Need a small portable Air Conditioner? This may be your answer!

I saw this while playing around the internets.  Check it out.

https://awesomestuff365.com/zero-breeze-portable-air-conditioner/

Zero Breeze Portable Air Conditioner

The Zero Breeze Portable Air Conditioner can be taken with you anywhere you go whether to the office or on a camping trip.

Some people really do enjoy hot weather, but for some, it can be a living nightmare. For the latter group comes this wonder of an AC.

Although you must have seen multiple portable AC’s (we’ve even covered some of them like this personal air cooler), Zero Breeze is a bit different.  It doesn’t depend on a power outlet to work, as it is equipped with a battery that can run for up to 5 hours. 

This makes it a perfect air conditioner to take with you on an impromptu camping trip or BBQ session. But when at home, you can connect it to a power outlet and watch this baby cool down a 50 square feet room to 44 F°.

Apart from being a portable air conditioner, Zero Breeze offers you some cool (no pun intended) features. It can also work as a Bluetooth speaker, a nightlight, and even a power bank for charging your phone on the go.

Want some music for your beach party? No problem, just turn on Zero Breeze and let it fill the air with not only a cool breeze but cool music as well. Want to read for a bit before going to sleep in your tent? Enjoy the soft LED light and cold air coming from Zero Breeze.

The bottom line is, there’s nothing better than enjoying a flow of cool air when the sun is trying to cook you alive. For better outdoors experience, work, and sleep you might want to buy Zero Breeze portable air conditioner. 

$349.00

article and pictures credit:  awesomestuff365.com

4 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I see what you did there.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

I really like the idea of it. Since it's 12 volt you could plug it in your camper and let it run the whole time you are going down the road and have a cool camper. Precool  the camper with the big A/C before you hit the road. It really is a cool idea.

I went and looked them up. This appears to be a Kickstarter campaign and there is some question of if they are even shipping them. The people that own the campaign have kind of stopped communicating. They were supposed to ship the end of March and the latest was June 2. While it looks interesting I would wait until they have them available in legitimate online sellers. I also noticed they want $229 extra for the battery although they say they will have an adapter to let you make your own external battery attachment.

Edit:

I was thinking this could make a good supplement to our TT's A/C as it really can't keep up when it hits the 90's during the summer.

They fail to show the exhaust vent in the tent pics, but they do show it in the video. Without the vent in place the space it is in will only rise in temp. I guess the marketing company didn't like the pics of the hose. It seems much more portable without it.

Since our toyhauler doesn't have a rear AC I use a portable unit vented through one of the small access doors in the garage area. It really helps to keep the temp down on very hot days.

7 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

They fail to show the exhaust vent in the tent pics, but they do show it in the video. Without the vent in place the space it is in will only rise in temp. I guess the marketing company didn't like the pics of the hose. It seems much more portable without it.

Thank you for clarifying about the exhaust.  There is no way this would do any good cooling a room unless there was a way to vent out hot/humid air.

When my oldest DD lived in Miami, I bought a new (and kind of expensive) vent-less portable AC unit from Home Depot.  It blew cold air out the front, and hot air out the back, which accomplished nothing in terms of lowering the room temperature or reducing humidity.  Fortunately, I realized my bad decision within the return time and I was able to get my money back.  A portable AC needs to be able to vent out the hot and humid air from the room, or it's worthless.

This portable thing might be nice to blow some cold air on your face in a hot environment, but it's not going to effectively cool any enclosed space.

TCD

22 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Since our toyhauler doesn't have a rear AC I use a portable unit vented through one of the small access doors in the garage area. It really helps to keep the temp down on very hot days.

What unit do you have? I was thinking of something similar to handle the venting or to make a window adapter.

52 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thank you for clarifying about the exhaust.  There is no way this would do any good cooling a room unless there was a way to vent out hot/humid air.

When my oldest DD lived in Miami, I bought a new (and kind of expensive) vent-less portable AC unit from Home Depot.  It blew cold air out the front, and hot air out the back, which accomplished nothing in terms of lowering the room temperature or reducing humidity.  Fortunately, I realized my bad decision within the return time and I was able to get my money back.  A portable AC needs to be able to vent out the hot and humid air from the room, or it's worthless.

This portable thing might be nice to blow some cold air on your face in a hot environment, but it's not going to effectively cool any enclosed space.

TCD

Those pesky laws of thermodynamics...

29 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I have this one. It does a great job. I paid $100 new in the box on a Facebook yardsale group.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Haier-HRB08XCMTB-8-000-BTU-Portable-Air-Conditioner-115V-with-Remote-Silver-Factory-Reconditioned/48937359

Thanks. That one would be a bit too big for our trailer but I did see some smaller units on the pages that might be viable. 

• 4 years later...

Since this has been resurrected from the dead I thought I'd see whatever became of the portable A/C unit in Jen's original post. It looks like they are shipping products but the price isn't cheap at $798 for the unit with battery and $549 without. There is also this from the FAQ so as far as I'm concerned it is rather expensive for something to sit in front of on a hot day. You can find their website by searching on the product name.

Unlike most room or portable air conditioners, the Zero Breeze is not designed to cool an entire room to a set temperature. It is made specifically to cool the area right in front of the fan for more personal comfort for you and your guests. The temperature of the cool air from Zero Breeze can be 10F lower than ambient temperature.