1 hour ago, geoffdaddy said:

I've brought this up before, but i think it bears repeating... I think they should reduce the number of people on a reservation from 10 down to say 6 or 7, and maybe give a pass to people with big families if they can prove the additional kids live with them or something (not sure how they'd manage this, but seems like they could do something about it), or maybe only a max of four adults per site? I would also allow only up to 2 linked reservations and make sure that the names on the reservations aren't also party to other reservations. So, if Joe Jerk is named on reservation 1 for a particular site, he cannot also be named on reservation 2 for a separate site for the same stay. I think it's a bit asinine that an entire group can take over an complete loop. Last stay we witnessed two or three groups in the 1500 that clearly had well over the number of people allowed on a site... 5 tents on one site and had set up practically a full kitchen too (all for a four night stay I might add).

You know... they have a group camp site for a reason...

That's what we ran into on one of our stays in the 2000 loop.  One site was all picnic tables from other sites with dining canopies over them and multiple grills.  Other sites had multiple tents, and they all had chairs set up encroaching the road.  Dozens of unsupervised kids.  And this was repeated in at least 3 or 4 areas.  And it wasn't a holiday weekend.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes and no.... The Fort is a FAMILY oriented facility and should be run and enforced as such. Sure, your neighbors should have enough common sense and decency to know better than dropping F-

I've found, it's how you express frustration that (sometimes) yields the best results.  Simply walking up to the front desk or calling the 800# is (simply put) lazy and typically results in small resu

Of course it's all about the $$.  It's been that way since they wrapped Walt's head in tin foil and tossed it in the freezer. Heck yes it's true.  There's a pinned thread with hundreds of pages

3 hours ago, geoffdaddy said:

I've brought this up before, but i think it bears repeating... I think they should reduce the number of people on a reservation from 10 down to say 6 or 7, and maybe give a pass to people with big families if they can prove the additional kids live with them or something (not sure how they'd manage this, but seems like they could do something about it), or maybe only a max of four adults per site? I would also allow only up to 2 linked reservations and make sure that the names on the reservations aren't also party to other reservations. So, if Joe Jerk is named on reservation 1 for a particular site, he cannot also be named on reservation 2 for a separate site for the same stay. I think it's a bit asinine that an entire group can take over an complete loop. Last stay we witnessed two or three groups in the 1500 that clearly had well over the number of people allowed on a site... 5 tents on one site and had set up practically a full kitchen too (all for a four night stay I might add).

You know... they have a group camp site for a reason...

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

That's what we ran into on one of our stays in the 2000 loop.  One site was all picnic tables from other sites with dining canopies over them and multiple grills.  Other sites had multiple tents, and they all had chairs set up encroaching the road.  Dozens of unsupervised kids.  And this was repeated in at least 3 or 4 areas.  And it wasn't a holiday weekend.

I still think a profitable way, and we all know Disney is into profit,  for Disney to handle this is to create an improved group campsite area. If they set it up well they could handle anything from several smaller groups up to a single/multiple large ones. For times when there isn't a group scheduled they could use the sites on a first come first served basis for short term guests.  

17 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I still think a profitable way, and we all know Disney is into profit,  for Disney to handle this is to create an improved group campsite area. If they set it up well they could handle anything from several smaller groups up to a single/multiple large ones. For times when there isn't a group scheduled they could use the sites on a first come first served basis for short term guests.  

Or, they could spend no money, and continue to pack them into the 1500 and 2000 loops.

They are making plenty of profit with the current way, and it will continue as long as the money is rolling in.

TCD

16 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Or, they could spend no money, and continue to pack them into the 1500 and 2000 loops.

They are making plenty of profit with the current way, and it will continue as long as the money is rolling in.

TCD

And if the regulars stop coming because of issues, they are plenty of suckers newbies that will gladly take their spots.

Disney will only act if they start getting horrible press, and even then it seems like they weather that without too many problems.