The calm quiet fort of the early week is now a distant memory. I've witnessed various forms of asshattery this evening including:

Full on Latino karaoke in the street at 10pm with music blaring 

Carts honking air horns and driving the wrong way on loops.

Beer can pyramids in the street.

Passed out folks on tables.

And basically ever other form of rude and inconsiderate behavior. 

Security needs to tighten up

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes and no.... The Fort is a FAMILY oriented facility and should be run and enforced as such. Sure, your neighbors should have enough common sense and decency to know better than dropping F-

I've found, it's how you express frustration that (sometimes) yields the best results.  Simply walking up to the front desk or calling the 800# is (simply put) lazy and typically results in small resu

Of course it's all about the $$.  It's been that way since they wrapped Walt's head in tin foil and tossed it in the freezer. Heck yes it's true.  There's a pinned thread with hundreds of pages

Not that it would do any good, but I would be up at the outpost the next morning demanding to see the manager with a complaint.  And if he/she didn't seem helpful, I would request a meeting with their boss.  In Disney's eyes, IMHO, it's not just the money (although it seems like it at times), it's protecting the brand and image.  Being party central is not consistent with "Family", or Walt's ideals.  My 2 cents.

9 minutes ago, PghBob said:

Not that it would do any good, but I would be up at the outpost the next morning demanding to see the manager with a complaint.  And if he/she didn't seem helpful, I would request a meeting with their boss.  In Disney's eyes, IMHO, it's not just the money (although it seems like it at times), it's protecting the brand and image.  Being party central is not consistent with "Family", or Walt's ideals.  My 2 cents.

I agree. If they were next to us I would make a lot of calls to security. Then if no action I would start calling Orange County. I think deputies rolling up to the gate would get Disney moving.

3 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I agree. If they were next to us I would make a lot of calls to security. Then if no action I would start calling Orange County. I think deputies rolling up to the gate would get Disney moving.

4 hours ago, PghBob said:

I would agree with both of you, but with the amount of indifference I saw from cast members last week, and the tolerance of profane language and attire, I'm starting to think that it is all about the $$.  For us, the experience was just simply not the same. A little sad really. 

4 hours ago, PghBob said:

We had a bad experience in the 2000 loop a while back.  Before we checked out I went to see a manager. Took a few minutes, but eventually spoke with one.  They ended up comping us 1 night.

Same issue, multiple people on various sites,  kids being wild all weekend, destroying the comfort station, screaming yelling until after midnight.

31 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Same issue, multiple people on various sites,  kids being wild all weekend, destroying the comfort station, screaming yelling until after midnight.

Many here have had the same experience, some multiple times.

And it's almost always the same story: Large groups of mostly unrelated people.

It's not just one kind of group either, I have seen bad behaviour from Church Groups, Boy Scout Groups, and others.

This issue would go away if the Fort would just require everyone to obey the same rules and if there is a problem your group isn't allowed back.

Even better would be to require large groups to rent a group site (isn't that what they are for??).

Instead, Disney allows them to rent multiple single sites (making it even harder for families to get one) and then treat them as if it was their own private party area.

Until Disney decides to finally enforce the rules evenly regardless of the size of your group (size of the checkbook in other words...) these issues will keep on happening and family campers will pay the price..... literally and figuratively  :(

5 hours ago, Travisma said:

We had a bad experience in the 2000 loop a while back.  Before we checked out I went to see a manager. Took a few minutes, but eventually spoke with one.  They ended up comping us 1 night.

Its nice that they would comp a day, but comping a day doesn't return the lost family time that one comes to expect from Disney.  

Calling the cops wouldn't help.  You call the cops and the cops call Disney and still nothing happens.  If I was at the fort and issues like this went on for a whole weekend or longer I'd document it, photo, video and such while notifying security and document their reprocess and then turn everything over to the media.  A little bad press and Disney would quickly fix the issue.

Right now its a in house problem, no one outside the direct fort and this board are aware of the issues.  A 30sec story with a big YouTube news outlet, or even mainstream media and suddenly its priority #1 to get it resolved.  Remember how fast the fencing went up around the lakes?

I heard two rumors the other day and don't know if they are true 

1. I hear people will reserve a campsite at the fort just to get access to magic bands,    Advance dinner reservations and fast passes.  Then they never show up for the reservation.  That's the rumor why you will see empty sites at prime times

2. Have you ever seen a site with vehicles, items on the picnic tables but no tents or campers. I have and people now say large family or friend groups will get a site together for the above items and also access to the pool and transportation 

I declare this BS if true.  I can see it happening forcing us good campers who are there for the kids and the camping experience not the boozing and brawling of college fraternity members.  I would like to take Lone Stars side on this and not camp at the holidays but that's when the kids are out of school.  It's about the bottom line dollars. As much as many of you say no, it is. We were at Epcot yesterday and was amazed at the lackadaisical CM with trash all over the park, rides that are filthy and unkept and Judy basically the fun down look. For some reason my daughter loves the ride the land. Talk about a cool educational ride that could be so much better with a little pressure washing, paint and new lighting.  It's actually embarrassing these days to showcase this ride as something Disney is proud of.  People need to stop giving into Disney (including) me.  

