More New Restaurants Coming to Disney Springs

I've run across these just in the last week.  Really looking forward to the Jose Andres tapas restaurant!

Disney has today announced that a new Wolfgang Puck restaurant will open in the Town Center at Disney Springs in 2018.

Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, will modernize the traditional “bar and grill” concept in a setting inspired by traditional farmhouses with a touch of elegance. The restaurant will capture the essence of laid-back California dining made popular by Puck at Spago, his flagship restaurant in Los Angeles. The menu will highlight the best of Puck’s signature dishes with Mediterranean influences, innovative takes on comfort food classics and handcrafted specialty cocktails, beer and wine.

The new Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill will be built on the empty space next to Coca-Cola, across from Planet Hollywood.

The Levy Restaurants operated Wolfgang Puck location on the West Side will have its final day of operation on August 1 2017, to be replaced by Jaleo. The Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace will continue to operate as normal.

Article Posted: May 30, 2017 / 4:03pm EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/wolfgang-puck-bar-and-grill/news/30may2017-wolfgang-puck-bar-and-grill-to-open-in-the-town-center-at-disney-springs.htm

Jaleo by José Andrés to open in Disney Springs West Side in 2018

Jaleo, a concept by world-renowned Chef José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup, will open on the West Side in 2018, bringing the spirit and flavors of Spain, with an extensive menu of tapas that reflect the rich regional diversity of traditional and contemporary Spanish cuisine.

Menu items at Jaleo Disney Springs will include paella cooked over a wood fire, hand-carved Jamon Iberico de Bellota and wood-grilled Iberico pork. With five locations in the United States and Mexico City, this will be the first location in Florida. The first floor of the multi-level restaurant will feature a “grab-n-go” storefront with Spanish-style sandwiches.

The Levy Restaurants operated Wolfgang Puck location on the West Side will have its final day of operation on August 1 2017, to be replaced by Jaleo. The Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace will continue to operate as normal. A new Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill will open in the Town Center.

Article Posted: May 30, 2017 / 2:25pm EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/jaleo/news/30may2017-jaleo-by-jose-andres-to-open-in-disney-springs-west-side-in-2018.htm

CONCEPT ART: Wine Bar George Coming to Disney Springs

Disney has released some new info about Wine Bar George at Disney Springs. Today we have some concept art that depicts what the interior and exterior will look like:

wbg-outside.jpg

Wine-Bar-George-ENtry.jpg

Wine Bar George is a new bar coming to Disney Springs late this year. It was created by master Sommelier George Miliotes and will feature over 100+ selections of feature wines from famed growing regions in the United States and abroad. The design for the 6,000-square-foot space will feature wood ceilings, concrete floors, warm lighting and a welcoming atmosphere.

Guests will experience a feel reminiscent of the ‘Old World’, as if they are on the bottom floor of a gravity-flow winery surrounded by their best friends. The space includes a center bar on the first floor, seating for groups of all sizes and chalkboards displaying menu details. Lastly, shareable plates will be served including cheese and charcuterie that complement the wines, with local, seasonal features.

Wine Bar George will open sometime in late 2017 at Disney Springs.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/concept-art-wine-bar-george-coming-disney-springs/

Wow, they must expect a lot of diners and bar goers to fill all those seats in DS.  I'll be curious to see how the tapas place is.  

Speaking of tapas places, a funny thing happened to me many years ago.  As tapas restaurants were first beginning to sprout up in America, I was traveling for work in Tampa and a group of us went to a tapas spot that was highly recommended.  It was a fun and loud place, and I had a few drinks and was enjoying the food and music.  Later in the evening, my cell rang and it was INC calling to say hi.  As my speech may have been slightly slurred, and the place was quite loud, when she asked where I was and I answered in a loud voice due to the music "A TAPAS BAR!", she thought I answered "A TOPLESS BAR!".  

That was a very uncomfortable conversation.  

9 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Wow, they must expect a lot of diners and bar goers to fill all those seats in DS.  I'll be curious to see how the tapas place is.  

Speaking of tapas places, a funny thing happened to me many years ago.  As tapas restaurants were first beginning to sprout up in America, I was traveling for work in Tampa and a group of us went to a tapas spot that was highly recommended.  It was a fun and loud place, and I had a few drinks and was enjoying the food and music.  Later in the evening, my cell rang and it was INC calling to say hi.  As my speech may have been slightly slurred, and the place was quite loud, when she asked where I was and I answered in a loud voice due to the music "A TAPAS BAR!", she thought I answered "A TOPLESS BAR!".  

Well, it was Tampa . . .

TCD

We have eaten at the Jaleo in DC a couple of times although it has been a number of years ago. Neither time were we impressed with the quality of the food. A lot of it tasted like it was reheated left overs from the day before. Our server was also slow as both times we had to ask about where he was after being seated for 15 minutes with no hello. Checking on refills of our drinks was similar. Hopefully the Orlando location will be better but I think we'll pass. 

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

...As my speech may have been slightly slurred, and the place was quite loud, when she asked where I was and I answered in a loud voice due to the music "A TAPAS BAR!", she thought I answered "A TOPLESS BAR!".  

2786656703.gif

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

We have eaten at the Jaleo in DC a couple of times although it has been a number of years ago. Neither time were we impressed with the quality of the food. A lot of it tasted like it was reheated left overs from the day before. Our server was also slow as both times we had to ask about where he was after being seated for 15 minutes with no hello. Checking on refills of our drinks was similar. Hopefully the Orlando location will be better but I think we'll pass. 

Hmm... that's disappointing.  Here's hoping they do a better job at WDW.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:59 PM, DaveInTN said:

Vizcaya on Dale Mabry?