Roaring Forks serving breakfast, now in soft opening

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

If you want a varied menu, tasty food, large portions, and great prices, I would highly recommend the French Quarter Food Court. It's too far to go during a park visit, but for dinner it's worth the trip.

We've actually never been. We'll have to add it to the list of things we need to try.  :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that it is fully open, my wife and I had lunch at Roaring Forks on Saturday.  The new setup works really well, although there is definitely some confusion related where to order your food.  We ord

Good review. I'm not a fan of goat cheese, but I'm sure there are other things on the menu that I will like.  I've always liked Roaring Forks. Good to know that it's still a good place after the updat

Sounds yummy and reasonably priced by Disney standards. I expect between this and Geyser Point, we'll be finding ourselves on a boat to the Lodge quite a bit this next trip.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

We've actually never been. We'll have to add it to the list of things we need to try.  :)

I've been spoiled by it.

I generally don't like eating at hotels fast food type of places because the food is generally so so and overpriced.  But not there.  Riversides fast food looks good also.

21 minutes ago, Travisma said:

If you want a varied menu, tasty food, large portions, and great prices, I would highly recommend the French Quarter Food Court. It's too far to go during a park visit, but for dinner it's worth the trip.

I can offer a good TCD Gang Touring tip- when we park hop, we will often time it around meal time, and hop to a resort that has good bus transportation and a good food court.  POFQ is a great place to do this- take the bus there from whatever park you're at, enjoy a nice, peaceful meal, and then hop to the next park (or back to the same one).  It's the same or cheaper price as what you pay at a park, in a much calmer environment.  You can refill your drinks, and relax.  The restrooms are clean, and not crowded. The bus transportation from there is excellent.  The MK bus is direct, but the other buses do travel through Riverside before heading out.  Still, it's not bad.

TCD

13 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

The food court at POFQ is always on our list while at WDW.

We need to make it over there... I really like the feel of that resort.  It's very pretty and (when we've been there) feels very calm.  Several recommendations on the food court as of late; I'll add this one to our next trip.

I have one more POFQ food court tip.

For a long time, the TCD Gang tradition was that we would pull in to POFQ on the way out of the Fort for a meal on the way home from a camping trip.  It is right around the corner, and there is plenty of parking, even with a truck and trailer to park.  With a Fort Wilderness parking pass, there was never any problem getting in and parking there.  Since I don't have a long drive, it was perfect to pop in there for lunch before heading home.  When the TCD girls got older, they tended to scatter on the last morning and hit a park while I packed up.  And, a lot of times lately none of them come home with me, so I don't stop at POFQ on the way out. But, I liked it when I did.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I have one more POFQ food court tip.

For a long time, the TCD Gang tradition was that we would pull in to POFQ on the way out of the Fort for a meal on the way home from a camping trip.  It is right around the corner, and there is plenty of parking, even with a truck and trailer to park.  With a Fort Wilderness parking pass, there was never any problem getting in and parking there.  Since I don't have a long drive, it was perfect to pop in there for lunch before heading home.  When the TCD girls got older, they tended to scatter on the last morning and hit a park while I packed up.  And, a lot of times lately none of them come home with me, so I don't stop at POFQ on the way out. But, I liked it when I did.

TCD

Have you eaten there since the renovation of the food court?

I don't know what the old menu was like, but the new one is a killer.

I had the cajun/creole breakfast sandwich Monday.  Between my wife and I we only ate 1/2 (we did split biscuits and gravy also) and I ate the other 1/2 for lunch Tuesday.  It was so stuffed with eggs, ham, cheese and peppers that you couldn't hold it to eat.  Had to use a fork and knife.

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Have you eaten there since the renovation of the food court?

I don't know what the old menu was like, but the new one is a killer.

I had the cajun/creole breakfast sandwich Monday.  Between my wife and I we only ate 1/2 (we did split biscuits and gravy also) and I ate the other 1/2 for lunch Tuesday.  It was so stuffed with eggs, ham, cheese and peppers that you couldn't hold it to eat.  Had to use a fork and knife.

Yes, I've been there several times since the renovations.  The old menu was great- and so is the new one.  Really great variety considering how small it is compared to some of the other food court type facilities Disney operates.  One big improvement is the French fry situation.  They have steak fries there!

My only complaints are the Coke Freestyle machines and the taking away of the giant Mardi Gras parade floats and the jester statue.  The décor used to be very unique- now it's very generic.

I also should mention that the little bar there outside of the food court is nice, and that they have live music there on weekend nights.

TCD

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes, I've been there several times since the renovations.  The old menu was great- and so is the new one.  Really great variety considering how small it is compared to some of the other food court type facilities Disney operates.  One big improvement is the French fry situation.  They have steak fries there!

My only complaints are the Coke Freestyle machines and the taking away of the giant Mardi Gras parade floats and the jester statue.  The décor used to be very unique- now it's very generic.

I also should mention that the little bar there outside of the food court is nice, and that they have live music there on weekend nights.

TCD

We've seen the bar setup.

I had the Cajun spiced fries with my cheesesteak Sunday.  They were really good.  Crisp but still soft in the middle.

Another thing I like, I put some beer in my Yeti and take it down with me to have with our meal.

Grandkids love those Coke machines.  They have really good tasting water coming out of them, and we never saw the floats.

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We need to make it over there... I really like the feel of that resort.  It's very pretty and (when we've been there) feels very calm.  Several recommendations on the food court as of late; I'll add this one to our next trip.

