Favorite Pit-stop around Tifton/Valdosta???

Making our first trip next weekend. Two adults, three kids and two dogs :blink: pulling a 32' T.T. from ATL.

I'm going to plan ambitiously and hope to make one stop in the Tifton / Valdosta for potty/strectch,food etc.

Does anyone have a favorite stop in that area that they can recommend???

Thanks!

There are several good places to stop in Tifton....Chikfila, Cracker Barrel, etc. Use google maps with satellite view to check out the parking lots if you are worried about parking. Since our rig is about 60' long bumper to bumper, we typically try to stop at a truck stop with a decent fast food restaurant in it. Combining fuel and food stops saves a bunch of time, and I don't have to worry about getting blocked in.

That is the area I dislike the most on our trip down. We never have enough gas to get to Valdosta and the Tifton Pilot to us seems a little shady. We normally fill up right north of ATL and we are at the edge of my comfort zone when we hit Tifton. Then again I use Pilots only so I can get my good sam discount and use the charge card we have with them for the truck lanes. Makes life simple.

2 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

That is the area I dislike the most on our trip down. We never have enough gas to get to Valdosta and the Tifton Pilot to us seems a little shady. We normally fill up right north of ATL and we are at the edge of my comfort zone when we hit Tifton. Then again I use Pilots only so I can get my good sam discount and use the charge card we have with them for the truck lanes. Makes life simple.

Sorry that I don't have an answer to the question above, but I was wondering about the Pilot discount.  Do you have to have a special Good Sam credit card or does it work with the membership card?  What is discounted?  Thanks.

4 hours ago, kadancer said:

Sorry that I don't have an answer to the question above, but I was wondering about the Pilot discount.  Do you have to have a special Good Sam credit card or does it work with the membership card?  What is discounted?  Thanks.

Good Sam members get a few cents off per gallon. It isnt much. I have noticed that some of the Pilots the Good Sam card doesnt work in and others it does. I think it is like .02 or .03 cents off per gallon. Since I carry the membership for other things the extra few cents off per gallon is nice. When I got my Pilot RV credit card I had to have the Good Sam membership. Not sure if it is still that way or not.

The only reason I got the credit card for Pilot is to start the Truck Diesel pumps without having to go inside and prepay. Those pumps dont always take Visa/MC.

5 hours ago, kadancer said:

Do you have to have a special Good Sam credit card or does it work with the membership card?  What is discounted?  Thanks.

You need a Pilot RV Plus card.  https://www.rvpluscard.com/

" Discounts of at least $.05 off every gallon of gas and $.08 off every gallon of diesel in the United States."

The down side to this card is at the end of the billing period you can not send them a check.  You must link your bank account and pay with an electronic funds transfer.

There are a few "franchise" Pilot location that do not honor the full discount, but I get at least something off at every Pilot.

10 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Good Sam members get a few cents off per gallon. It isnt much. I have noticed that some of the Pilots the Good Sam card doesnt work in and others it does. I think it is like .02 or .03 cents off per gallon. Since I carry the membership for other things the extra few cents off per gallon is nice. When I got my Pilot RV credit card I had to have the Good Sam membership. Not sure if it is still that way or not.

The only reason I got the credit card for Pilot is to start the Truck Diesel pumps without having to go inside and prepay. Those pumps dont always take Visa/MC.

We typically stop at the Pilot in Tifton and in Ocala on the way down and back home.  Both are decent stops with easy in/out.  Neither require a special credit card to start the pumps.... we just use our Disney Visa ^_^     We use the diesel truck pumps (love how fast those suckers fill up your tank!).

19 hours ago, SunBum said:

Making our first trip next weekend. Two adults, three kids and two dogs :blink: pulling a 32' T.T. from ATL.

I'm going to plan ambitiously and hope to make one stop in the Tifton / Valdosta for potty/strectch,food etc.

Does anyone have a favorite stop in that area that they can recommend???

Thanks!

How large is your tank and when are you traveling?  Kudos to you, if you can make it with one fill-up; that's awesome!  Our tank is only 26 gallons, which stinks.  In all our trips, we've only had one trip where Tom filled up, before we hitched up.... we hit NO traffic (what??!! Crazy!) and the winds were in our favor.  That one trip we were able to stop only once for diesel and coast into the driveway on fumes.   Every other times, we've stopped twice (this was pulling a 32' TT with two kiddos and one dog).  We will either leave between 3a-4a to get into The Fort by noon (it is a 9 hour drive with basic traffic... it's taken us 11+ to get home before) or we leave after work the night before and stop for the night for an early arrival at The Fort, the next day.

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

How large is your tank and when are you traveling?  Kudos to you, if you can make it with one fill-up; that's awesome!  Our tank is only 26 gallons, which stinks.  In all our trips, we've only had one trip where Tom filled up, before we hitched up.... we hit NO traffic (what??!! Crazy!) and the winds were in our favor.  That one trip we were able to stop only once for diesel and coast into the driveway on fumes.   Every other times, we've stopped twice (this was pulling a 32' TT with two kiddos and one dog).  We will either leave between 3a-4a to get into The Fort by noon (it is a 9 hour drive with basic traffic... it's taken us 11+ to get home before) or we leave after work the night before and stop for the night for an early arrival at The Fort, the next day.

My tank is 40+ gallons, thank goodness. I get over 700 miles from a tank when not towing. Not exactly sure pulling the T.T., we'll see ?.

Where you coming from? I'm curious about the 9 hours and would like to gauge our expected travel time.

18 hours ago, tim5055 said:

You need a Pilot RV Plus card.  https://www.rvpluscard.com/

" Discounts of at least $.05 off every gallon of gas and $.08 off every gallon of diesel in the United States."

The down side to this card is at the end of the billing period you can not send them a check.  You must link your bank account and pay with an electronic funds transfer.

There are a few "franchise" Pilot location that do not honor the full discount, but I get at least something off at every Pilot.

Thanks for the info.

19 hours ago, SunBum said:

My tank is 40+ gallons, thank goodness. I get over 700 miles from a tank when not towing. Not exactly sure pulling the T.T., we'll see ?.

Where you coming from? I'm curious about the 9 hours and would like to gauge our expected travel time.

I would imagine with 40 gallons, you'll make it just fine ^_^  

We're in the Mableton/Austell area... we get onto I20, next to Six Flags.   The trip where we hit no traffic, the wind was pushing our back and we made only one gas stop (probably a 20 minute stop)...that was the one trip we made it home is just over 8 hours.  Every other trip has been 9 (we've made around 10 visits since purchasing our first RV in 2014).