)

Tomorrowland Terrace will be the next one on the list to start offering Mobile Order and is set to go online starting July 11th.  With its central location between Main Street USA and Tomorrowland, its the perfect pit stop for guests looking to grab a quick burger, salad or sandwich.

So if you’re Magic Kingdom next week,  cut down on your wait times and give Mobile Order a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are two more additions: 

http://www.chipandco.com/mobile-order-adds-two-locations-walt-disney-world-276483/

pinocchio-village-haus-gallery00-600x338

Walt Disney World continues to expand the Mobile Order Food & Beverage service for the convenience of park guests. Next week will see the addition of two Magic Kingdom quick service locations to the list of restaurants that offer Mobile Order. Pinocchio Village Haus will begin offering Mobile Order on July 24 and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe will follow the next day.

You can now use Mobile Order at the following Walt Disney World locations:

• Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
  • D-Luxe Burger
  • Flame Tree Barbecue
  • Pizzafari
  • Restaurantosaurus
  • Satu’li Canteen
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant

mobile-order-281x500.png

Mobile Order allows guests the convenience of reviewing menus and placing food orders from the convenience of their smart phones. Guests simply access the service through the My Disney Experience app. Once the app is opened, the steps are pretty easy to place your order.

• Tap on your character, then scroll to “My Plans” and press the “Order Food” button.
  • Select “Dining” from the top of the app, select the restaurant you want and press “Order Food.”
  • Once your order is complete, you pay from the convenience of your phone. Currently, Mobile Order is only accepting Credit and Debit cards. Other forms of payment, including dining plans, would have to be ordered in person.

Upon arrival at the restaurants, guests then open the My Disney Experience app and select “I’m Here, Prepare My Order.” When your food is ready you will receive a notification from the app and you will gather your food from the “Mobile Food Pick up” area.

Add Columbia Harbour House to the list:

http://www.chipandco.com/columbia-harbour-house-will-add-mobile-order-july-31-277066/

chh
Columbia Harbour House inside Magic Kingdom is the next restaurant to add Mobile Order service. This quick service location is expected to begin offering Mobile Order on Monday, July 31.

Columbia Harbour House is located in Liberty Square near the Haunted Mansion. This great quick service restaurant offers a variety of seafood selections including small tasty lobster rolls as well as a chicken pot pie and shrimp macaroni and cheese. If you are looking for a way to save money on food, this location ranks high on the list. Combo platters offer plenty of food and are perfect for sharing.

Disney World Mobile Ordering

Current Mobile Order locations include:

Magic Kingdom:

• Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Tomorrowland)
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Frontierland)
  • Pinocchio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant (Tomorrowland)
  • Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square) – coming July 31

Animal Kingdom:

• Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)
  • Pizzafari (Discovery Island)
  • Restaurantosaurus (DinoLand U.S.A.)
  • Satu’li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar)

Disney Springs:

• D-Luxe Burger (Town Center)

Mobile Order allows guests the convenience of reviewing menus and placing food orders from the convenience of their smart phones. Guests simply access the service through the My Disney Experience app. Once the app is opened, the steps are pretty easy to place your order.

Mobile Order currently is not available for any of the dining plans, but hopefully that will change soon.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/02aug2017-mobile-order-debuts-at-epcot-quick-service-restaurants.htm

Mobile Order is now available at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot's Future World.

The rollout at Epcot will then continue with the Liberty Inn on August 7 2017.

Mobile Order allows you to pay for meals on-the-go within the My Disney Experience app, bypassing the queue to order at the restaurant. Using the app, you can select menu items, customize an order and pre-pay for a meal.

Arriving at the restaurant, you'll tap an “I’m here” button in the app, which will notify the kitchen to prepare the meal. When ready, you'll be alerted through the app to pick up the meal at a designated window. Only credit card payments will initially be accepted via Mobile Order, Disney Dining Plan guests and those wishing to use a discount will have to use the regular line.

Mobile Order is currently available at Electric Umbrella, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café, Pinocchio Village Haus, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, Tomorrowland Terrace, Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu'li Canteen and D-Luxe Burger.

• 4 months later...

I've been meaning to report back on a recent change they're implemented with the mobile ordering.

At the Satu'li Canteen in Animal Kingdom, they funnel all mobile order guests into the pick-up line.  Everyone in the party has to go in that line. They used to let you in to sit down and wait for your notification to go to the pick up window.  Now, everyone in the party has to wait in the line, and you are only allowed in the seating area with your food order.

I'm sure they've implemented this because of crowding issues, but it makes the mobile ordering less attractive.  The last time I went, the line for mobile ordering pick-up was longer than the lines at the regular registers.

TCD

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've been meaning to report back on a recent change they're implemented with the mobile ordering.

At the Satu'li Canteen in Animal Kingdom, they funnel all mobile order guests into the pick-up line.  Everyone in the party has to go in that line. They used to let you in to sit down and wait for your notification to go to the pick up window.  Now, everyone in the party has to wait in the line, and you are only allowed in the seating area with your food order.

I'm sure they've implemented this because of crowding issues, but it makes the mobile ordering less attractive.  The last time I went, the line for mobile ordering pick-up was longer than the lines at the regular registers.

TCD

. It was probably just the newness of the place. And hopefully it won’t always be so crowded there. But it seems like they could use some more seating in the area especially since it’s the only place to eat in Pandora.Thanks for the update. When we were there in June it seemed like it took 10 minutes of walking around to find a table to sit at. It was probably just the newness of the place. And hopefully it won’t always be so crowded there. But it seems like they could use some more seating in the area especially since it’s the only place to eat in Pandora.