Ditto!!

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

59 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am now fully convinced we need to make a point of spending some time at POFQ.  :)

On 8/8/2017 at 9:41 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I can offer a good TCD Gang Touring tip- when we park hop, we will often time it around meal time, and hop to a resort that has good bus transportation and a good food court.  POFQ is a great place to do this- take the bus there from whatever park you're at, enjoy a nice, peaceful meal, and then hop to the next park (or back to the same one).  It's the same or cheaper price as what you pay at a park, in a much calmer environment.  You can refill your drinks, and relax.  The restrooms are clean, and not crowded. The bus transportation from there is excellent.  The MK bus is direct, but the other buses do travel through Riverside before heading out.  Still, it's not bad.

TCD

We do this quite often also

We've only ever had beignets at POFQ, but eat at POR a lot. Never have had anything bad there and but really love the salads and can usually get 2 meals or 1 and a snack out of them. We swing in on our way back from a park and pick them up or get them and go watch Yehaa Bob. Will have to try POFQ next trip. 

8 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We've only ever had beignets at POFQ, but eat at POR a lot. Never have had anything bad there and but really love the salads and can usually get 2 meals or 1 and a snack out of them. We swing in on our way back from a park and pick them up or get them and go watch Yehaa Bob. Will have to try POFQ next trip. 

My two granddaughters have become beignet junkies.  We had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday on our last trip!

We looked at the menu at POR and it looked good, but it seemed like their portions were a little smaller then FQ.

I've become addicted to their menu!

• 2 weeks later...

The Disney Parks Blog just posted a big Roaring Fork (no "s") review:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/08/popular-roaring-fork-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge-gets-a-makeover-but-favorites-remain-on-menu/

Popular Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Gets a Makeover, but Favorites Remain on Menu

Pam Brandon

by Pam Brandon, Food Writer, Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort

The rustic Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is open again, one of those spots favored by vacationers looking for a creative, quick bite that’s above average. Located in the main building with patio seating near Copper Creek Springs pool area, it’s a convenient stop for breakfast, lunch or dinner, with spacious seating inside – or get your food to go and head outdoors as the weather cools.

Roaring Fork Roaring Fork Roaring Fork

Breakfast is served 6-11 a.m., and while there’s plenty of grab n’ go options such as fresh fruit, pastries and sandwiches, the new Banana Foster’s French Toast and 10-hour Pulled Pork Cheese Grits with a poached egg are worthy of a leisurely start to the day. The popular Breakfast Flatbread returns, this one with sausage gravy, ham, eggs and Cheddar.

Banana Foster’s French Toast from Roaring Fork

For the first time, Roaring Fork is offering specialty beverages like the Gold Rush Latte (vanilla latte with caramel) previously featured in Territory Lounge, and now on the daily breakfast menu.

Chef Michael Bersell’s Brisket Burger from Roaring Fork

Lunch and dinner is served from 11 a.m.-midnight, and the big winner on the new menu is Chef Michael Bersell’s Brisket Burger with cheddar, cranberry barbecue sauce, cast-iron onions and frisée served on a sweet brioche bun. Or try the Grilled Chicken on Focaccia with roasted peppers and fresh mozzarella. A Gourmet Grilled Cheese features cheddar, arugula, tomato and onion jam on multi-grain bread.

Gourmet Grilled Cheese from Roaring Fork

Flatbreads are back with two new options: Fennel Sausage and Pepperoni with caramelized onion and goat cheese, or an Asiago Grilled Chicken topped with peppers and onions.

Sausage Pepperoni Flatbread from Roaring Fork Wilderness Salad from Roaring Fork

Fans of the popular Wilderness Salad with chicken, walnuts, apples and cheddar will still find both in the grab ‘n go area – or they can be made to order.

Roaring Fork is open daily.

TCD

OK, I believe most of the fiends will think (maybe already think) that I have some strange tastes.  RF took away the cheeseburger and replaced it with something with BBQ sauce and onions.  Yuk.  It's me, I guess, but I don't do onions, garlic, hot sauce, or other spicy, hot, BBQ stuff.  Oh well, another WDW restaurant to cross off the list.

7 hours ago, PghBob said:

OK, I believe most of the fiends will think (maybe already think) that I have some strange tastes.  RF took away the cheeseburger and replaced it with something with BBQ sauce and onions.  Yuk.  It's me, I guess, but I don't do onions, garlic, hot sauce, or other spicy, hot, BBQ stuff.  Oh well, another WDW restaurant to cross off the list.

You would not survive in Texas,  you just described everything we eat. 

8 hours ago, PghBob said:

That stuff bothers me way less then the cranberries, walnuts and other froufrou stuff that is polluting the food these days.

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

You would not survive in Texas,  you just described everything we eat. 

LOL.  Great point.  But..... I have been to Texas probably about 6 times, but not recently.  I have been to the Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso major areas, and some smaller places as well.  Somehow, I managed to survive without eating the BBQ - spicey stuff.  Did manage to wash down my dinners with Lone Star however.  

42 minutes ago, PghBob said:

LOL.  Great point.  But..... I have been to Texas probably about 6 times, but not recently.  I have been to the Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso major areas, and some smaller places as well.  Somehow, I managed to survive without eating the BBQ - spicey stuff.  Did manage to wash down my dinners with Lone Star however.  

Shiner is better!

image.jpeg