Roaring Forks serving breakfast, now in soft opening

http://www.chipandco.com/roaring-fork-serving-breakfast-morning-soft-opening-273722/

Roaring Fork

We have good news for guests staying at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge! Roaring Fork, the resort’s quick service option, has been closed for refurbishment since February. We have discovered that it was serving up breakfast this morning ahead of schedule! Disney’s site says it is still closed for refurbishment and the original date that was given for the re-opening was July 17.  But we have photos that say different!

Until Disney gives the official word on this, it should be assumed that this is a soft opening and can change without notice. A big thank you to Chip and Co reader Phillip Halfacre for sharing his pictures!

Roaring-Fork-Snacks.jpg Roaring-Fork-Snack-Case.jpg

Located on the ground floor of the main lodge guests can find grab-and-go or buffet options.

Roaring-Fork-Drinks.jpg Roaring-Fork-Drink-Station.jpg

Drink stations, beer and wine are also available.

Roaring-Fork-Breakfast-Menu.jpg Roaring-Fork-Buffet.jpg

Continental and hot breakfast served in the morning and gourmet sandwiches, grill items and pizza later in the day.

Roaring-Fork-Seating.jpg

Guests are given a number stand to place at their table. When your order is ready, a cast member will bring the food directly to your table.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that it is fully open, my wife and I had lunch at Roaring Forks on Saturday.  The new setup works really well, although there is definitely some confusion related where to order your food.  We ord

Good review. I'm not a fan of goat cheese, but I'm sure there are other things on the menu that I will like.  I've always liked Roaring Forks. Good to know that it's still a good place after the updat

Sounds yummy and reasonably priced by Disney standards. I expect between this and Geyser Point, we'll be finding ourselves on a boat to the Lodge quite a bit this next trip.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Delivering the food to your table is a huge improvement. It's better now that our kids are getting older, but juggling a bunch of kids and a couple of plastic trays full of food and drinks is tough.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

That is why we avoid quick service. Even with older helpers now it is still crazy. Although everything is crazy with my sized crew ;0). 

6 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Delivering the food to your table is a huge improvement. It's better now that our kids are getting older, but juggling a bunch of kids and a couple of plastic trays full of food and drinks is tough.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

Wimp.

The usual bloggers have already descended on Roaring Forks, and the reviews are trickling out.

As per usual, GDF's boyfriend, Josh, cleared his busy calendar and rushed to the job.

His very thorough review is already posted on his site: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-roaring-fork-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge-2017-reimagination/

Sorting through the barrage of adds and artsy photos, I think his point is that he likes it.

Also, I think he says that the Wilderness Salad is still available.  So, Blake doesn't have to fight anyone.

TCD

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:16 AM, Beckers said:

I don't even like Nutella and this sounds good.

One of the many "eating establishments" at Capital One's Richmond, VA campus serves something very much like this, and it tastes AMAZING!

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, LONE-STAR said:

What about the waffles do they still have the Mickey waffles? We need our Mickey waffles?

That's a good question.  The photo posted of the menu in the report on Josh's site does not show any waffles for the adults:

review_roaring_fork_disney_refurbishment

But, the official Disney site has been updated, and it shows Mickey waffles (but no price) on the adult menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/roaring-fork/menus/

TCD

On 7/5/2017 at 4:49 PM, kadancer said:

Does one have to have a kid to buy a kid's meal?  I do it frequently - built in portion control, plus some of the meals are too hefty for a hot summer day.

Just can't do a kids meal at a buffet.  I order kids meals most of the time, because like you stated it's too hot to eat a lot.

• 1 month later...

Now that it is fully open, my wife and I had lunch at Roaring Forks on Saturday.  The new setup works really well, although there is definitely some confusion related where to order your food.  We ordered at the cashier, who said you could order either at the cashier or the counter, but cashier is easier.  In any case, we had the flatbread with goat cheese, caramelized onions, sausage and pepperoni.  It was outstanding; easily on par with flatbreads you would expect from a table service restaurant.  At $10.95 it wasn't a bad deal at all.

7 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Now that it is fully open, my wife and I had lunch at Roaring Forks on Saturday.  The new setup works really well, although there is definitely some confusion related where to order your food.  We ordered at the cashier, who said you could order either at the cashier or the counter, but cashier is easier.  In any case, we had the flatbread with goat cheese, caramelized onions, sausage and pepperoni.  It was outstanding; easily on par with flatbreads you would expect from a table service restaurant.  At $10.95 it wasn't a bad deal at all.

Good review. I'm not a fan of goat cheese, but I'm sure there are other things on the menu that I will like.  I've always liked Roaring Forks. Good to know that it's still a good place after the updates.

TCD

13 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Sounds yummy and reasonably priced by Disney standards.

I expect between this and Geyser Point, we'll be finding ourselves on a boat to the Lodge quite a bit this next trip.

39 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Sounds yummy and reasonably priced by Disney standards.

I expect between this and Geyser Point, we'll be finding ourselves on a boat to the Lodge quite a bit this next trip.

We will have to check that out.  

We've left MK and walked to Contemporary and eaten at that QS just outside of Chef Mickeys a couple of times. Better food, better prices, and not nearly as crowded.

If you want a varied menu, tasty food, large portions, and great prices, I would highly recommend the French Quarter Food Court. It's too far to go during a park visit, but for dinner it's worth the trip.