Pandora Dedication Ceremony Time Change !!!

Things have changed with the live stream

#DisneyParksLIVE Will Stream Pandora – The World of Avatar Dedication Live May 24 at 8:10 a.m. ET

UPDATE: Due to weather, this live stream will take place at 8:10 a.m. ET

Are you excited as we are for the grand opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar on May 27? This Wednesday, May 24, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will host a very special dedication moment for this new land – and our #DisneyParksLIVE cameras will be there to live stream the amazing moment!

29 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I watched it.

A lot of hoopla.  I still don't get why we have humans playing on Na'vi musical instruments and waving around sacred Na'vi art on sticks.

I thought cultural misappropriation wasn't cool.

TCD

Cause it would cost too much to build Na'vi animatronics?

Or humans painted blue would look more like Smurfs than Na'vi!

How'd you like Joe's earring hanging down to his shoulder?

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I wasn't that impressed with it.

It was nice that the unwashed masses got to see what previously only invited guests would see, but it was kind of anticlimactic.

Sure it was anticlimactic.  But, we only got to see that little glimpse of what the VIP's have gotten to see and will see all day.  At the end of Iger's speech, the MC told the crowd that there would be a performance at the drum circle.  He also invited them to go and get something to eat. I'm sure they won't have the long lines and slow service that you got when you visited.

And, they are closing the whole flippin' park early for them.  They will be the first to see the bioluminescence we have heard so much about.

TCD

33 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Sure it was anticlimactic.  But, we only got to see that little glimpse of what the VIP's have gotten to see and will see all day.  At the end of Iger's speech, the MC told the crowd that there would be a performance at the drum circle.  He also invited them to go and get something to eat. I'm sure they won't have the long lines and slow service that you got when you visited.

And, they are closing the whole flippin' park early for them.  They will be the first to see the bioluminescence we have heard so much about.

TCD

I heard him say about the drums, and I saw them all herding towards the canteen.

Videos of the interactive drum circle are starting to post.

This is way worse than I imagined.  Makes me miss Mulch, Sweat and Shears:

This seriously makes no sense.  Who are these people supposed to be, and why are they on another planet banging on drums that belong to the natives there?

This mess is smack in the middle of the new land- you cannot avoid it.

How is this OK?

TCD

17 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This seriously makes no sense.  Who are these people supposed to be, and why are they on another planet banging on drums that belong to the natives there?

How is this OK?

TCD

Maybe they've "gone native"?

On 5/24/2017 at 0:04 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

How is this OK?

TCD

I have no words...

How could they think this is a good idea?

On another note, I'm pretty sure the lady is also a drummer in Japan at Epcot.

WBI

The more I see and hear of Pandora, the less I'm impressed and motivated to visit. I caught a quote from Jon Landau saying his hope is that visitors will leave Pandora with eyes opened to see their world different. As an environmental professional forgive my frustration with assimilating fantasy and science fiction with reality and Science.  It's tough to draw accurate narratives and world views through the lenses of fiction. I question why Avatar World is even in AK to begin with.

47 minutes ago, Tuke said:

The more I see and hear of Pandora, the less I'm impressed and motivated to visit. I caught a quote from Jon Landau saying his hope is that visitors will leave Pandora with eyes opened to see their world different. As an environmental professional forgive my frustration with assimilating fantasy and science fiction with reality and Science.  It's tough to draw accurate narratives and world views through the lenses of fiction. I question why Avatar World is even in AK to begin with.

It's a beautiful land what are you supposed to get out of that? It's pretty.. 

If it was a land like how Earth was in Wall*e all covered in trash and inhabitable then maybe people would think differently. But Pandora looks beautiful, what is there to take away from them? not sure I get what Jon Landau was going for either.

In one of the holding rooms the video tells how man almost destroyed Pandora with their mining operations.

They also talk about certain species that are important to the ecological balance on Earth, then start talking about how the Banshees are the same way on Pandora.

I imagine they wanted Pandora in AK to give it an attendance boost, and even though it's on an alien world, it's all centered around nature (even though it's all make believe).

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

In one of the holding rooms the video tells how man almost destroyed Pandora with their mining operations.

They also talk about certain species that are important to the ecological balance on Earth, then start talking about how the Banshees are the same way on Pandora.

I imagine they wanted Pandora in AK to give it an attendance boost, and even though it's on an alien world, it's all centered around nature (even though it's all make believe).

And I get that it's all earthy and nature centered but have a problem when conclusions are drawn, solutions are proposed, and essentially propaganda is disseminated, especially to children, based on fantasy and fiction. Evidence certainly would not suggests that Disney believes by any imagination their own story line being sold here. IMO Pandora brings a warped view and politicization of the AK that previously was much more subdued.

On 5/26/2017 at 10:29 AM, WannaBeImagineer said:

I have no words...

How could they think this is a good idea?

On another note, I'm pretty sure the lady is also a drummer in Japan at Epcot.

WBI

I agree, pretty sure we have also seen her in Japan. I much prefer that performance to this one but maybe it's better in person?

On 5/26/2017 at 1:29 PM, Tuke said:

And I get that it's all earthy and nature centered but have a problem when conclusions are drawn, solutions are proposed, and essentially propaganda is disseminated, especially to children, based on fantasy and fiction. Evidence certainly would not suggests that Disney believes by any imagination their own story line being sold here. IMO Pandora brings a warped view and politicization of the AK that previously was much more subdued.

Haven't you gotten the heavy-handed message enough times to fully embrace it yet?

Man is bad.

Nature is good. (Even though Nature regularly destroys life and landscape on a scale far greater than Man has ever done...)

Once you learn to repeat the Pravda, I promise you life will be far easier   ;)B)