Is there a phone number we can call to see if we can check in early this coming Saturday, June 10?  We plan to stop in Lake Park, GA Friday Night and should be to The Fort by 12:00 p.m. or earlier (depending upon how early we get up), but do not want to waste time driving to have to park in the overflow lot and sit for several hours.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! 

In the past, we would just drive up to the gate when we arrive.  No problems checking in and getting to a site even before noon.  In the rare case that the Fort is completely booked, I would just park in the overflow, leave the RV, and go start your vacation.  Come back and check in later a convenient time for you and the family.  I don't really expect that you will have any trouble.  But, this is only my opinion.

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

Do you have a campsite or cabin reservation?  Check-in for campsites is 11 am.  At noon, you won't be checking in early, and chances are very good that your site will be ready to go.

TCD

Check in is 1PM isn't it?  Even the email I just got for next week states 1PM.

In any case, agree they will be fine.  We often arrive a bit early, such as 11:30 and have no issues.  Worst case is you need to park in overflow until the site is ready.

5 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Check in is 1PM isn't it?  Even the email I just got for next week states 1PM.

In any case, agree they will be fine.  We often arrive a bit early, such as 11:30 and have no issues.  Worst case is you need to park in overflow until the site is ready.

Dang it.  You caught my error.  I went back and fixed it immediately.  You are correct- check-in for the campsites is 1 pm.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...