59 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

I heard two rumors the other day and don't know if they are true 

1. I hear people will reserve a campsite at the fort just to get access to magic bands,    Advance dinner reservations and fast passes.  Then they never show up for the reservation.  That's the rumor why you will see empty sites at prime times

2. Have you ever seen a site with vehicles, items on the picnic tables but no tents or campers. I have and people now say large family or friend groups will get a site together for the above items and also access to the pool and transportation 

Number One is called "Phantom Sites" and has been discussed here and has even been promoted by one or more TA's as a relatively cheap way for their clients to Rent property Off-site, but still get all of the benefits of staying On-site. The 10 people-per-site at the Fort is what makes this so attractive for them.

As to how much of a problem this is has been debated here and on FB but there seems to be no question that it happens.

Number Two is a variation of Phantom Sites also used by off-site groups but instead of never using it, they will descend on the Fort to park, cookout, use the pool, campfire/movie, boats to the MK, etc etc but never have any intention of staying the night.

Sometimes those sites are also used by Groups that are staying overnight at the Fort, but they use one site for group meals and extra parking, but sleep on their other sites.

All of this could be easily solved if Disney wanted to.  The problem is that they seem to not care how the site is used or even if the site is used at all as long as someone is paying for it.

I don't see how Disney could enforce a you must use the site for camping rule. How would they know if the people are or aren't using the site. There are no restrictions of when you can enter or leave the campground and for all they know you might be sleeping in a hammock or your car. I also don't see why they would care. They've been paid for the site so why care whether someone is physically occupying it. In fact it actually makes them a bit more profit when someone doesn't due to no utility usage.

The only way I can see to greatly reduce or stop the practices is to make the cost of the Fort too high to make these practices worthwhile. That could be done by raising the cost sites but none of us want to see that. The other is to offer a preferred service fee that gives the people most of the early access programs that you get as a resort guest. If the fee is slightly less than the Fort's campsite rate it would incent the phantom site folks to use the service over wasting a site. As far as the pool and campfire goes, freeloaders will always be an issue as long as the Fort management turns a blind eye to the practice. If they start enforcing MB entry then I'd have no problems if someone rented a site to only to get resort access as it still controls the crowd size.

I arrived to the 2000 loop on the 23rd and it was nearly empty and so quiet. It was sort of nice and sort of creepy. When I woke up on the 26th it was packed. I heard a lady on the phone arguing with her sons father and learned more than I wanted to until 2AM. There were a group of young kids who screamed around the loop over and over and over.  Someone was partying on a golf cart at 1AM and literally blew the horn around the loop over and over. There was one site that had 6 tents set up!!! Multiple cars parked on the Gras yada yada...Even during christmas, I had never experienced blatant disregard for other campers and rules. I didn't complain because I am sure they had already heard it. I also know that it is part of the "experience" when we choose to go on a holiday. 

3 hours ago, keith_h said:

I don't see how Disney could enforce a you must use the site for camping rule. How would they know if the people are or aren't using the site. There are no restrictions of when you can enter or leave the campground and for all they know you might be sleeping in a hammock or your car. I also don't see why they would care. They've been paid for the site so why care whether someone is physically occupying it. In fact it actually makes them a bit more profit when someone doesn't due to no utility usage.

The only way I can see to greatly reduce or stop the practices is to make the cost of the Fort too high to make these practices worthwhile. That could be done by raising the cost sites but none of us want to see that. The other is to offer a preferred service fee that gives the people most of the early access programs that you get as a resort guest. If the fee is slightly less than the Fort's campsite rate it would incent the phantom site folks to use the service over wasting a site. As far as the pool and campfire goes, freeloaders will always be an issue as long as the Fort management turns a blind eye to the practice. If they start enforcing MB entry then I'd have no problems if someone rented a site to only to get resort access as it still controls the crowd size.

You are exactly right. Why would Disney care if you slept there or not. It's all about the bottom line. The thing that stinks is that it ruins it for people who actually like to camp and experience the fort. I think card readers at the pool would be a great thing but it will never happen. We had dinner reservations at trails end last night,  all the guard asked for when I said I had dinner reservations is my photo ID. He looked at it and said park to your right. There should be a card reader there to prove we had a reservation. I can't tell you the number of coolers and towels being dragged back to the parking lot

15 hours ago, CampMImi said:

I didn't complain because I am sure they had already heard it. I also know that it is part of the "experience" when we choose to go on a holiday. 

I certainly would have complained, because you can't assume that someone else will have called, and the more complaints they get the more management will realize there is an issue. Just because it's Disney doesn't exempt them from common decency.

The will more than likely just throw comp nights at you anyway, because that's how they seem to handle things rather than address the issue and risk a confrontation that ends up on youtube, like the guy with the meth lab comments a few years back.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:24 AM, ImDownWithDisney said:

Here's the site of the 15 hr Latino dance party. 4 cars, 1 playpen, and multiple tents at this place.

20170528_080207_zpsh7qwn8pa.jpg

All vehicles are neatly parked on the pavement, nothing to see here. Move along.  :wacko: