According to MSN, this is the list of top campgrounds in each state

MSN uses the word, campsites, but we all know that they can't name the specific campsite, now can they, lol.

Here is the article, see if you agree or not.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/the-best-campsite-in-every-state/ss-BBCaSA8?li=BBnbklE#image=39

Frankly, the only thing on the page is a video, so watch it and come back and comment!

I have never heard of the one in Ohio and I have scoured the state looking for good places. And First Landing SP in Virginia Beach would not have been my first pick either. Other than the beach being right there we saw nothing else that would have drawn us to that location.

Um had never heard of Tree Tops Park in Davie FL, so I looked it up. Unless I'm missing something it is only a day use county Park with no camping facilities. 

I personally haven't been to Alaska (one day I'll get there) but I'm sure there are better places to camp then the fairgrounds. Didn't look through the rest of the list. I'd be interested to know what if any research went into this list or did someone just Google camp in each state and randomly pick places.

10 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Um had never heard of Tree Tops Park in Davie FL, so I looked it up. Unless I'm missing something it is only a day use county Park with no camping facilities. 

I personally haven't been to Alaska (one day I'll get there) but I'm sure there are better places to camp then the fairgrounds. Didn't look through the rest of the list. I'd be interested to know what if any research went into this list or did someone just Google camp in each state and randomly pick places.

I looked up Tree Top also.  Page about the park doesn't mention camping, so I clicked on the camping link for Broward County Parks, and it was not one of the 5 listed.

MSN needs to instruct their researchers/writers about proper research and fact checking.

What did they do, use Google Maps satellite view and look for places the seemed nice and had a park name?