8 minutes ago, keith_h said:

You have a leak that needs to be fixed.  Why does the dealer have to know there wasn't any anti-freeze in the lines?

He doesn't have to know and I won't offer that information... unless he asks, then I'd have to tell him the truth. 

Ugh... just wish it was easier to open that up.  Talking with some folks, the thought is... I should be able to tap them back in.  

I don't know... maybe I'll chance it and take it in.

Heck...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks everyone!  I'm most happy about being able to provide content to this forum that I get so much enjoyment reading.   I'm not always in the know about current Disney events, and not one to p

By definition, aren't cougers usually a bit older? Sent from my handheld doohickie

I forgot that's what yours was....I remember our discussions now.  Maybe I'll look into that.  Always looking for an excuse to come to Florida.  

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

He doesn't have to know and I won't offer that information... unless he asks, then I'd have to tell him the truth. 

Ugh... just wish it was easier to open that up.  Talking with some folks, the thought is... I should be able to tap them back in.  

Heck...

I understand the part about if they ask.

Buy some hex screws and use those in the nail holes. They will hold better and be easier to remove should you need to open the belly up again. Just don't over tighten them so they deform the panel.

8 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I understand the part about if they ask.

Buy some hex screws and use those in the nail holes. They will hold better and be easier to remove should you need to open the belly up again. Just don't over tighten them so they deform the panel.

Thanks for the tip.

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Heck...

I forget what brand rv you have but you can could check their owners forum for more info, I know on the Forest River board the members are very helpful.

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Oh my gosh... RV manufactures drive me crazy!!   

Went to pull down the underbelly of our rig, to try and search out the leak.   Yeah... it's not all bolts.  The bolts hold the (I'm not sure what you'd call it) the bottom exterior black piece.  It's probably aluminum and it starts, where the fiberglass siding stops.  That aluminum bends down and under the rig about a foot and it is screwed to the underbelly.  The actual underbelly is secured in by some sort of nail.  Thought it was a screw (a 1/4" socket finally grabbed it to "thread" it out), but it just turned and turned... finally tugged and it pulled out some sort of nail.  I but it back together, frustrated, as I have 10 to pull out just for one small section and I'm concerned that once I pull them out, getting it all back up and put together may not be easy (meaning maybe I'll do something to one or more of these "nails").  Kicker is... this leak could be under warranty, I just don't know as I can't see it to know what broke.  If I just pushed the antifreeze through the lines (again, I did pour them down the line so if it was freeze damage, it would have to be for the kitchen or bath faucet.

Feeling so frustrated....

That's called coroplast, and they must have used nail rivets.  If the side skirting is wrapped over you may be better off going to the dealer if it feels like a big job.  Most diyers will just cut a clean slit like a c shape and fold down for inspection.   Putting it back up by screwing a furring strip behind the new opening and covering with gorilla tape makes a nice clean repair that can be opened again if needed.  

26 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

Most diyers will just cut a clean slit like a c shape and fold down for inspection.   Putting it back up by screwing a furring strip behind the new opening and covering with gorilla tape makes a nice clean repair that can be opened again if needed.  

So do dealers.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:53 PM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

So do dealers.

Yep... that's what I've read.  I find that frustrating as there has to be a better way.

On 1/26/2018 at 6:32 PM, dblr....Rennie said:

I forget what brand rv you have but you can could check their owners forum for more info, I know on the Forest River board the members are very helpful.

Thank you.  It's a Keystone Cougar and I did find a FB page...I"m going to try there.

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yep... that's what I've read.  I find that frustrating as there has to be a better way.

Thank you.  It's a Keystone Cougar and I did find a FB page...I"m going to try there.

There is a Keystone forum http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/index.php but your mileage my vary as to what help you get on there.  It's nowhere near as helpful as the FROG forum Rennie spoke about (I lurk that one all the time).

