8 hours ago, Travisma said:

Interesting how they got a camera in.  Both times I went they warned recordings were not allowed and told one person to remove his Go-Pro.  But TCD did say he held his camera and didn't get told to put it away.

Based on my limited experience with the ride, they are relying on CM's to inform guests of the photography policy. There are no signs posted that I saw.  Photography restrictions are not mentioned in the two lengthy pre-show videos.  So, all it takes is one CM to forget to make the announcement, and you've got someone with a camera recording the whole thing.

TCD

27 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Wow!  Looks awesome.  Too bad me and my big butt will never get to try it.  The ride is longer than I thought but I bet it seems short when you are on the ride.  

The ride doesn't feel too short.  It really is a good length. The video obviously cannot convey the movement of the ride vehicle and the special effects.  It's very well done.

TCD

3 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I don't want to watch the video before I ride.... thoughts on an 8 year old riding that rides every Disney ride except ToT?

My 8 year old granddaughter got herself worked up and started having a meltdown when we were in the first pre-flight room.  It continued on and off into the second room and while getting seated onto the banshee.  Now this is a child that has ridden all the Disney rides with out an issue.

Once the ride started, she was the one laughing and screaming the loudest in the room, and couldn't stop talking about it afterwards.

Will watching the video ruin the ride?  Possibly.  It may take away some of the surprises, but it will also allow you to looks for interesting items during the show that you might miss on the first ride or second or third...

We were on the bottom left (seats 1-8) the first ride, and on the top tier 3 right hand (seats 9-16) on the second.  To me (and maybe it was my imagination) the perspective changed between the two viewings.  I thought on one scene we came in on the left, the second time we came in from the right.

I  was wondering how awkward the ride restraints feel and how close together the ride vehicles are.  We are hesitant to try it with my son without knowing that someone can have physical contact with him as needed.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.  It is has been great to "tag-along."

You are sitting down kind of crouched forward like a 10 speed bike.  You can sit up but your arms on resting/holding onto bars in front of you mostly.  There is a back brace that comes up and holds you in place, and a leg restraint on each side ( a flat bar) that kind of holds you leg in place.  neither brace was really tight or confining to me.  I'm 6 foot about 225 with about a 40 inch waist.  Your chest is up against a curved rest in the front.  I think with women (I can ask my wife) it would be below your breast area. There were plates along the insides of your lower leg that on occasions moved in and out, possibly the Banshee breathing?

The next rider is probably at least 2 feet away, maybe more.  I don't know if you would be able to reach out to the person next to you unless they tried to reach you also.

Sorry I can't be more specific, 

25 minutes ago, kadancer said:

I  was wondering how awkward the ride restraints feel and how close together the ride vehicles are.  We are hesitant to try it with my son without knowing that someone can have physical contact with him as needed.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.  It is has been great to "tag-along."

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

The next rider is probably at least 2 feet away, maybe more.  I don't know if you would be able to reach out to the person next to you unless they tried to reach you also.

I am going to disagree with the quoted part of Travisma's reply.

Both times I rode, I could easily touch the guests on either side of me to tap them on the shoulder and point to something.

One thing to note- on our second ride, as a party of 4, we ended up in two separate rooms for the actual ride.  Two in each room.  We were all in the preshow room together, and didn't know that we'd be separated like that until we got to the room with the ride vehicles- which only hold 8 guests per room.  I don't know why the CM did that, as there was a party of two in the room with us that could have been placed in the other room so the 4 of us would have been together.  So, if you want to be with your kid, make sure you ask that you are placed in the same room.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Both times I rode, I could easily touch the guests on either side of me to tap them on the shoulder and point to something.

One thing to note- on our second ride, as a party of 4, we ended up in two separate rooms for the actual ride.  Two in each room.  We were all in the preshow room together, and didn't know that we'd be separated like that until we got to the room with the ride vehicles- which only hold 8 guests per room.  I don't know why the CM did that, as there was a party of two in the room with us that could have been placed in the other room so the 4 of us would have been together.  So, if you want to be with your kid, make sure you ask that you are placed in the same room.

TCD

That's why I wasn't sure.  I was more focused on getting ready to go, then when the show started my full concentration was on that. 

That was odd they split your party.

18 hours ago, Beckers said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is gonna make me nauseous but I'd risk it.

Nope I don't think I can - just the video makes my stomach churn - add to that the discussions about the restraints and if I felt I couldn't "get free" i would be afraid of having a melt-down

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Thank you for the info.  If we can tap a shoulder, that is usually enough contact.  Hoping he can do it, because he is my thrill seeker...