• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are still enjoying your trips, and making good memories with your kids, by all means take those trips.  Keep in mind that everyone on here is in different stages of their Disney relationship.  

This will probably get a lot of people upset, but here goes.   Yes the Magic is gone!   What killed it? Friggen CELL PHONES! It's bad enough that teens and adults are walking

Interesting thread. I think every Disney fan often asks "is it worth it?"  I know that I do. I've been lucky to have visited WDW from the time it was just the MK and a few hotels all the way

11 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Your right.  

But to me the Magic Kingdom is still 

"The Most Magical Place on Earth!"

I still find the parks enjoyable and sometimes magical.

And it's the parents/kids loss if they miss everything because they are staring at a screen.

It's also their loss, if they have overplanned their trip and have to rush from one thing to another and not get to enjoy the wonders around them.

You have to wonder if the parents do everything just to brag to their friends and not be thinking about their kids enjoyment.

10 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

No the magic is not gone.   

Magic is in your heart and in your imagination  

Maybe you have grown cynical and let the magic die.  Or you've lost that inner child that doesn't see the man behind the curtain. 

Many of us on here and other Disney forums have visited WDW dozens of times over several decades and watched attractions, restaurants, etc. come and go and be changed.  And most of the time it seems like we don't like the changes. But we keep going back. 

Why?

Because we like standing in line for hours, or eating $14 hamburgers ?

No, because it is a magical place were we can spend time with friends and family and escape our every day lives.

Rock and Roll didn't ruin the kids growing up in the 50's & 60's. 

Television didn't fry the minds of kids growing up in the 70's & 80's 

and cell phones have not ruining this generation.   They are a tool. That helps us in our every day lives. It's up to the parents to control how, and how much their children use or abuse the technology. 

So if you think the magic is gone maybe you could try to put on blinders or look at WDW through the eyes of a child.  And hopefully you will find the magic you've lost. 

Yep, what he said.

On 6/26/2017 at 11:52 AM, h2odivers...Ray said:

No the magic is not gone.   

Magic is in your heart and in your imagination  

Maybe you have grown cynical and let the magic die.  Or you've lost that inner child that doesn't see the man behind the curtain. 

Many of us on here and other Disney forums have visited WDW dozens of times over several decades and watched attractions, restaurants, etc. come and go and be changed.  And most of the time it seems like we don't like the changes. But we keep going back. 

Why?

Because we like standing in line for hours, or eating $14 hamburgers ?

No, because it is a magical place were we can spend time with friends and family and escape our every day lives.

Rock and Roll didn't ruin the kids growing up in the 50's & 60's. 

Television didn't fry the minds of kids growing up in the 70's & 80's 

and cell phones have not ruining this generation.   They are a tool. That helps us in our every day lives. It's up to the parents to control how, and how much their children use or abuse the technology. 

So if you think the magic is gone maybe you could try to put on blinders or look at WDW through the eyes of a child.  And hopefully you will find the magic you've lost. 

Well, not exactly but i like your basic train of thought. If all the magic was really in your heart and imagination, then you wouldn't need an escape from your everyday lives.  You would feel perfectly magical in your living room, the same as the MK!  No, even Walt himself said he wanted people to feel as if they stepped into a whole new world when they got to the parks, to escape from life. Some of that responsibility falls to those running and working at the parks to show you a magical time.  Just didn't feel it this time. We still had a good time as a family, but it was in spite of much of what we encountered.

9 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

No, even Walt himself said he wanted people to feel as if they stepped into a whole new world when they got to the parks, to escape from life. Some of that responsibility falls to those running and working at the parks to show you a magical time.  

That's were your imagination comes in. We walk into the MK and intellectually know that it's make believe.

we know that the pretty buildings on Main St USA are just a facade and that beautiful castle doesn't really belong to a fairy princess.    We have to choose to let people actions and words bring us down.

Yes, IMHO it's every CMs job to play into the illusion and because they are human they sometimes fall short.  But I try not to focus on the one or two negatives but on the multiple CM who did a could job.  

Im sorry your trip wasn't as magical as in the past.

Believe me I've been there.  Heck I was there last year and could have written a similar review.  And there are others on this forum that, at times have felt the same way as you and I.  

And I swore we were definitely not going to be going as often as we use to.   But then my DD was so excited talking about our annual Christmas trip one day.  That the "bad" experiences seemed so small in the bigger picture.   Her excitement was contagious and back to WDW we went.   And what an awesome trip it was. 

Don't let this new understanding of WDW turn you off from all that WDW has to offer or you might miss out on some great family times.