19 hours ago, bhall said:

There is a Keystone forum http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/index.php but your mileage my vary as to what help you get on there.  It's nowhere near as helpful as the FROG forum Rennie spoke about (I lurk that one all the time).

Thanks.

Yeah.. I've heard Rennie talk about his forum and their camping things (the word has slipped my mind, where the owners camp together and the manufacturer makes repairs to their rigs).  I wish Cougar had one of those!!

21 hours ago, bhall said:

Thanks I just looked it up to post it but you beat me, glad I looked.

We are attending a FROG Rally in Gettysburg again this year, I still have your number and hope to remember to reach out to meet you, bring the Jarts. Last year we got so busy I forgot to try and contact you.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thanks.

Yeah.. I've heard Rennie talk about his forum and their camping things (the word has slipped my mind, where the owners camp together and the manufacturer makes repairs to their rigs).  I wish Cougar had one of those!!

That would be the FROG International Rally in Goshen In. it would be nice for other manufactures to do this also, it builds respect for them and trust me that is why we stayed with a Forest River product. I invite all with a Forest River product to join FROG or even contact me for more info on why you should join. OK my plug is over thanks for reading along. :rolleyes:

NuCamp/Pleasant Valley also hosts a rally each year for T@Gs, T@Bs and their Cirrus Truck Campers. They provide factory tours, answer lots of questions, and a great week of fellowship with other owners. They do provide some repairs/modifications right there at the rally, but do charge for parts and labor. However, even though they charge, it is very reasonable, and it's wonderful to know that the repair is done by factory personnel. 

9 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

NuCamp/Pleasant Valley also hosts a rally each year for T@Gs, T@Bs and their Cirrus Truck Campers. They provide factory tours, answer lots of questions, and a great week of fellowship with other owners. They do provide some repairs/modifications right there at the rally, but do charge for parts and labor. However, even though they charge, it is very reasonable, and it's wonderful to know that the repair is done by factory personnel. 

Carol, I remember reading once before about that rally and it sounds like they do a great job as well. It is nice to see factory sponsored rallies like this as I feel it helps create loyalty to that brand, plus who better to work on the unit then factory techs.

4 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

We are attending a FROG Rally in Gettysburg again this year, I still have your number and hope to remember to reach out to meet you, bring the Jarts. Last year we got so busy I forgot to try and contact you.

That would be the FROG International Rally in Goshen In. it would be nice for other manufactures to do this also, it builds respect for them and trust me that is why we stayed with a Forest River product. I invite all with a Forest River product to join FROG or even contact me for more info on why you should join. OK my plug is over thanks for reading along. :rolleyes:

Rally... that's the word, thank you.   Yes, I've heard a lot of complaining (from others) regarding Forest River products, but I love hearing from you, on how they seem to try and take care of their customers. 

27 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Carol, I remember reading once before about that rally and it sounds like they do a great job as well. It is nice to see factory sponsored rallies like this as I feel it helps create loyalty to that brand, plus who better to work on the unit then factory techs.

^this^ exactly.

Ok then. I've got the trusses jacked back into place and reinforced.  I added blocking,  fixed the crushed AC ducts and put up new insulation. Now waiting for the next break in the weather. 

I want to post some pics but can't decide on the best host.  What are you guys all using now?

12 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Give me a call.  Hopefully I won't be working.

10 hours ago, bhall said:

Give me a call.  Hopefully I won't be working.

Will do as long as CRS doesn't set in again. We are going to dinner once there at I believe the Dobbins Tavern, then the rest of the weekend we will be on our own to do what we want.

On 1/25/2018 at 6:15 PM, PGHFiend said:

Are you eating? So it's been reallllly cold here for the last 2 weeks and last weekend it warmed up a little and it was enough to thaw all of the snow.  I never checked the info center for the battery and holding tank levels figuring I'd get around to it.  Since it was thawed out, I thought I'd try the tank valves to see if they were stuck or anything.  I was instantly rewarded with a scene that reminded me of the Beverly Hillbillies. 

