Need recommendations for 1500 loop

Fort Fiend Friends, my family will be taking a trip to Ft Wilderness this year and I am wondering if you all have recommendations about good sites in the 1500 loop. We will be in a PU. I would like to be close to a comfort station, but not directly next door to it, with good shade trees so we can set up a tarp over the PU (we have a leak), somewhat private, not close to the main road because we have two young kids, and I would prefer not to back up to water. Tall order! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I would say around 1504 to about 1510 or so. I am not sure which sites it starts to curve right toward the canal but it is about halfway.   Or look at the site and check the numbers that it says they are on the left - the inside of the loop.  I understand your preferences and am glad they don't "interfere" with ours - we always ask for 1500 and 1520 in particular!    Welcome to the Cottontail Curl loving family!!!   

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

We have a PU, 4 kids (5, 7, 13, 14) and would like to be near the bathrooms and entrance but not exposed or close to our neighbor.  We have the app with the site pictures but does anyone have a map of the loop with the site numbers?  Also, my sister will be joining us and renting an RV in 1600 so we would like to be close to them as well.  Is there a site that joins with a 1600 site?  Our trip isn't until April and I already booked it so I'm hoping we can get the site we want.

14 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Hello, 

We have a PU, 4 kids (5, 7, 13, 14) and would like to be near the bathrooms and entrance but not exposed or close to our neighbor.  We have the app with the site pictures but does anyone have a map of the loop with the site numbers?  Also, my sister will be joining us and renting an RV in 1600 so we would like to be close to them as well.  Is there a site that joins with a 1600 site?  Our trip isn't until April and I already booked it so I'm hoping we can get the site we want.

Beginning of the loop on the outside (right hand side) back up to the next loop over which is 1600.  There is a path from both loops that runs in front of the comfort station which is near the front of the loop. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Thanks!  I found videos that drove around the loops calling out the site numbers.  I think I will take 1504 and my sister can get 1630.  It looks like 1630 is the RV on the right.

The fort doesn't take site reservations per say.

All you do is reserve a class of site, partial, premium, etc.

About 5 days out you can send a fax telling them what you would like, but there are no guarantees that you will get any of your selections.

Now if you link your reservations together, that may help getting you closer together.