Changes to certain hours things are happening

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I've seen posts where they have 5 outfit changes a day.  Wonder how that works out for them when they are spending most of the day at a park or trying to get back to their hotels on overcrowded buses?

No need for overcrowded buses.  They can simply rent one of those private cabanas, or they can pay for the new car service they are going to roll out.

If you have the money, they have the scheme.

TCD

I wouldn't be surprised it they built some sort of elevated viewing platform right in the middle of the Hub for paying guests to get a great view, and the heck with non paying guest that will have their view blocked by a new structure.

I'm kidding (hopefully) but that is why I dislike the extra charge items Disney is pushing.  

If people can afford these extras, them let them line Disney's pockets with even more $$$, but don't take the space or previous amenities away from your average Joe and Jane.

Build them a separate viewing area for the Desert parties, bring in a special boat for the Ice Cream Social, make sure there are enough buses running for the normal customers before diverting ones to the Express Program, etc.

They could build view platforms above either side of Main Street.

32 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I wouldn't be surprised it they built some sort of elevated viewing platform right in the middle of the Hub for paying guests to get a great view, and the heck with non paying guest that will have their view blocked by a new structure.

I'm kidding (hopefully) but that is why I dislike the extra charge items Disney is pushing.  

If people can afford these extras, them let them line Disney's pockets with even more $$$, but don't take the space or previous amenities away from your average Joe and Jane.

Build them a separate viewing area for the Desert parties, bring in a special boat for the Ice Cream Social, make sure there are enough buses running for the normal customers before diverting ones to the Express Program, etc.

They could build view platforms above either side of Main Street.

You are thinking like a gouged customer- not a Disney executive.

You should know by now how they feel about AP holders.  They have your money.  You can come or you can not. They don't care.

What they want is the big bucks from the suckers who will pay for dessert parties and other "special" experiences.  Making things worse for regular park guests helps drive business to these profit makers.

TCD

On 5/23/2017 at 0:27 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree with renting the viewing boxes.

But, let's have two or three different heights for the boxes.  That way guests can one-up each other.

And, they could also rope-off some area and make it a no Kids on Shoulders zone.  Maybe charge $25 to enter the No KOS area?

TCD

Why do I have The Sneetches playing in my head?   "The star bellied Sneetches had stars upon thars." 

22 hours ago, Travisma said:

And your kids $ and grandkids $ and the next 5 generations $ to pay for your trip now!

Disney makes you feel like you're the biggest loser if you don't buy and do every add on they throw at you.

I know we are lucky to live nearby, have AP's and can spread out doing things, but reading some of the FB posts from people that are planning their trips is both sad and comical.

They are having meltdowns because they could only book 4 of the character meals and they need 6, or they can't squeeze in a visit to Bippity Bobbity, because they have 2 planned character meals and the fireworks desert party scheduled that day.

It makes you wonder how much of this they are dong for the kids or how much they are doing for bragging rights to their mom circles.

I've seen posts where they have 5 outfit changes a day.  Wonder how that works out for them when they are spending most of the day at a park or trying to get back to their hotels on overcrowded buses?

I had to get out of one of the WDW Facebook sites.  It was mind boggling what people were doing. 

Don't get me wrong, we like Disney, we must if we keep purchasing AP's.

But we aren't consumed by Disney, we have a real life. I like a lot of the various items for sale, but have to think, do I really want to spend $XXX on a T-shirt or whatever when I have other obligations.

Again, being within a quick drive, it's not a once in every few years trip, so we don't have to go crazy buying every item in sight or book every dining experience and have a meltdown if we can't get one.

I guess that's one of the reasons APs get treated like second class citizens, because we don't get suckered into every $$$ scheme Disney comes up with.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

I guess that's one of the reasons APs get treated like second class citizens, because we don't get suckered into every $$$ scheme Disney comes up with.

Bingo!

Disney likes AP money.

But it  LOVES newbie money WAY more.  There's a lot of profit to be made from unsuspecting suckers who will blindly shell out for all of the money grabbing schemes like dessert parties, paid transportation, meal plans, in-park cabanas, tours, and on and on.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

There's a lot of profit to be made from unsuspecting suckers who will blindly shell out for all of the money grabbing schemes like dessert parties, paid transportation, meal plans, in-park cabanas, tours

Heh, done it, not done it, done it, not done it, done it. 3 out of 5 isn't bad.

• 1 month later...

Very interesting!

Magic Kingdom to test earlier closing on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party event nights

34 minutes ago in "Magic Kingdom"

Forums Tweet Share Shar

Disney is testing revised operating hours on Magic Kingdom Party nights this year in an attempt to improve the arrival experience for party guests.

On nights where the Magic Kingdom is hosting Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, the park will close this year at 6pm to day guests.

The party will begin as normal at 7pm, but only guests with tickets to the party will be able to ride attractions after 6pm. Day guests will be able to shop and dine until 7pm however.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party will not be using the revised hours, and will continue to close at 7pm for day guests.

View operating hours at the Magic Kingdom.

Discuss on the Forums
Article Posted: Jun 28, 2017 / 3:13pm EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/28jun2017-magic-kingdom-to-test-earlier-closing-on-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-event-nights.htm