Black gold, Texas tea. 

Right there in the driveway.  What could I do? Luckily BOTH grey tanks were also full so I used that as a rinse! Steep hillside off a gravel driveway helped move things along. And then it rained hard so I'm ok there. But wow. 

I treat those valves like I treat guns.....assume they are always loaded. Lol

6 hours ago, caveat lector said:

I treat those valves like I treat guns.....assume they are always loaded. Lol

I pulled them before, but they must have been frozen solid! The previous owners left it where it was after it was damaged.  Surprised they didn't bother to empty the tanks though. 

Ok, here it goes!

Here is a pic of the new/used/damaged/project 2015 Grand Design Reflection 317rst that I bought at an auction that a tree fell on (I think) this is from the day I picked it up and this pic is better than any pic the auction took. You can see the damage along the roof edge.

The second pic is of the damage I saw the dau I got it. The ceiling is hanging down and I knew something in the roof had snapped. 0194b35f0d7a4cef95dd6021ae12b47b.jpg46ddf2d298be7b5d6305b0ede80a08f7.jpg8256c6dffbe09b7bc7b1f1fa062b1d8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

Ok, here it goes!

Here is a pic of the new/used/damaged/project 2015 Grand Design Reflection 317rst that I bought at an auction that a tree fell on (I think) this is from the day I picked it up and this pic is better than any pic the auction took. You can see the damage along the roof edge.

The second pic is of the damage I saw the dau I got it. The ceiling is hanging down and I knew something in the roof had snapped. 0194b35f0d7a4cef95dd6021ae12b47b.jpg46ddf2d298be7b5d6305b0ede80a08f7.jpg8256c6dffbe09b7bc7b1f1fa062b1d8a.jpg

Ouch. 

Looks like a nice trailer though, hopefully it won't give you to many problems getting it fixed up.

Can I put the pics in the text on the Tapatalk app or only at the ends?

Ok, so I got it home and took the ceiling all down from the front 16 feet or so. I had to cut the perimeter with a multi tool because the factories build the ceiling and trusses as one piece and lay the whole assembly on the walls. This means the ceiling panels are pinched in between anything vertical.
You can see the front 10 trusses or so are broken. After that it was a matter of jacking up the ceiling with a bottle jack and repairing or mending the trusses individually as I went.
It took some doing but I got them all straightened up.
At the end is a before and after.8f81a8875c19449f690d14fe1bae98e5.jpg9c9767c2f451ef2e9aa912a18bd6c950.jpgf05e10a58debbd13af7857cb65df331d.jpg784de1d9d7d4936e94c1b64dde9274c0.jpgc21168a50da36a7970fa979e7422587f.jpg1001a0c1bc441c2abb735d9ef37a7def.jpg1ee8f69c884209fe4f921dde875e0d90.jpg

So then it was on to repairing the crushed duct work and putting up the new insulation since a lot of it had gotten wet around the roof tears, I threw it out for how cheap it is.
I also added blocking to stiffen up the whole roof assembly and to give me extra nailing surface for the ceiling panel I found at Home Depot. I was going to order from the factory and it was a good price, but it was 250 shipping and 175 crating fee for 4 30 dollar panels. I just think it was too much.
Now it's a bit cold here so I'll fix up the damaged cabinet doors and put up the ceiling as the rig sits under a tarp to stay dry. I'm either going to have to wait for a nice few days (winter in the north, chances minmal) or rent a shop or something to strip the roof sheathing and replace the rubber.

Updates when I do more .
5fd0ef8e57513f78962bfb25deffe099.jpgac6f3e1bba18e7a78c423ba5e03d4e2f.jpg853fd1c340762fafd9f391e3cd1803c9.jpg827aa25bb23109698c3dbe11516086d5.jpg78da666c3d71a060852422c2581b8244.jpg29a2d9406c9f43aa054af1706378f0d2.jpg